COMPLETE[PLAY] Cupid's Whirligig (1607) by Edward Sharpham - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Alan, Old Lord beautifully brought to a close. I especially loved the genuine surprise in your voice when you said "My son ?" Really great acted there :thumbs:

Nothing missing or wrong, so it can be marked PL ok

the only thing I will note down for Rob in the MW is the volume which is a bit low at 86 dB and the background noise is in want of a bit of tuning down. Otherwise, totally great recording.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks to Sonia for taking over BC duties in my absence, and to those who submitted their recordings. We're getting there!
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote:Thanks to Sonia for taking over BC duties in my absence, and to those who submitted their recordings. We're getting there!
yay, welcome back :) It was kinda quiet in this thread, so I didn't have to do overtime :mrgreen: but I gladly hand over DPL and Deputy-BC duties to you again and will come back for the final acts again.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I could play Venter if you like. He's only in Acts 1 and 5 and I have only played Exhibition in Act 4 so far I think.

Thanks, Todd
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

ToddHW wrote:I could play Venter if you like. He's only in Acts 1 and 5 and I have only played Exhibition in Act 4 so far I think.

Thanks, Todd
Thanks, Todd. That would be good. All yours!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Rob,

You have old claims here that are older than the two months standard announced in the first posting. Unless these readers have asked for and/or been granted extensions of their claims, you might want to make sure they are still around and perhaps open their claims to other folks.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

:? Only mageek's claim is over the two month deadline. The claims for Jason and myself are still valid until next Saturday.
Tomas Peter
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

ToddHW wrote:Rob,

You have old claims here that are older than the two months standard announced in the first posting. Unless these readers have asked for and/or been granted extensions of their claims, you might want to make sure they are still around and perhaps open their claims to other folks.

Thanks, Todd
Hi Todd,

Thanks for checking in. I contacted the relevant readers last week to see if they want to renew. I will open the roles of those I don’t hear back from.
ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

With permission, I'll take Master Correction. :D
Scott Kelley
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

ScottKelley wrote:With permission, I'll take Master Correction. :D
Thanks, Scott. You got him!
ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

Scott Kelley
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Hi,

I have been working a lot and babying my voice for the last 6 weeks, and would request another week or 10 days to complete my contribution to this project.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Scott,

Thanks!

A good reading, but there are just a few small errors to fix.

-Your first line is missing a 'but': "I had dined forth today, but that you see the weather is cloudy... "
-2:42 "what is, then, man's best comfort". You say "what is the man's best comfort". I am not certain this is a necessary fix, but perhaps the meaning is obscured somewhat by the error.
-3:20 "They that did it, were but the children and the youth, and youth would break out in spite of his nose." Could you read that part of the line again? There are a couple of words swapped around at the beginning of the line, obscuring the meaning, and I hear 'despite' instead of 'spite'.
-6:18 I hear "believe it true, wife", when the line should be "because it is true, wife".
-7:05 Could you re-read "for as all your cockatrices maintain surgeons by their issues". (i.e. doctors are kept in work by the number of children born to sex-workers).
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

jasonb wrote:Hi,

I have been working a lot and babying my voice for the last 6 weeks, and would request another week or 10 days to complete my contribution to this project.
No worries, Jason. Hope you're feeling 100% again soon.