Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 19th, 2017, 12:14 am

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post Posted:: September 23rd, 2017, 5:27 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
The Doctor applauds our MC's restraint in refraining from any "Me Todd-man. You Jayne" wisecracks.

Restraint is my middle name.

Carry on, Todd

Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 6:49 am 

I would like to claim Captain Hugh Ardale on Kitty's suggestion.

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years...

Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 8:16 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

jasonb wrote:
I would like to claim Captain Hugh Ardale on Kitty's suggestion.

thanks Jason. I think you will be perfect for the role. And since I was your "agent", I will also sign you up, so Todd won't be disturbed during his Sunday brunch :mrgreen:

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 11:59 am 

May I claim Section 1?

Many thanks,

Philip

Projects in Progress

Humorous Readings and Recitations by Leopold Wagner (3 Sections)

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 2:39 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Great.

(By the way, we often rearrange the MW in plays as parts are claimed, sent in, and PL'd. Best to use the name cuz the section numbers dance around.)

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted:: October 4th, 2017, 3:13 pm 

Got it. Will do.

Many thanks,

Philip

Projects in Progress

Humorous Readings and Recitations by Leopold Wagner (3 Sections)

Post Posted:: October 7th, 2017, 5:34 am 

Hi All!

This is my first Librivox play and you all seem to be seasoned professionals, so I'd be happy for any input and suggestions you care to offer (in acting, recording, editing, the whole shabangabang... :) ).

So Lady Orreyed is a chorus girl who married into nobility, so I decided to keep my American accent -- straining to sound upper class, but not pulling it off (but, of course, Lady O is unaware that she sounds pretentious and uses incorrect grammar).

Section 11: Lady Orreyed, Act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_ladyorreyed_3.mp3

Have fun!
TJ

Post Posted:: October 7th, 2017, 6:01 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi TJ and thanks for taking part in here :)

benderca wrote:
This is my first Librivox play and you all seem to be seasoned professionals

hah ! I wouldn't know about "seasoned" (well, maybe Chris is quite salted and peppered enough :mrgreen: )

But I can safely say, after listening to your Lady Orreyed, you have nothing to be self-conscious about. :thumbs: I love the way you portray her. One notices you put some thought into the character beforehand and you consistently stayed in that persona. And it's well fitting. Your languishing, kinda husky voice is really giving me the mental image of a rather jaded ex-chorus-girl, probably smoking her cigarettes in a long holder and having the occasional drink too many with Dodo (when he is not smashing the bottle in front of her :lol: )

Absolutely well acted out throughout. Consider yourself "seasoned" enough to play with the gang from now on :mrgreen: (that was my flippant way of begging you to claim loads of roles in all our other stage plays)

Oh but one thing you need to do before I can mark this file ok is the following:

> at about 0:21: please insert missing sentence: LADY ORREYED. [Taking coffee.] Here's Dodo.

The rest, perfect. Looking forward to the next act already.

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 7th, 2017, 3:57 pm 

Mr. Tanqueray now has a servant for act 1 - Morse is complete - at least I pretty sure she is, some of her lines liked to hide.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_morse_1.mp3 00:57

That's my noble master!
What shall I do? say what; what shall I do?

- Ariel: The Tempest

Post Posted:: October 8th, 2017, 1:53 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

jpercival wrote:
Mr. Tanqueray now has a servant for act 1 - Morse is complete - at least I pretty sure she is, some of her lines liked to hide.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_morse_1.mp3 00:57

excellent Jessie !!! I love your hesitating way of speaking as Morse. She really wants to take care not to blunder or offend propriety in any way. You have a knack for butlering :mrgreen:

Well these are all the lines I could find with the search function and I think you haven't missed any. Morse is PL ok.

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 8th, 2017, 5:24 am 

Kitty wrote:
Hi TJ and thanks for taking part in here :)

benderca wrote:
This is my first Librivox play and you all seem to be seasoned professionals

hah ! I wouldn't know about "seasoned" (well, maybe Chris is quite salted and peppered enough :mrgreen: )

But I can safely say, after listening to your Lady Orreyed, you have nothing to be self-conscious about. :thumbs: I love the way you portray her. One notices you put some thought into the character beforehand and you consistently stayed in that persona. And it's well fitting. Your languishing, kinda husky voice is really giving me the mental image of a rather jaded ex-chorus-girl, probably smoking her cigarettes in a long holder and having the occasional drink too many with Dodo (when he is not smashing the bottle in front of her :lol: )

Absolutely well acted out throughout. Consider yourself "seasoned" enough to play with the gang from now on :mrgreen: (that was my flippant way of begging you to claim loads of roles in all our other stage plays)

Oh but one thing you need to do before I can mark this file ok is the following:

> at about 0:21: please insert missing sentence: LADY ORREYED. [Taking coffee.] Here's Dodo.

The rest, perfect. Looking forward to the next act already.

Sonia

Thanks, Sonia, for such great encouragement -- I signed up yesterday for several more of your plays! :lol:

I love your vision of Lady O! I think I will grab myself a glass in one hand and a cigarette in a long holder in the other while I'm recording the next act! LOL! But I'm afraid the air here in our village is much to clean to get into the nightclub atmosphere... ha!

I will add the missing line. This is really so much fun -- I can't wait to hear the finished product!
TJ

Last edited by benderca on October 9th, 2017, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted:: October 8th, 2017, 5:28 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

We're glad to have you here. I find these challenging and rewarding to offer and edit so I will keep them coming!

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted:: October 8th, 2017, 5:34 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

benderca wrote:
I signed up yesterday for several more of your plays! :lol:

:9: :9: :9: thanks so much !

Quote:
I love your vision of Lady O! I think I will grab myself a glass in one hand and a cigarette in a long holder in the other while I'm recording the next act! LOL!

hahaha I hope I was not promoting alcohol and smoking here now with my comment :| maybe chocolate cigarettes will do the trick as well ;)

Quote:
But I'm afraid the air here in our village is much to clean to get into the nightclub atmosphere... ha!

that sounds like a dream village to be making recordings in. Probably very quiet too. Perfect for LibriVox !

Quote:
This is really so much fun -- I can't wait to hear the finished product!

oh it's always a treat to hear the final result. I have listened to so many plays already and am still thrilled to hear how the bits and pieces fit so well together later on. And while your "out of context" single sentences might sound strange, standing alone, later on with the other readers replying to your quotes, it will sound so much better still. You'll see !

I'm glad you have fun. :D and happy to hear you in your next role. The beauty of creating other personas is an absolute bonus here with the stage plays.

Sonia

Post Posted:: October 8th, 2017, 6:22 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

You appear to need a narrator for this one. I'm available if you'll have me... :wink:

--
AvailleAudio.com

Post Posted:: October 8th, 2017, 7:04 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Availle wrote:
You appear to need a narrator for this one. I'm available if you'll have me... :wink:

Great. Thanks.

Todd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next