COMPLETE[PLAY] Dandy Dick by Arthur Wing Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 1 of the Dean is uploaded for PL.
ah this is excellent, dear brother :clap: The poor Dean falls from one disaster into the next, helplessly struggling to float on top of the bills, his daughters' whims, his sister's bossiness and Sir Tristram's hearty but well-meant sucker-punches :mrgreen: Your groaning 'ooohhh' felt quite real at that point.

This promises a really good Act :9:

PL ok

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Dean Acts 2 and 3 are in the MW for PL.

And Georgiana Act 3 is PL OK. These parts are going to sound great together, sis.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Dean Acts 2 and 3 are in the MW for PL.
excellent run-through till the finishing line (if I might stay in character). I so love the palpable despair in your voice for most of this dialogue LOL the poor Dean really has had a few rough days. :mrgreen:

the entire Dean is PL ok

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
ToddHW wrote:Dean Acts 2 and 3 are in the MW for PL.
excellent run-through till the finishing line (if I might stay in character). I so love the palpable despair in your voice for most of this dialogue LOL the poor Dean really has had a few rough days. :mrgreen:

the entire Dean is PL ok

Sonia
Great. I was feeling a bit shouty, but then all the troubles of the world ARE converging upon the poor Dean....

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Wait a minute ... I thought Todd was out of touch until 22 Aug?

Okay, which anti Carry On stoolie is wearing a wire?!

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Great. I was feeling a bit shouty, but then all the troubles of the world ARE converging upon the poor Dean....
yes it seems they are. I also pitied him (but only a bit)
SonOfTheExiles wrote:Wait a minute ... I thought Todd was out of touch until 22 Aug?
Okay, which anti Carry On stoolie is wearing a wire?!
LOL we should never feel too safe, Chris. My "Big Brother" is watching us :mrgreen:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

The area around Wangaratta in the state of Victoria is known today as "Kelly" country.

My mother grew up in that region, and her father, as a very young man, actually attended the trial of Ned Kelly.

In the 1980s, Ned's descendants appealed to the State Premier for a posthumous pardon for Australia's most famous outlaw. The premier declined, probably feeling that it was an inappropriate form of recognition for a man who had shot three policemen in cold blood.

Ned's mother, Kate, survived her famous son by some decades, and attained a level of respectability in late life. Ironically, her youngest child became a policeman.

There is an Australian saying: "Who's robbing this coach?" It relates to a story, possibly apocryphal, about Ned Kelly. The outlaw had held up a stage coach, and ordered all the passengers to disembark. He then announced his intention to strip all the men of their valuables and all the women of their virtue. When one of the male passengers protested at this threatened outrage, a young woman spoke up: "Who's robbing this coach, you or Mr Kelly?"

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote:There is an Australian saying: "Who's robbing this coach?" It relates to a story, possibly apocryphal, about Ned Kelly. The outlaw had held up a stage coach, and ordered all the passengers to disembark. He then announced his intention to strip all the men of their valuables and all the women of their virtue. When one of the male passengers protested at this threatened outrage, a young woman spoke up: "Who's robbing this coach, you or Mr Kelly?"
:lol: if ever there will be made a movie of his life, this scene definitely needs to be included !
SonOfTheExiles wrote:Sir Tristram Mardon, Act 1, completed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dandydick_sirtristrammardon_1.mp3
Chris I'm looking forward to this...but first have to listen to the Duke of Richelieu...your turn will be later on in the day

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"but first have to listen to the Duke of Richelieu".

I gather the Cardinal has to get a bet down, George?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:"but first have to listen to the Duke of Richelieu".
I gather the Cardinal has to get a bet down, George?
actually he has ! But not in horse-racing, unfortunately... oh and it's not the famous cardinal, but probably a young nephew or something. It's in the play Mademoiselle de Belle-Isle, if you like to check it out.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Sir Tristram Mardon, Act 1, completed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dandydick_sirtristrammardon_1.mp3
:shock: Sir Tristram is Admiral Rankling in disguise ! Your boisterous voice is unmistakable. Well...he does sound more jovial and way less tyrannical than Rankling. And I can assure you, Tris Mardon, that George Tidd will not be bullied around after the wedding like poor Mrs Rankling. :evil:

Ok now I got that off my chest...Act 1 is perfectly acted out. Your hearty handshakes exactly sound like the would elicit the cringing "oooohs" from Todd. This will sound great assembled. :9:

PL ok

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"Well...he does sound more jovial and way less tyrannical than Rankling."

Sir Tristram Mardon is a lover, not a fighter.

The 60s ... the 1860s, that is ... were very good to him.
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

and here are the Stage Directions for the final Act:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dandydick_narrator_3.mp3 (20:01)

Sandra
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose