[COMPLETE] The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Craigos
Posts: 324
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 8:42 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Craigos » September 30th, 2017, 2:41 am

I could just re-record it to fit in.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » September 30th, 2017, 2:47 am

Craigos wrote:I could just re-record it to fit in.
sure of course that would be an option too...if you'd like to have a listen to Tomas' version. But maybe wait until we hear what Tomas will come up with. This is really only a small thing which can be sorted out in the end.

Sonia

Craigos
Posts: 324
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 8:42 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Craigos » September 30th, 2017, 10:31 am


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » September 30th, 2017, 10:44 am

:lol: now this scene is HILARIOUS for some reason. You both (especially Tomas) speak your lines with such pathos and drama which I somehow find very comic. Add to this Craig's Italian mobster accent and it really made me laugh.

Cleomenes and Dion definitely should have had a bigger role.

Well assembled and PL ok

Thanks Craig !

Sonia

adonis
Posts: 1233
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 8:33 am

Post by adonis » October 17th, 2017, 10:18 pm


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 17th, 2017, 11:21 pm

thank you Tony, but we already had your servant credit :) As you can see the Dramatis Personae file is already PL ok and I think it was even you who checked it, if I remember correctly. :hmm:

In any case, to make sure, I just re-checked the file and the servant line is definitely in there. So all is well. Better double than not at all. So thanks.

Sonia

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1385
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » October 19th, 2017, 5:57 pm

I merged the Cleomenes and Dion lines for 3.2; it's now ready for spot PL.

Here are the lines for Florizel:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_florizel_4_4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_florizel_5_1.mp3

My apologies for holding things up. I've had much less time for this than when we did Cymbeline. Such is life. Some people have more of it, some don't. :P

Just Camillo and the Clown left. Have to see what accents/voices I've not yet done. :lol:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Mikado | The Goddess: A Demon | Amends for Ladies | The Story of the Amulet | If I Had a Father | Wappin' Wharf | Hamilton

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 20th, 2017, 1:06 am

WiltedScribe wrote:I merged the Cleomenes and Dion lines for 3.2; it's now ready for spot PL.
oh yes, this works excellently. Both voices come out and the sentence is still understandable. Well done Tomas, you're a merging wizard :thumbs:

definitely PL ok now

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 20th, 2017, 1:25 am

hah ! you had the same idea than me with Perdita, to give them our softest "innocent young" voice ever. Oh my...the dialogue with those to together will be dripping in youthful romanticism LOL

Well done and Act 5 is already PL ok. That means Scene 5.1. is ready to be assembled, but not by me at the moment. If nobody volunteers, I can probably do it over the weekend.

In Act 4, the first line has a bit of a different meaning:

> at 0:07: “These your unusual weeds to each part of you / Do give a life” – you say “usual”, may be trivial, but I flag it and you can decide whether it need redoing.
Just Camillo and the Clown left. Have to see what accents/voices I've not yet done.

I guess the clown will become a very silly swain LOL Looking forward to that

Sonia

adonis
Posts: 1233
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 8:33 am

Post by adonis » October 20th, 2017, 6:36 am

OK. I'll have a go at editing 5:1. Bye now.

Tony.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 20th, 2017, 6:40 am

adonis wrote:OK. I'll have a go at editing 5:1.
oh Tony you would volunteer ? :9: thanks so much. I'll mark it in the MW, so the work will not get done double.

Sonia

adonis
Posts: 1233
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 8:33 am

Post by adonis » October 20th, 2017, 10:03 am

There's something odd about my Kindle download. It's happened before - it switches round First Lord for Second Gentleman and so on. There's no reason Tomas and Craig shouldn't have read each other's minor parts here and eased up on the doubling. I'm sure that was my download, not me. However, everybody handled it (particularly Tomas) excellently well. His Florizel was very soft, gentle and low - excellent. Time to go do dinner.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_5_1.mp3

T,

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 20th, 2017, 1:19 pm

excellent Tony, that was a fast job. And the scene was so long too. I only cut a few lengthy pauses shorter and there was one part where you doubled the word "Lord" for some reason, which I cut out. I'll reupload the new version and it will be checked in the final assembly of Act 5 anyway. So for now I mark it PL ok.
adonis wrote:There's something odd about my Kindle download. It's happened before - it switches round First Lord for Second Gentleman and so on. There's no reason Tomas and Craig shouldn't have read each other's minor parts here and eased up on the doubling. I'm sure that was my download, not me.
I'm not really sure what you mean here :hmm: I didn't hear any switches in parts.
However, everybody handled it (particularly Tomas) excellently well.
I found the part extremely good where Tomas as Florizel and Gentleman talks to himself, and Florizel being so soft and the Gentleman having such a scratchy voice, one really wouldn't think it's the same person.

Everything sounds fine to me :thumbs:

Sonia

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1385
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » October 20th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Kitty wrote:In Act 4, the first line has a bit of a different meaning:

> at 0:07: “These your unusual weeds to each part of you / Do give a life” – you say “usual”, may be trivial, but I flag it and you can decide whether it need redoing.
Thanks, Sonia. I did redo the line, and have re-uploaded for spot PL. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Mikado | The Goddess: A Demon | Amends for Ladies | The Story of the Amulet | If I Had a Father | Wappin' Wharf | Hamilton

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9671
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 20th, 2017, 2:20 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:Thanks, Sonia. I did redo the line, and have re-uploaded for spot PL. :thumbs:
thank you, yes, now it's totally PL ok

Sonia

Post Reply