[COMPLETE] Modern Monologues by Marjorie Benton Cooke -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » August 31st, 2017, 11:22 am

Ealswythe wrote:Sketch 7 Young Woman ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/modernmonologues_youngwoman_07.mp3

Time: 5:25

Note: The MW says "Young Woman", so I used that to name the file. But the book (and I am reading from the pdf link to the real book - not the google generated mess) says "The Very Young Person", so that is how I read the title of the role.
:D
Thanks!
Young woman is PL OK.

For the future, when you are reading a single part please leave extra room for editing other lines. When editing we rely on visual for the initial copy/paste so 3-4 seconds between lines makes editing easier.

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » August 31st, 2017, 2:11 pm

linny wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:Sketch 7 Young Woman ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/modernmonologues_youngwoman_07.mp3

Time: 5:25

Note: The MW says "Young Woman", so I used that to name the file. But the book (and I am reading from the pdf link to the real book - not the google generated mess) says "The Very Young Person", so that is how I read the title of the role.
:D
Thanks!
Young woman is PL OK.

For the future, when you are reading a single part please leave extra room for editing other lines. When editing we rely on visual for the initial copy/paste so 3-4 seconds between lines makes editing easier.
OK, Linny. I will do that in the future. I'll leave 3-4 seconds in between, if stage directions or other lines have to be added.
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » August 31st, 2017, 4:57 pm

Ealswythe wrote:OK, Linny. I will do that in the future. I'll leave 3-4 seconds in between, if stage directions or other lines have to be added.
:D
Execellent! Thank you. :thumbs:

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » September 21st, 2017, 9:47 pm

Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » September 22nd, 2017, 9:07 am

Thank you. We have an issue however. This should have been numbered as the sketch number 08. By naming it as 16 you overwrote the PL OK sketch 16. Please rename 08 and re-post. I'll pull the old sketch 16 and re-post that so I won't need to re-PL it.

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » September 22nd, 2017, 9:12 am

linny wrote:Thank you. We have an issue however. This should have been numbered as the sketch number 08. By naming it as 16 you overwrote the PL OK sketch 16. Please rename 08 and re-post. I'll pull the old sketch 16 and re-post that so I won't need to re-PL it.
OK. So then should I name it modernmonologues_08_cooke_
Along with the rest of the file name, of course?
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » September 22nd, 2017, 9:38 am

Sketch 8 re-uploaded with the correct file name
https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/modernmonologues_08_cooke_128kb.mp3
7:59


Linny,
I still have the mp3 of sketch 16. Is it easier for you if I re-upload it, or do you prefer to just change the file name from your end?
Thanks!
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » September 22nd, 2017, 9:49 am

Please don't upload 16 again. If you do then I'll have to PL it again and my time is really limited right now. Irma took a big toll on us and I just got internet back so I'm behind here at LV.

linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » September 22nd, 2017, 9:57 am

Previously PL ok sketch 16 downloaded from MC folder.
Uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/modernmonologues_16_cooke_128kb.mp3
Downloaded again and spot checked to verify.

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » September 22nd, 2017, 10:41 am

linny wrote:Please don't upload 16 again. If you do then I'll have to PL it again and my time is really limited right now. Irma took a big toll on us and I just got internet back so I'm behind here at LV.
No problem, Linny. That's why I asked first. All I uploaded today was sketch 8 with the corrected file name. Sorry to have complicated things. That's the last thing you need after Irma.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » September 24th, 2017, 9:30 am

Sketch 8 is PL OK!

Somehow I think he's a very lucky man. :wink:

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » September 24th, 2017, 9:35 am

linny wrote:Sketch 8 is PL OK!

Somehow I think he's a very lucky man. :wink:
Hahahahaha!
:thumbs:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » October 16th, 2017, 9:52 am

PM reminder sent to Tomas.

Ealswythe
Posts: 723
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » October 16th, 2017, 9:56 am

Hi Linny
I’ve been really busy this month with work, but I’ll be back into recording in November. Just wanted to let you know!
Linda
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

linny
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » October 16th, 2017, 10:06 am

Linda,
Noted. Thank you for the update.

Post Reply