COMPLETE[PLAY]Physician In Spite of Himself by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

May I play Lucinda? Or any other female role you think would suit.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
Roger

Post by Roger »

Monsier Robert, act 1, makes his appearance:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_monsieurrobert_1.mp3 (1:34)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Monsier Robert, act 1, makes his appearance:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_monsieurrobert_1.mp3 (1:34)
ah-hahaha, this is hilarious ! This will be a pretty quick volley of sentences between Martine and M. Robert. I can already picture the scene. Roger, you play the neighbour excellently and a bit bumbling, which is probably quite accurate. :thumbs:

Well done, no errors. PL ok. Thanks so much for taking part :9:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Going to posting my recordings soon. By the way, the script is VERY confusing as there is no differentiation between Lucinde's lines and Lucas' lines! (They're both marked 'Luc.')
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote:Going to posting my recordings soon. By the way, the script is VERY confusing as there is no differentiation between Lucinde's lines and Lucas' lines! (They're both marked 'Luc.')
:shock: seriously ?!!!! how annoying. Thanks for the heads up, I will be extra careful in the PLing.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Thibaut completed (Act 3) - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_thibaut_3.mp3

Sufficiently peasanty, I trust.

Exit, rhoticising all the way, stage left.
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Thibaut completed (Act 3) - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/physicianinspite_thibaut_3.mp3
Sufficiently peasanty, I trust.
Exit, rhoticising all the way, stage left.
Chris
hahaha, indeed he is taking peasanty to a whole new level :thumbs: I hope the raspy voice is not because of your lurgy :( it sounds like it must hurt.

everything perfectly acted, this scene will be quite funny I feel.

(oh and thanks for the little aside in the voice credit - although Todd will cut it out, I had to grin when I heard it) I'm afraid, I still hear more something like Thibooo than Thibo but I think it's totally passable and I will not torture you with any more corrections to this name. It's true that if you don't have the sound in your language, it's difficult to hear the difference yourself. I encounter this problem with some Arabic sounds, which sound the same to me, but apparently are totally different sounds.

Thibeau PL ok. And please wait for your voice to get back to normal before you do Sir Tristram. This can't be good for your vocal chords if you have to do such a big role.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"And please wait for your voice to get back to normal"

That's why I did the peasant first. They also serf who only stand and wait. :mrgreen:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hahaha, well done on the "dumbness" part, Leanne. And then in the third act you really recover your voice back with a vengeance :mrgreen: Todd, you really need to cut this dialogue well so that she cuts off her father's words at every turn ! This will be a funny (but stressful scene)

everything PL ok. However, I think you only have to say these ha, hi, ho sounds in the second act, and the last sentences from 0:27 onwards belong to Lucas, by context. Lucinde is supposed to play dumb until she can elope with the man she loves. In the next act, Géronte is happy that his daughter has recovered speech, that means she did not speak before.

No need to re-upload, I will make a note in the MW. And I will take care that Lucas is reading those sentences. Tomas, I hope you read this ;)

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

I can read the stage directions here :)

Sandra
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote:I can read the stage directions here :)

Sandra
Thanks!

Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose