LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 18th, 2017, 2:28 am

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Post Posted:: October 3rd, 2017, 7:36 pm 

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
Sorry, Sis, gotta finalise an absolute waterfrontage real estate deal in the next couple of hours.

Because time and tide wait for no man. :wink:

Joe Lebanon & Co.
"Nobody Can't Prove Nuthin' Nohow"

My dear Jo,
Then take your time, and take a running leap into the tide.
-Fan :wink:

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:28 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

ToddHW wrote:
Kitty wrote:
:shock: yikes he is sooooo slimy. I shudder to think I have to share the same breathing space with this guy :help:
Sonia

Just be glad that he is about as far away as you can get on this planet....

yes I know, the perks of LibriVox LOL but don't forget, when I act for a role in here, I get into character and really feel the other people present...so I will suffer with those vultures around me during the play :help:

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:29 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

ScottKelley wrote:
I unsuccessfully tried to add my new reading to the beginning of the recording. I'm hoping someone with a better handle of Audacity can help. I added the intro with the added "in the Guards" to the end of this audio track. Would Todd (or whomever) be able to edit it into the proper spot?
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_earlofdrumdurris_1.mp3

thanks Scott, now it’s PL ok. :)

As for doing edits, I always record all my corrections onto a completely new Audacity file, then noise-clean and amplify if needs be, and then I copy/paste the bits into the right spots in my masterfile. I found this to be the easiest way.

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:34 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:
The Honorable Mrs. Gaylustre has appeared
Kitty, I've got you now. Try not to squirm too much.
:twisted:

Ah Mrs Gaylustre (I wouldn’t know about “honourable”… :roll: ).

Linda, as I thought, you have an absolute knack for the female villain :thumbs: you and Chris (a.k.a. bush-runner Jo) definitely are two peas of the same pod.

Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ? :shock:

I loved the entire performance. And I’m glad I heard it before I recorded my lines, I have some more ideas how to react now. (I will not make it easy on you either, at least not in the first Act, where I still have a semblance of an upper hand :mrgreen: )

Already your first speech is dripping with disdain and jealousy alike. And so far in Act 1 you play the hypocritical-humbleness-card but already in the final couple of lines, when you see that you have Kitty in your grasp, you start to morph into a more evil character. Oh my, what have I let myself into… I can’t wait to see what you will dish out in Act 2. 8-)

Act 1, for now, is totally PL ok

I was wondering about this cough right at the beginning, :lol: but then I found it in the text ! It is rather a bit more than a “little cough” though LOL but a nice effect.

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:36 am 

As for doing edits, I always record all my corrections onto a completely new Audacity file, then noise-clean and amplify if needs be, and then I copy/paste the bits into the right spots in my masterfile. I found this to be the easiest way.

You have to make corrections??? I don't believe that for a second! :lol:

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:43 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

ScottKelley wrote:
You have to make corrections??? I don't believe that for a second! :lol:

oh, where did you hear the myth of the infallible Kitty ? All lies, I assure you. :lol:

You would be surprised to hear my initial unedited recording. :shock: Just like Todd, I usually end up with almost double the running time than later the edited and cleaned file. There's hard work going into it all to make it sound so effortless.

I am always in awe of people who can do it almost flawlessly.

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:47 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Well, I don't know if Kitty ever makes an error, but I know I do. My raw recordings are usually 50% longer than my final files. Still, after 6 years. Now some of the errors aren't really wrong - they might be attempts are different voices or inflection, breaks for page scrolling (to avoid mouse noise), to wait until the fire truck or ambulance goes by, to have a sip of water - but many of them still are stumbles or wrong words or other actual errors.

I try to stay relaxed during recording (to the extent that the character role allows) rather then striving for first-say perfection, and accept that I get to edit and make my final file - the only one I share - sound good.

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:07 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

ToddHW wrote:
I try to stay relaxed during recording (to the extent that the character role allows)

I'm afraid, Lord Twombley won't have much of a relaxing role this time.

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:14 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

You mean, like the Dean in the last play?

Todd

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:17 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

ToddHW wrote:
You mean, like the Dean in the last play?

:lol: you seem to pick 'em

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:27 am 

Kitty wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:
The Honorable Mrs. Gaylustre has appeared
Kitty, I've got you now. Try not to squirm too much.
:twisted:

Ah Mrs Gaylustre (I wouldn’t know about “honourable”… :roll: ).

Linda, as I thought, you have an absolute knack for the female villain :thumbs: you and Chris (a.k.a. bush-runner Jo) definitely are two peas of the same pod.

Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ? :shock:

I loved the entire performance. And I’m glad I heard it before I recorded my lines, I have some more ideas how to react now. (I will not make it easy on you either, at least not in the first Act, where I still have a semblance of an upper hand :mrgreen: )

Already your first speech is dripping with disdain and jealousy alike. And so far in Act 1 you play the hypocritical-humbleness-card but already in the final couple of lines, when you see that you have Kitty in your grasp, you start to morph into a more evil character. Oh my, what have I let myself into… I can’t wait to see what you will dish out in Act 2. 8-)

Act 1, for now, is totally PL ok

I was wondering about this cough right at the beginning, :lol: but then I found it in the text ! It is rather a bit more than a “little cough” though LOL but a nice effect.

Sonia

Hahaaha! Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived.... very much like my brother’s resounding “Heah!” Everyone knows when we arrive, if we want them to know. :twisted:

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:41 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Quote:
Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ?

All I can suggest is getting all the appropriate parts claimed before the siblings realize I have posted a new play. Which could mean that some of us "nice" people have to play the villains (rather than the fool as I do so often).

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:50 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:
Hahaaha! Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived.... very much like my brother’s resounding “Heah!” Everyone knows when we arrive, if we want them to know. :twisted:

yes I see...subtle is not really in your repertoire, I guess :roll:

ToddHW wrote:
All I can suggest is getting all the appropriate parts claimed before the siblings realize I have posted a new play. Which could mean that some of us "nice" people have to play the villains (rather than the fool as I do so often).

the problem is they are so good at it. But I definitely will play a really bad-ass villain one day in here :twisted: I think the Marchioness in Paul Jones wasn't such a nice lady either, come to think of it. :hmm:

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 10:39 am 

Might I grab Sir Colin on this one?

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years...

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 12:03 pm 

Ealswythe wrote:
Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived....
Expect the unexpectorated.

No need to mention the seven years in Her Majesty's Time-Sharing Resort at Botany Bay, Sis.

Joe Lebanon

Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next