COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

May I read the role of Mr. Melton--the private secretary.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I don't want to double cast anyone; you already have recorded one role.

There are lottsa other plays with open roles....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kitty T. second Act is in the box. Striving hard to keep on top of the Lebanons :|

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_kitty_2.mp3
Recording time: 11:31 min.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"Striving hard to keep on top of the Lebanons."

I maintain that Joe Lebanon is a man, not a mouse. But we can let the audience decide, and put it to the vote.

Ballots marked "Rat" will be ignored unless there is cheese attached.

Joe Lebanon
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:Kitty T. second Act is in the box. Striving hard to keep on top of the Lebanons :|

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_kitty_2.mp3
Recording time: 11:31 min.

Sonia
[Crushing the letter in her hand.] The demon! The relentless demon!
I am sure that the letter is NOT what Lady Kitty is thinking about crushing....
Sir Julian Twombley. "If I were you I should really think twice—"
Lady Twombley. "Oh, I can’t."
Sir Julian Twombley. "Can’t think twice?"
Bad husband!

Behaving poorly but PL OK while doing so. George Tidd would set the dogs on the pair of them!

Thanks, Todd
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:"Striving hard to keep on top of the Lebanons."

I maintain that Joe Lebanon is a man, not a mouse. But we can let the audience decide, and put it to the vote.

Joe Lebanon
Joe, brother dear, I just made you a nice grilled cheese sandwich...
Your loving sister, Fanny :)
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I see Sis is in good spirits tonight.

And vice versa. :mrgreen:

Joe Lebanon
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Behaving poorly but PL OK while doing so. George Tidd would set the dogs on the pair of them!
and a good back-kick from Dandy Dick for good measure :twisted:

but Kitty meant well in all her deception. She just didn't want to disappoint Sir Julian :cry:
Joe Lebanon wrote:I maintain that Joe Lebanon is a man, not a mouse. But we can let the audience decide, and put it to the vote.
would that be a Leb-rat ? :mrgreen:

ok I better start my working day soon...see you all tonight

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kitty T. Act 3 ready for PL.

Sir Julian: how can you stay so hard-hearted seeing your Kitty in such utter despair ?! She would melt rocks ! (Jo Lebanon may disagree while I am shaking him violently...but he had it coming)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_kitty_3.mp3
Recording time: 13:37 min.

ok I really had to pull out all the stops here, poor Kitty really was on the brink of some hysterical breakdown in some parts here. Let me know if I overdid it. It was quite an emotional rollercoaster I spent the entire evening on. Enough for tonight. Need to come down again.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:Kitty T. Act 3 ready for PL.

Sir Julian: how can you stay so hard-hearted seeing your Kitty in such utter despair ?! She would melt rocks ! (Jo Lebanon may disagree while I am shaking him violently...but he had it coming)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_kitty_3.mp3
Recording time: 13:37 min.

ok I really had to pull out all the stops here, poor Kitty really was on the brink of some hysterical breakdown in some parts here. Let me know if I overdid it. It was quite an emotional rollercoaster I spent the entire evening on. Enough for tonight. Need to come down again.

Sonia
PL OK, a great performance but I don't like what Pinero has you doing. YOU would never behave like that! And that I would think you so unprincipled as to know you would be an accomplice to Lebanon's perfidy and steal the canal paper??? And then am I really to believe that you are going to run off and save Lebanon in Act 4 (which I have not read yet)????

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Can I take Miss Munkittrick, please?
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Todd

Having read the play more carefully I am not sure that Valentine White is a good choice of role for me. I think it needs someone younger to catch the character and I am not good at romantic parts.

So I am suggesting that you reopen Valentine, in the hope that someone younger picks it up, and I will take on The Munkitrick, who is an old fogey.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I don't mean to cast dispersions upon your noble genealogy, m'laird, m'lady, but "Munkittrick" means "monk's trick" in Finnish, at least if online translation apps can be trusted.

I wonder whether ol' Pinero was having a bit of lend there. He was of Central European extraction wasn't he?

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:YOU would never behave like that! And that I would think you so unprincipled as to know you would be an accomplice to Lebanon's perfidy and steal the canal paper???
you know Kitty is utterly crest-fallen that she did it :cry: that has to count in her favour
And then am I really to believe that you are going to run off and save Lebanon in Act 4 (which I have not read yet)????
LOL no as far as I can tell she will not save him, but let him run to his doom :mrgreen:
bluechien wrote:Can I take Miss Munkittrick, please?
of course you can, and I think you are beautifully cast in that role. You'll have fun whining about your misfortunes at the ball :mrgreen: Poor Miss Munkittrick really had a bad-hair day in this Act.
alanmapstone wrote:So I am suggesting that you reopen Valentine, in the hope that someone younger picks it up, and I will take on The Munkitrick, who is an old fogey.
there's still time to make changes Alan. I'll swap roles for you. And I'm sure you will do a great job of Munkittrick !
SonOfTheExiles wrote:I don't mean to cast dispersions upon your noble genealogy, m'laird, m'lady, but "Munkittrick" means "monk's trick" in Finnish, at least if online translation apps can be trusted.
seriously ? :shock: To me it sounds really Scottish. :hmm: Well, maybet he Finnish word had been coined by a Scottish ex-pat moving to Lapland :mrgreen:

Sonia
harpinthecloset

Post by harpinthecloset »

So, as I was recording this, I was wondering how we are to pronounce Twombley. Before I edit my files I figured I should ask so I can re-record if necessary. Is it Twom-blee or Toom-blee?
Jael