LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 19th, 2017, 9:55 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 6 of 7  [ 97 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: July 3rd, 2017, 6:42 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7808
ToddHW wrote:
Updated Theobald Acts 1 and 4 uploaded.
Thanks, Todd


:thumbs: YES !!! Both Sections PL ok now.

You were being high dramatic in this monologue. Especially near the end when he is so outraged, I love big feelings !!!!
(I was almost expecting you to "beat your head distractedly" but I guess that would not be too healthy :mrgreen: )

So I guess by now all your neighbours are up and running. :lol:

Thanks for this great performance

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 6th, 2017, 4:48 pm 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2224
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
I love your performance, Todd. Very nicely done. :-)

And thanks Sonia!

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 15th, 2017, 5:18 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Posts: 14236
Sorry for the delay... Finally, here is Orra:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_1_orra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_2_orra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_3_orra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_4_orra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_5_orra.mp3

_________________
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 15th, 2017, 10:12 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7808
thank you Ava ! Wow, a huge feat you have performed here. 8-) I was listening to all this with a slight fever, so I hope I have not missed anything. But the mood I was in somehow enhanced my listening experience to Orra's descent into madness, so maybe it was a good thing I listened to it now.

An overall comment I will make in the MW is that the volume is definitely not loud enough (only about 83-86 dB mostly) But Chuck can take care of that in the editing process. We need Orra to sound loud ! Wouldn't do that her voice got lost in the others' comments.

Act 1: PL ok
I mentioned it before and I have to say it again, that I love your laughs in the plays. Wish I could do them like that

Act 2:
special highlight for me in this scene is the excitement in your voice when you want to hear the horrid ghost story :thumbs:

> at 9:44: (p. 36 bottom) "And let my dull hours by the dead man's watch be told" - you say "be the dead man's watch", which makes the sentence sound strange

Act 3:
my compliments: the inner confllict between the fear of the supernatural and the reluctance at waking Rudigere is excellently played out in this scene

> at 2:46: (p. 50 middle): "To make my thraldom sure?" - I think I hear "theldram" here, but the correct word is "thral-dom" (like "en-thrall" and "king-dom")

Act 4:
> at 6:44: (p. 72 middle): "He will be here to free me from this thraldom" - same problem here with "theldram" (unless my ears are mistaking me, the volume is a bit low) :?

Act 5: PL ok
kudos ! you can play a very convincing mad-woman :thumbs: I love your dramatic acting in this scene. Especially the final speech is an excellent ending to it all. Quite recently I watched the series Penny Dreadful and this reminds me of some scenes in the lunatic asylum with Eva Green. :9:

> at about 0:03: (p. 90 top): "(A shriek heard from the cave) - this is optional, but maybe you want to give us a shriek ? I think it would be cool to have first the stage directions read out, and then the shriek following (at the least the audience will be warned) :mrgreen:

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 16th, 2017, 8:07 pm 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2224
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
Really lovely recording, Availle. Thank you so much! :thumbs:

By the way, not that anyone's noticed... but I switched roles. I'll be reading the narrator now, since (a) it's the largest remaining role and (b) we seemed to have slowed down tremendously since the first initial burst... so we're probably in it for the long haul.

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 10:20 am 

Joined: June 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm
Posts: 95
I would like to claim "1st Outlaw/Outlaw, Act III", if I may. As brave and saucy a henchman as ever I did see.

~~Owen


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 12:43 pm 

Joined: June 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm
Posts: 95
OwenCook wrote:
I would like to claim "1st Outlaw/Outlaw, Act III", if I may. As brave and saucy a henchman as ever I did see.

~~Owen


I hope it's not too presumptuous for me to assume the part was mine... Here is 1st Outlaw:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_1stoutlaw_3.mp3 [1.09 KB]

Studies in courage, I'm telling ye!

