COMPLETE[PLAY]Love is the Best Doctor by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:I was wrong. You CAN sound like an old, fat, and overconfident braggart! PL OK!
:mrgreen: Not many people would consider this verdict as a compliment :lol: But thanks. I aim to please. I had fun doing this role. It opens up a whole new range of opportunities.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

:D Hello Sonia,

Here are Aminta's lines:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_aminta_12.mp3

Time is 30:15

Let me know, what do you think?
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

(By the way, we don't usually use the section numbers on dramatic works files becuz we rearrange the MW as files are submitted and PL'd. We use the act number. It will be okay this time.)

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote::D Hello Sonia,
Here are Aminta's lines:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_aminta_12.mp3
Time is 30:15
Let me know, what do you think?
thank you Sara and congrats to your debut in acting :)

Aminta sounds like a really concerned neighbour with sound advice. Sganarelle should have listened more to her, but then the play would have stopped after the first scene with the happy wedding LOL

Nicely played out and no errors in your lines. All's well ! PL ok and good luck for all your future drama ventures.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

You're welcome, Sonia! I had fun doing it and would love to do it again. :9:

LOL, I agree. :D

I'm sorry that I wrote the section number instead of the act number. A rookie mistake. :wink:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Macroton, Act 2, completed.

Sorry for the delay, but I noticed from reading the play notes that "Macroton" apparently means "Stammerer"; and whatever else his speech patterns were, my old history teacher did not stammer. So a different direction seemed to be indicated with Macroton. The lines as written did not seem to suggest any actual stammers, just an over-punctuation and an excessive use of the dramatic pause. Which brought an actor to mind which influenced this recording of Macroton to some extent.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_macroton_2.mp3

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Sorry for the delay, but I noticed from reading the play notes that "Macroton" apparently means "Stammerer"; and whatever else his speech patterns were, my old history teacher did not stammer. So a different direction seemed to be indicated with Macroton. The lines as written did not seem to suggest any actual stammers, just an over-punctuation and an excessive use of the dramatic pause. Which brought an actor to mind which influenced this recording of Macroton to some extent.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_macroton_2.mp3
now I was expecting your history teacher, but well, this will have to do LOL The quirky/jerky speech you gave Macroton is excellently kept up throughout the performance, kudos for that, it sounds quite difficult to me. I think Macroton and Bahys assembled together will be a great double-act.

Only thing missing is your name in the voice credit, could you add that still please ? "read by SotE"

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"Only thing missing is your name in the voice credit, could you add that still please ? "read by SotE""

Oh bother, Sister Fanny and I were distracted by our latest sponsorship deal. (We're back!)

The Scottish Sword Dance. Brought to you by the Joe Lebanon Prosthesis Company.
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

rejoice, I will claim the stage directions. :)

Sandra
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote:rejoice, I will claim the stage directions. :)

Sandra
Yes, rejoice indeed!

Thanks, Todd
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hi all and Sonia, i would love to do the part of Monsieur Guillaume, probably I let my moustache grows these days to be more compenetrated with the Character. As soon as i can I´ll record my lines. Moliere is a great writer i knew only the "imaginary invalid" but well now I´ll be pleased to read another of his plays. What do i have to read apart from the text?
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hey great ! Thanks so much Victor, for helping out here :D
phileasfogg wrote:probably I let my moustache grows these days to be more compenetrated with the Character.
LOL I would love to see that :mrgreen:
Moliere is a great writer i knew only the "imaginary invalid" but well now I´ll be pleased to read another of his plays.
oh if you are getting a taste for these from now on, there will be plenty more on offer in the future. I think Todd wants to do them ALL 8-)
What do i have to read apart from the text?
please also add the full voice credit at the beginning: "Monsieur Guillaume, dealer in hangings, read by Victor Villeraza".

And between the separate "bits" please leave at least 2 seconds of silence, so that Todd can easily cut them out and paste them in his masterfile. So each time someone else speaks, leave some space, even if that is a stage direction like "goes to the left" or something like that.

Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great!

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Sorry if this is a repeat question (probably), but are the prologue pieces open to existing cast or did you want new people to do them? :hmm:
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.