COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote:Hi Killer Kitty!
See you in the ring! :twisted: I'll chew you up and spit you out! :evil:
:wink:
:shock: all right, now I definitely need to hit the gym before I start this play.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

All the open male parts seem to be for young men, but despite that I would like to take Valentine White.
As he has been living rough he should not perhaps sound too refined, and also a bit derisive.
Last edited by alanmapstone on September 30th, 2017, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Hi, may I claim Imogen? I'm only a year older than the character (who is 18) so I think my voice would suit :)
Last edited by leanneyauyau on September 30th, 2017, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ealswythe wrote:Hi Todd!
Is it OK to play two parts in this play? I already have Mrs. Gaylustre, but I would also like to play Angèle. It seems to be a very small part, and I speak French fluently, plus I can speak English with a French accent. I'll give her a completely different voice and personality from Mrs. Gaylustre, so they won't sound anything alike.
Thank you!
:D
I'd rather not double up on parts so as to give more people a chance.

Sorry, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote:Hi, may I claim Imogen? I'm only a year older than the character (who is 18) so I think my voice would suit :)
Lord Twombley, I believe our children are complete now. 8-) And a fine set they are.

Thanks Leanne, I totally see you in that role. :thumbs:

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

ToddHW wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:Hi Todd!
Is it OK to play two parts in this play? I already have Mrs. Gaylustre, but I would also like to play Angèle. It seems to be a very small part, and I speak French fluently, plus I can speak English with a French accent. I'll give her a completely different voice and personality from Mrs. Gaylustre, so they won't sound anything alike.
Thank you!
I'd rather not double up on parts so as to give more people a chance.

Sorry, Todd
No problem, Todd. Just thought I'd ask.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Ealswythe wrote:Hi Killer Kitty!
See you in the ring! :twisted: I'll chew you up and spit you out! :evil:
:wink:

Killer Kitty (aka "Red Sonja") cares not for WWE rings! She directs you to the nearest CCM (Chicks-in-Chain-Mail) arena! :help:

Okay, having plumbed the depths artistically, I now have to do it topographically. Will be incommunicado for at least the next eight hours. But as George Tidd would've said, you can wager your donkey (ie, bet your ass), that I'll be honing my J.L. accent the whole time.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Okay, having plumbed the depths artistically, I now have to do it topographically. Will be incommunicado for at least the next eight hours. But as George Tidd would've said, you can wager your donkey (ie, bet your ass), that I'll be honing my J.L. accent the whole time.
not even the Australian outback wildlife is safe from your antics :| picture tourists coming to that spot in order to find peace and quiet and all of a sudden their night rest is disturbed by some Jewish moneylender practicing his lines :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'm picturing all this practicing going on while Chris is riding by on a saddled kangaroo. Holding up a copy of the script (perhaps on his phone - this is 2017) and declaiming his lines in a variety of accents that make it sound like there are 30 people approaching as he hops by....

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:I'm picturing all this practicing going on while Chris is riding by on a saddled kangaroo. Holding up a copy of the script (perhaps on his phone - this is 2017) and declaiming his lines in a variety of accents that make it sound like there are 30 people approaching as he hops by....
:lol: this is fast becoming surrealistic here.

I think I need to go to bed - hoping I won't dream of Chris hopping by on a kangaroo :help:

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

May I claim the role of Probyn (Sections 23 & 24). It'll give me a chance to practice my serve as well as my lines.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

I have a question. If there's a stage direction, such as "suddenly", is it OK for me to just suddenly say that line, right after my previous line, eliminating the need for spoken stage direction "suddenly"? Here's the text:

“who will bear you from your dilapidated home and plunge you into the vortex of some great city.  [Suddenly.]  Have you ever been to Paris?”

It's in Act 4.
Thank you!
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote:I have a question. If there's a stage direction, such as "suddenly", is it OK for me to just suddenly say that line, right after my previous line, eliminating the need for spoken stage direction "suddenly"? Here's the text:

“who will bear you from your dilapidated home and plunge you into the vortex of some great city.  [Suddenly.]  Have you ever been to Paris?”
if I may make a suggestion (of course I may, since you asked :mrgreen: ), I understand this "suddenly" differently. It's not as if she shouted this immediately glued to the previous sentence. In fact, quite the contrary I would say.

I picture the scene like this:

"who will bear you from your dilapidated home and plunge you into the vortex of some great city"
*pregnant pause for a second*
then *suddenly* out of the blue, she speaks the next sentence quite fast. Not fast after the first sentence, but fast after a short pause

so to answer your question: I think the stage direction "suddenly" might get cut out in the end, but I would not glue them together, I would leave a breathing pause. Picture yourself, saying this sentence, then thinking about other matters and suddenly this thought with Paris strikes you and you need to get it out.

Sonia