COMPLETE[PLAY]Mademoiselle De Belle Isle by Dumas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I would like to lay claim to The Chevalier D'Aubigny.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you for your kind words, Sonia. That was exactly the sound I was going for!

How was my pronunciation? I know I'll never sound like a native French speaker, and I've never had a day of French in my life, but if there's anything glaringly horrible, I'm happy to give it another go.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:How was my pronunciation? I know I'll never sound like a native French speaker, and I've never had a day of French in my life, but if there's anything glaringly horrible, I'm happy to give it another go.
oh no, you actually pronounced the names quite accurately. Ironically, the only name you pronounced wrong was your own :mrgreen: "Isle" in French would be pronounced something like the English fish "eel", not "aisle" like you said. (you can listen to my file, I say this name quite often.) But you only used it for the voice credits. If you want to say it correctly, you can always give another voice credit in the next act :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:I would like to lay claim to The Chevalier D'Aubigny.
hey Jason ! great to have you on board too. :9:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Kitty wrote:Ah, Leanne ! Wait, I found another line for Mariette in Act 3, page 527 :D

And in Act 2 she speaks on page 484 8-)

Sonia
Thanks!
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote:
mightyfelix wrote:How was my pronunciation? I know I'll never sound like a native French speaker, and I've never had a day of French in my life, but if there's anything glaringly horrible, I'm happy to give it another go.
oh no, you actually pronounced the names quite accurately. Ironically, the only name you pronounced wrong was your own :mrgreen: "Isle" in French would be pronounced something like the English fish "eel", not "aisle" like you said. (you can listen to my file, I say this name quite often.) But you only used it for the voice credits. If you want to say it correctly, you can always give another voice credit in the next act :)

Sonia
Thank you! I did listen to your act 1, or else it would have been worse! But I must have missed that one. I guess I thought I already knew it! :lol: In act 3, I do say my own name during a scene with D'Aubigny, so I'll be sure to re-record that when I do my editing.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I think it isn't until act II that you have a line with my name in it, which must be why I missed it. Anyway, I hope to have a chance to fix that soon. I'll also want to re-submit act II, because I do say "Marquis of Belle Isle" when listing my father's titles. Thanks again!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is act 2, with the correct pronunciation of the voice credit (or as close as I'm likely to get). I also re-recorded my line at 4:15-4:20, for pronunciation. It is still 12:39.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_debelleisle_2.mp3

And here is act 3. Time is 11:27.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_debelleisle_3.mp3

Act 5 is coming later today or tomorrow.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, act 5 is 10:15. And the voice credit should be correct in all except act 1. I enjoyed this character very much!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_debelleisle_5.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:Ok, act 5 is 10:15. And the voice credit should be correct in all except act 1. I enjoyed this character very much!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_debelleisle_5.mp3
and we could not have wished for a better voice to play her :9: all your acts are flawlessly read and excellently acted out. You ARE Gabrielle. The righteous anger in your voice when you ask Richelieu for a confession and later the despair with d'Aubigny when he doesn't believe you, all is so credibly conveyed. I can find no flaw.

Also: Belle-Isle is now perfectly pronounced :thumbs: thanks !

Acts 2 and 5 are PL ok. Perfect work. I hope to hear you soon in other plays...

I found a small edit to make in Act 3:

> at 7:47-7:49: (p. 523) "You shall confess sir": stumble and repeat can be cut out

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You're too kind! :D I'll keep my eyes open, should another play open up that calls to me, but I do have a couple of solos to finish up (one very short, and the other quite lengthy) that I don't want to lose sight of. I'm sure I'll turn up in another one sooner or later.

Here is act 3, with the stumble edited out. Time is now 11:24.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_debelleisle_3.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Devorah ! Act 3 now PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Thank you Leanne, Mariette is perfectly PL ok. :thumbs: A pity she didn't have more lines in the other acts as well, but the first dialogue will probably turn out very good. She sounds so young, but already world-wise :mrgreen:

The volume is always a tiny bit over 92 dB, but no clipping happened, so it's no big deal.

Sonia