LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 18th, 2017, 2:28 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 14  [ 199 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: October 3rd, 2017, 7:36 pm 

Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Los Angeles
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
Sorry, Sis, gotta finalise an absolute waterfrontage real estate deal in the next couple of hours.

Because time and tide wait for no man. :wink:


Joe Lebanon & Co.
"Nobody Can't Prove Nuthin' Nohow"


My dear Jo,
Then take your time, and take a running leap into the tide.
-Fan :wink:

_________________
I'll be really busy in October, but if you really need me to do a recording, just give me a nudge.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:28 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7783
ToddHW wrote:
Kitty wrote:
:shock: yikes he is sooooo slimy. I shudder to think I have to share the same breathing space with this guy :help:
Sonia

Just be glad that he is about as far away as you can get on this planet....

yes I know, the perks of LibriVox LOL but don't forget, when I act for a role in here, I get into character and really feel the other people present...so I will suffer with those vultures around me during the play :help:

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:29 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7783
ScottKelley wrote:
I unsuccessfully tried to add my new reading to the beginning of the recording. I'm hoping someone with a better handle of Audacity can help. I added the intro with the added "in the Guards" to the end of this audio track. Would Todd (or whomever) be able to edit it into the proper spot?
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_earlofdrumdurris_1.mp3

thanks Scott, now it’s PL ok. :)

As for doing edits, I always record all my corrections onto a completely new Audacity file, then noise-clean and amplify if needs be, and then I copy/paste the bits into the right spots in my masterfile. I found this to be the easiest way.

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:34 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7783
Ealswythe wrote:
The Honorable Mrs. Gaylustre has appeared
Kitty, I've got you now. Try not to squirm too much.
:twisted:

Ah Mrs Gaylustre (I wouldn’t know about “honourable”… :roll: ).

Linda, as I thought, you have an absolute knack for the female villain :thumbs: you and Chris (a.k.a. bush-runner Jo) definitely are two peas of the same pod.

Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ? :shock:

I loved the entire performance. And I’m glad I heard it before I recorded my lines, I have some more ideas how to react now. (I will not make it easy on you either, at least not in the first Act, where I still have a semblance of an upper hand :mrgreen: )

Already your first speech is dripping with disdain and jealousy alike. And so far in Act 1 you play the hypocritical-humbleness-card but already in the final couple of lines, when you see that you have Kitty in your grasp, you start to morph into a more evil character. Oh my, what have I let myself into… I can’t wait to see what you will dish out in Act 2. 8-)

Act 1, for now, is totally PL ok

I was wondering about this cough right at the beginning, :lol: but then I found it in the text ! It is rather a bit more than a “little cough” though LOL but a nice effect.

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:36 am 

Joined: September 29th, 2017, 5:09 am
Posts: 60
Location: Boston, MA
As for doing edits, I always record all my corrections onto a completely new Audacity file, then noise-clean and amplify if needs be, and then I copy/paste the bits into the right spots in my masterfile. I found this to be the easiest way.


You have to make corrections??? I don't believe that for a second! :lol:

_________________
Scott Kelley


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:43 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7783
ScottKelley wrote:
You have to make corrections??? I don't believe that for a second! :lol:

oh, where did you hear the myth of the infallible Kitty ? All lies, I assure you. :lol:

You would be surprised to hear my initial unedited recording. :shock: Just like Todd, I usually end up with almost double the running time than later the edited and cleaned file. There's hard work going into it all to make it sound so effortless.

I am always in awe of people who can do it almost flawlessly.

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 8:47 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6172
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Well, I don't know if Kitty ever makes an error, but I know I do. My raw recordings are usually 50% longer than my final files. Still, after 6 years. Now some of the errors aren't really wrong - they might be attempts are different voices or inflection, breaks for page scrolling (to avoid mouse noise), to wait until the fire truck or ambulance goes by, to have a sip of water - but many of them still are stumbles or wrong words or other actual errors.

I try to stay relaxed during recording (to the extent that the character role allows) rather then striving for first-say perfection, and accept that I get to edit and make my final file - the only one I share - sound good.

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (FULL) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Love and a Bottle Mrs Tanqueray (Full) Cabinet Minister Best Doctor Pinero - A Study


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:07 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7783
ToddHW wrote:
I try to stay relaxed during recording (to the extent that the character role allows)

I'm afraid, Lord Twombley won't have much of a relaxing role this time.

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:14 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6172
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
You mean, like the Dean in the last play?

Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (FULL) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Love and a Bottle Mrs Tanqueray (Full) Cabinet Minister Best Doctor Pinero - A Study


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:17 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7783
ToddHW wrote:
You mean, like the Dean in the last play?

:lol: you seem to pick 'em

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:27 am 

Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Los Angeles
Kitty wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:
The Honorable Mrs. Gaylustre has appeared
Kitty, I've got you now. Try not to squirm too much.
:twisted:

Ah Mrs Gaylustre (I wouldn’t know about “honourable”… :roll: ).

Linda, as I thought, you have an absolute knack for the female villain :thumbs: you and Chris (a.k.a. bush-runner Jo) definitely are two peas of the same pod.

Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ? :shock:

I loved the entire performance. And I’m glad I heard it before I recorded my lines, I have some more ideas how to react now. (I will not make it easy on you either, at least not in the first Act, where I still have a semblance of an upper hand :mrgreen: )

Already your first speech is dripping with disdain and jealousy alike. And so far in Act 1 you play the hypocritical-humbleness-card but already in the final couple of lines, when you see that you have Kitty in your grasp, you start to morph into a more evil character. Oh my, what have I let myself into… I can’t wait to see what you will dish out in Act 2. 8-)

Act 1, for now, is totally PL ok

I was wondering about this cough right at the beginning, :lol: but then I found it in the text ! It is rather a bit more than a “little cough” though LOL but a nice effect.

Sonia


Hahaaha! Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived.... very much like my brother’s resounding “Heah!” Everyone knows when we arrive, if we want them to know. :twisted:

_________________
I'll be really busy in October, but if you really need me to do a recording, just give me a nudge.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:41 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6172
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Quote:
Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ?


All I can suggest is getting all the appropriate parts claimed before the siblings realize I have posted a new play. Which could mean that some of us "nice" people have to play the villains (rather than the fool as I do so often).

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (FULL) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Love and a Bottle Mrs Tanqueray (Full) Cabinet Minister Best Doctor Pinero - A Study


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 9:50 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7783
Ealswythe wrote:
Hahaaha! Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived.... very much like my brother’s resounding “Heah!” Everyone knows when we arrive, if we want them to know. :twisted:

yes I see...subtle is not really in your repertoire, I guess :roll:

ToddHW wrote:
All I can suggest is getting all the appropriate parts claimed before the siblings realize I have posted a new play. Which could mean that some of us "nice" people have to play the villains (rather than the fool as I do so often).

the problem is they are so good at it. But I definitely will play a really bad-ass villain one day in here :twisted: I think the Marchioness in Paul Jones wasn't such a nice lady either, come to think of it. :hmm:

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 10:39 am 

Joined: July 25th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Posts: 559
Might I grab Sir Colin on this one?

_________________
Regards,
Jason in Panama

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years...


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 12:03 pm 

Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Posts: 822
Location: Sydney, Australia
Ealswythe wrote:
Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived....
Expect the unexpectorated.

No need to mention the seven years in Her Majesty's Time-Sharing Resort at Botany Bay, Sis.


Joe Lebanon

_________________
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group