COMPLETE[PLAY]2nd Mrs Tanqueray by Arthur Wing Pinero-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:The Doctor applauds our MC's restraint in refraining from any "Me Todd-man. You Jayne" wisecracks.
Restraint is my middle name.

Carry on, Todd
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I would like to claim Captain Hugh Ardale on Kitty's suggestion.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:I would like to claim Captain Hugh Ardale on Kitty's suggestion.
thanks Jason. I think you will be perfect for the role. And since I was your "agent", I will also sign you up, so Todd won't be disturbed during his Sunday brunch :mrgreen:

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

May I claim Section 1?

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

(By the way, we often rearrange the MW in plays as parts are claimed, sent in, and PL'd. Best to use the name cuz the section numbers dance around.)

Thanks, Todd
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Got it. Will do.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi All!

This is my first Librivox play and you all seem to be seasoned professionals, so I'd be happy for any input and suggestions you care to offer (in acting, recording, editing, the whole shabangabang... :) ).

So Lady Orreyed is a chorus girl who married into nobility, so I decided to keep my American accent -- straining to sound upper class, but not pulling it off (but, of course, Lady O is unaware that she sounds pretentious and uses incorrect grammar).

Section 11: Lady Orreyed, Act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_ladyorreyed_3.mp3

Have fun!
TJ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi TJ and thanks for taking part in here :)
benderca wrote:This is my first Librivox play and you all seem to be seasoned professionals
hah ! I wouldn't know about "seasoned" (well, maybe Chris is quite salted and peppered enough :mrgreen: )

But I can safely say, after listening to your Lady Orreyed, you have nothing to be self-conscious about. :thumbs: I love the way you portray her. One notices you put some thought into the character beforehand and you consistently stayed in that persona. And it's well fitting. Your languishing, kinda husky voice is really giving me the mental image of a rather jaded ex-chorus-girl, probably smoking her cigarettes in a long holder and having the occasional drink too many with Dodo (when he is not smashing the bottle in front of her :lol: )

Absolutely well acted out throughout. Consider yourself "seasoned" enough to play with the gang from now on :mrgreen: (that was my flippant way of begging you to claim loads of roles in all our other stage plays)

Oh but one thing you need to do before I can mark this file ok is the following:

> at about 0:21: please insert missing sentence: LADY ORREYED. [Taking coffee.] Here's Dodo.

The rest, perfect. Looking forward to the next act already.

Sonia
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

Mr. Tanqueray now has a servant for act 1 - Morse is complete - at least I pretty sure she is, some of her lines liked to hide.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_morse_1.mp3 00:57
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jpercival wrote:Mr. Tanqueray now has a servant for act 1 - Morse is complete - at least I pretty sure she is, some of her lines liked to hide.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_morse_1.mp3 00:57
excellent Jessie !!! I love your hesitating way of speaking as Morse. She really wants to take care not to blunder or offend propriety in any way. You have a knack for butlering :mrgreen:

Well these are all the lines I could find with the search function and I think you haven't missed any. Morse is PL ok.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote:Hi TJ and thanks for taking part in here :)
benderca wrote:This is my first Librivox play and you all seem to be seasoned professionals
hah ! I wouldn't know about "seasoned" (well, maybe Chris is quite salted and peppered enough :mrgreen: )

But I can safely say, after listening to your Lady Orreyed, you have nothing to be self-conscious about. :thumbs: I love the way you portray her. One notices you put some thought into the character beforehand and you consistently stayed in that persona. And it's well fitting. Your languishing, kinda husky voice is really giving me the mental image of a rather jaded ex-chorus-girl, probably smoking her cigarettes in a long holder and having the occasional drink too many with Dodo (when he is not smashing the bottle in front of her :lol: )

Absolutely well acted out throughout. Consider yourself "seasoned" enough to play with the gang from now on :mrgreen: (that was my flippant way of begging you to claim loads of roles in all our other stage plays)

Oh but one thing you need to do before I can mark this file ok is the following:

> at about 0:21: please insert missing sentence: LADY ORREYED. [Taking coffee.] Here's Dodo.

The rest, perfect. Looking forward to the next act already.

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia, for such great encouragement -- I signed up yesterday for several more of your plays! :lol:

I love your vision of Lady O! I think I will grab myself a glass in one hand and a cigarette in a long holder in the other while I'm recording the next act! LOL! But I'm afraid the air here in our village is much to clean to get into the nightclub atmosphere... ha!

I will add the missing line. This is really so much fun -- I can't wait to hear the finished product!
TJ
Last edited by benderca on October 9th, 2017, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

We're glad to have you here. I find these challenging and rewarding to offer and edit so I will keep them coming!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote:I signed up yesterday for several more of your plays! :lol:
:9: :9: :9: thanks so much !
I love your vision of Lady O! I think I will grab myself a glass in one hand and a cigarette in a long holder in the other while I'm recording the next act! LOL!
hahaha I hope I was not promoting alcohol and smoking here now with my comment :| maybe chocolate cigarettes will do the trick as well ;)
But I'm afraid the air here in our village is much to clean to get into the nightclub atmosphere... ha!
that sounds like a dream village to be making recordings in. Probably very quiet too. Perfect for LibriVox !
This is really so much fun -- I can't wait to hear the finished product!

oh it's always a treat to hear the final result. I have listened to so many plays already and am still thrilled to hear how the bits and pieces fit so well together later on. And while your "out of context" single sentences might sound strange, standing alone, later on with the other readers replying to your quotes, it will sound so much better still. You'll see !

I'm glad you have fun. :D and happy to hear you in your next role. The beauty of creating other personas is an absolute bonus here with the stage plays.

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You appear to need a narrator for this one. I'm available if you'll have me... :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Availle wrote:You appear to need a narrator for this one. I'm available if you'll have me... :wink:
Great. Thanks.

Todd