[COMPLETE] Modern Monologues by Marjorie Benton Cooke -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » July 16th, 2017, 10:51 am

linny wrote:I would go with floor.

Also I wouldn't read the Excerpt
Thanks. I would also go with "floor." The excerpt just generates automatically when I copy and paste from iBooks, so it's not even in the text. I won't read that.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

vwangny
Posts: 1
Joined: July 20th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Post by vwangny » July 21st, 2017, 6:40 pm

Hello! I'd like to claim Section 12 please. Please confirm. Thank you :)

linny
Posts: 8737
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » July 23rd, 2017, 6:41 am

vwangny wrote:Hello! I'd like to claim Section 12 please. Please confirm. Thank you :)
Hello, welcome to LV. Thank you for your claim. I'll hold your section for you but you will need to submit your initial test to Listeners Wanted before recording for a project. Please see section 3 of the project post for Newbies.

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 4th, 2017, 10:52 pm

Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772


Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 10th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Section 47 (Maid) ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/modernmonologues_maid_47.mp3

Duration - 3:02

:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 10th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Section 6 (Mrs. Northrup) ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/modernmonologues_mrsnorthrup_06.mp3

Duration - 5:29

I added special sound effects with an old phone, because Mrs. Northridge is on the phone, picking up the receiver, trying to reach Central, slamming the receiver down. :D I think the sound effects will make it easier in the editing process, eliminating the need to insert stage directions for phone sounds in those places. You can even hear a little ring of a phone when I slam the receiver down.
Hope you like it!
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8737
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » August 11th, 2017, 4:32 am

The Maid and Mrs. Northrup are both PL OK. Well done. I really enjoy your voice control.

Please be sure to name your files correctly. The number should be the sketch number and not the section number. Thanks!

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 11th, 2017, 9:01 am

linny wrote:The Maid and Mrs. Northrup are both PL OK. Well done. I really enjoy your voice control.

Please be sure to name your files correctly. The number should be the sketch number and not the section number. Thanks!
Oh, OK. From now on, I will name the files with the sketch number, and not the section number. Thank you for that info, and thank you for the PL!

:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772


Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 12th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Sketch 5 Hulda ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/modernmonologues_hulda_05.mp3

Duration 2:36

:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772


Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 13th, 2017, 3:41 pm

I'm having such a great time with this collection!
I'd like to take on:
All of Sketch 4 (including Stage Directions and Mrs. Derwent)
Section 15 (Young Woman)
Section 18 (Maggie)
Section 50 (Mrs. Payson de Sleyster)
All of Sketch 22 (Stage Directions and Mrs. Martin)


:D Thank you!
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8737
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » August 19th, 2017, 10:40 am

Ealswythe wrote:I'm having such a great time with this collection!
I'd like to take on:
All of Sketch 4 (including Stage Directions and Mrs. Derwent)
Section 15 (Young Woman)
Section 18 (Maggie)
Section 50 (Mrs. Payson de Sleyster)
All of Sketch 22 (Stage Directions and Mrs. Martin)


:D Thank you!
I just got home and realized I missed this. You are all entered now. :D

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 19th, 2017, 10:45 am

linny wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:I'm having such a great time with this collection!
I'd like to take on:
All of Sketch 4 (including Stage Directions and Mrs. Derwent)
Section 15 (Young Woman)
Section 18 (Maggie)
Section 50 (Mrs. Payson de Sleyster)
All of Sketch 22 (Stage Directions and Mrs. Martin)


:D Thank you!
I just got home and realized I missed this. You are all entered now. :D
Thank you, Linny! :D Welcome home! I think you were on vacation, right?
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Post Reply