It is currently October 21st, 2017, 6:52 am

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 9:42 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:
Hi Killer Kitty!
See you in the ring! :twisted: I'll chew you up and spit you out! :evil:
:wink:

:shock: all right, now I definitely need to hit the gym before I start this play.

Sonia

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 11:28 am 

All the open male parts seem to be for young men, but despite that I would like to take Valentine White.
As he has been living rough he should not perhaps sound too refined, and also a bit derisive.

Last edited by alanmapstone on September 30th, 2017, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 11:35 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks.

Todd

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 11:39 am 

Hi, may I claim Imogen? I'm only a year older than the character (who is 18) so I think my voice would suit :)

Last edited by leanneyauyau on September 30th, 2017, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 11:41 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:
Hi Todd!
Is it OK to play two parts in this play? I already have Mrs. Gaylustre, but I would also like to play Angèle. It seems to be a very small part, and I speak French fluently, plus I can speak English with a French accent. I'll give her a completely different voice and personality from Mrs. Gaylustre, so they won't sound anything alike.
Thank you!
:D

I'd rather not double up on parts so as to give more people a chance.

Sorry, Todd

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 12:07 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

leanneyauyau wrote:
Hi, may I claim Imogen? I'm only a year older than the character (who is 18) so I think my voice would suit :)

Lord Twombley, I believe our children are complete now. 8-) And a fine set they are.

Thanks Leanne, I totally see you in that role. :thumbs:

Sonia

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 12:36 pm 

ToddHW wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:
Hi Todd!
Is it OK to play two parts in this play? I already have Mrs. Gaylustre, but I would also like to play Angèle. It seems to be a very small part, and I speak French fluently, plus I can speak English with a French accent. I'll give her a completely different voice and personality from Mrs. Gaylustre, so they won't sound anything alike.
Thank you!

I'd rather not double up on parts so as to give more people a chance.

Sorry, Todd

No problem, Todd. Just thought I'd ask.

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 2:41 pm 

Ealswythe wrote:
Hi Killer Kitty!
See you in the ring! :twisted: I'll chew you up and spit you out! :evil:
:wink:

Killer Kitty (aka "Red Sonja") cares not for WWE rings! She directs you to the nearest CCM (Chicks-in-Chain-Mail) arena! :help:

Okay, having plumbed the depths artistically, I now have to do it topographically. Will be incommunicado for at least the next eight hours. But as George Tidd would've said, you can wager your donkey (ie, bet your ass), that I'll be honing my J.L. accent the whole time.

Cheers,
Chris

Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 2:48 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
Okay, having plumbed the depths artistically, I now have to do it topographically. Will be incommunicado for at least the next eight hours. But as George Tidd would've said, you can wager your donkey (ie, bet your ass), that I'll be honing my J.L. accent the whole time.

not even the Australian outback wildlife is safe from your antics :| picture tourists coming to that spot in order to find peace and quiet and all of a sudden their night rest is disturbed by some Jewish moneylender practicing his lines :mrgreen:

Sonia

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 3:24 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

I'm picturing all this practicing going on while Chris is riding by on a saddled kangaroo. Holding up a copy of the script (perhaps on his phone - this is 2017) and declaiming his lines in a variety of accents that make it sound like there are 30 people approaching as he hops by....

Todd

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 3:29 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

ToddHW wrote:
I'm picturing all this practicing going on while Chris is riding by on a saddled kangaroo. Holding up a copy of the script (perhaps on his phone - this is 2017) and declaiming his lines in a variety of accents that make it sound like there are 30 people approaching as he hops by....

:lol: this is fast becoming surrealistic here.

I think I need to go to bed - hoping I won't dream of Chris hopping by on a kangaroo :help:

Sonia

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 4:22 pm 

May I claim the role of Probyn (Sections 23 & 24). It'll give me a chance to practice my serve as well as my lines.

Many thanks,

Philip

Projects in Progress

Humorous Readings and Recitations by Leopold Wagner (3 Sections)

Post Posted:: September 30th, 2017, 4:47 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks.

Todd

Post Posted:: October 1st, 2017, 9:44 am 

I have a question. If there's a stage direction, such as "suddenly", is it OK for me to just suddenly say that line, right after my previous line, eliminating the need for spoken stage direction "suddenly"? Here's the text:

“who will bear you from your dilapidated home and plunge you into the vortex of some great city.  [Suddenly.]  Have you ever been to Paris?”

It's in Act 4.
Thank you!

Post Posted:: October 1st, 2017, 10:29 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:
I have a question. If there's a stage direction, such as "suddenly", is it OK for me to just suddenly say that line, right after my previous line, eliminating the need for spoken stage direction "suddenly"? Here's the text:

“who will bear you from your dilapidated home and plunge you into the vortex of some great city.  [Suddenly.]  Have you ever been to Paris?”

if I may make a suggestion (of course I may, since you asked :mrgreen: ), I understand this "suddenly" differently. It's not as if she shouted this immediately glued to the previous sentence. In fact, quite the contrary I would say.

I picture the scene like this:

"who will bear you from your dilapidated home and plunge you into the vortex of some great city"
*pregnant pause for a second*
then *suddenly* out of the blue, she speaks the next sentence quite fast. Not fast after the first sentence, but fast after a short pause

so to answer your question: I think the stage direction "suddenly" might get cut out in the end, but I would not glue them together, I would leave a breathing pause. Picture yourself, saying this sentence, then thinking about other matters and suddenly this thought with Paris strikes you and you need to get it out.

Sonia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next