All the best,
~~Owen


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 11:56 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7808
OwenCook wrote:
I hope it's not too presumptuous for me to assume the part was mine... Here is 1st Outlaw:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_1stoutlaw_3.mp3 [1.09 KB]
Studies in courage, I'm telling ye!
All the best,
~~Owen

thanks for joining Owen !!! Do you have any previous history in outlawing ? :shock: You play this character very life-like, I would not want to meet you in a dark forest. :help: The scene at the end where he jumps on Theobald is quite intense, especially the "have at you" and "let's dispatch him". I only wonder why this outlaw has not become the captain of the band with this attitude LOL

1st Outlaw PL ok without any doubt :thumbs:

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 24th, 2017, 6:35 am 

Joined: June 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm
Posts: 95
Kitty wrote:
thanks for joining Owen !!! Do you have any previous history in outlawing ? :shock: You play this character very life-like, I would not want to meet you in a dark forest. :help: The scene at the end where he jumps on Theobald is quite intense, especially the "have at you" and "let's dispatch him". I only wonder why this outlaw has not become the captain of the band with this attitude LOL

1st Outlaw PL ok without any doubt :thumbs:

Sonia


Oh, thank you so much! :D You're too kind. I'm pretty sure the way they do it in this band of outlaws is that whoever has the best singing voice gets to be captain...


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 26th, 2017, 5:44 pm 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2224
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
OwenCook wrote:
Kitty wrote:
thanks for joining Owen !!! Do you have any previous history in outlawing ? :shock: You play this character very life-like, I would not want to meet you in a dark forest. :help: The scene at the end where he jumps on Theobald is quite intense, especially the "have at you" and "let's dispatch him". I only wonder why this outlaw has not become the captain of the band with this attitude LOL

1st Outlaw PL ok without any doubt :thumbs:

Sonia


Oh, thank you so much! :D You're too kind. I'm pretty sure the way they do it in this band of outlaws is that whoever has the best singing voice gets to be captain...


Thanks Owen! I appreciate the help and quick turnaround time! (And sorry for the lateness of this response -- I've got an insane teaching load this semester and am currently buried in student essays!)

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 27th, 2017, 6:18 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Posts: 14236
Here are the corrected files for Orra:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_2_orra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_3_orra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_4_orra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_5_orra.mp3

I did include a shriek at the very beginning of act 5, but I'm afraid I'm better at laughing than at shrieking. Besides, it's not a good idea to start shrieking in the middle of the night - my poor neighbors...

_________________
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 28th, 2017, 2:17 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7808
Availle wrote:
Here are the corrected files for Orra:

thanks Ava, all of Orra is PL ok now. Super nice edits, all of them :thumbs:

Quote:
I did include a shriek at the very beginning of act 5, but I'm afraid I'm better at laughing than at shrieking. Besides, it's not a good idea to start shrieking in the middle of the night - my poor neighbors...

LOL indeed :lol: not that somebody would call the police ;) Well, we'll see what Chuck thinks, at least we have something to include, if he wishes to.

thanks !

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 21st, 2017, 6:41 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm
Posts: 3695
I would like to volunteer for the 2nd Outlaw (sections 11 and 12) as well as Soldier (section 18).

David O


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 22nd, 2017, 8:06 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am
Posts: 7808
dlolso21 wrote:
I would like to volunteer for the 2nd Outlaw (sections 11 and 12) as well as Soldier (section 18).
David O

hey David ! As Chuck seems to be off the radar for the moment, I'll put you in the MW. Thanks for claiming :9: It's interesting you would play the outlaw and the soldier...what will you do ? Arrest yourself ? :mrgreen:

Sonia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 3:47 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm
Posts: 3695
Kitty wrote:
hey David ! As Chuck seems to be off the radar for the moment, I'll put you in the MW. Thanks for claiming :9: It's interesting you would play the outlaw and the soldier...what will you do ? Arrest yourself ? :mrgreen:
Sonia

Sonia,

I just have to be careful not to confuse my day job with my night job. Here are the files.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_2ndoutlaw_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_2ndoutlaw_4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_soldier_5.mp3

David O


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group