COMPLETE[PLAY] The Devil is an Ass by Ben Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

And this should be the end of Manly (unless I royally screwed something up... which is highly likely).

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilisanass_manly_5.mp3
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:And this should be the end of Manly (unless I royally screwed something up... which is highly likely).
aww you're really being too hard on yourself, Chuck. I loved Manly's final monologue (rather: harangue !) very much :9: You really put your all in it. Super done !

only one note left to correct for Act 5 (some missing lines again, sorry):

> at about 0:29: seven missing lines from bottom p. 343/top 344: "Are you phrenetic, sir ? [....] Do not conclude against us ere you hear us."
I actually found the "phrenetic" quote at 0:50, so could you please paste it to the correct spot. And the other 6 lines are still missing

Oh, and the corrected Manly Act 4 is PL ok now. :thumbs:

Thanks Chuck, you're almost done here !

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: January 28th, 2018, 5:24 am
ChuckW wrote:And this should be the end of Manly (unless I royally screwed something up... which is highly likely).
aww you're really being too hard on yourself, Chuck. I loved Manly's final monologue (rather: harangue !) very much :9: You really put your all in it. Super done !

only one note left to correct for Act 5 (some missing lines again, sorry):

> at about 0:29: seven missing lines from bottom p. 343/top 344: "Are you phrenetic, sir ? [....] Do not conclude against us ere you hear us."
I actually found the "phrenetic" quote at 0:50, so could you please paste it to the correct spot. And the other 6 lines are still missing

Oh, and the corrected Manly Act 4 is PL ok now. :thumbs:

Thanks Chuck, you're almost done here !

Sonia
You know, I think I recorded that bit but caught my dog snoring in the background... so naturally, I had planned on re-recording but just forgot. Whoops!

Here's the file with the new line.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilisanass_manly_5.mp3
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:You know, I think I recorded that bit but caught my dog snoring in the background... so naturally, I had planned on re-recording but just forgot. Whoops!
:lol: the perks of having a dog ! Well, the lines are in now and excellently done :thumbs: thanks, Act 5 is PL ok now. You survived Manly and can get tucked into something else now. :mrgreen:

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilisanass_sledge_5.mp3 :23
Sledge uploaded. thanks!
ToddHW wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:01 am
unclejoe wrote: January 16th, 2018, 12:05 am Hi,
I would do Sledge if I may. Thanks!

3 Sledge, a Smith, the Constable, Act 5

joe t.
Thanks.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote: January 30th, 2018, 1:07 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilisanass_sledge_5.mp3 :23
Sledge uploaded. thanks!
thank you Joe :)

:lol: you are excellent here as Sledge, somehow making him sound like some bumbling plodding policeman. Well done. He did not have enough to say in my opinion.

Could you only give us your full voice credit at the beginning, then all is correct:
“Sledge, a Smith, the Constable, read by Joseph Tabler"

thanks

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello everyone! Can I claim keeper 2, please? :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:54 am Hello everyone! Can I claim keeper 2, please? :D
hey Adriana :) Of course you can, I sign you up. And look forward to your performance.

As this is your first participation in a stage play, here are a few directions, which are special for Drama recordings.

> we need a voice credit from you, here you have to say at the beginning of your file: "Keeper 2, read by Adriana Sacciotto". You do not need to read the LV disclaimer for drama.

> between each of your reading "block" please leave at least 2 seconds of silence. The editor will need to cut out each of your speeches and paste them in a master file, so we need to have enough space to cut and fiddle with the file. ;)

> apart from that, just have fun, and don't fear to be as dramatic as possible :thumbs:

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Oh, that was quick and marvelous! :clap:
Thank you again, Sonia! :thumbs:

You (or Pug!) are surely going to inspire me in this first acting of mine.

I promise I'll do my best! :9: :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Now that this project has been bumped to the top, I wonder if I could read Sir Paul Eitherside? It's a small part, short enough that I think I can manage a male-sounding voice for it.
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

:help: One little question: How should I save the file? :?: :?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote: February 11th, 2018, 2:24 pm Now that this project has been bumped to the top, I wonder if I could read Sir Paul Eitherside? It's a small part, short enough that I think I can manage a male-sounding voice for it.
of course, Beth, thanks for joining in :D I'll sign you up while Todd is roaming free somewhere...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 11th, 2018, 2:48 pm :help: One little question: How should I save the file? :?: :?
oh sorry for not mentioning it. All the important details are always in the first post. The filenaming in this project is: devilisanass_[role]_[#].mp3
so for you it would be devilisanass_keeper2_5.mp3

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Well, here am I with my first recording of drama! :clap:

Thank you, Sonia, for the always kind support! You have been brilliant!
If it is not what you need, please do not hesitate to tell me.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/devilisanass_keeper2_5.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 11th, 2018, 3:42 pmWell, here am I with my first recording of drama! :clap:
Thank you, Sonia, for the always kind support! You have been brilliant!
If it is not what you need, please do not hesitate to tell me.
I can only say WOW ! So this is what you sound like in English :clap: absolutely perfect for your first drama. You intonate perfectly and you're really creating a character. I love that he is so astonished and a bit angry as well. This is exactly what we need. I am only sorry the scene is so short :lol:

This one is PL ok, and I look forward to your next contributions. I have a feeling, your roles will become longer soon ;)

Thank you for helping out, Adriana !

Sonia