COMPLETE[PLAY] Orra: A Tragedy by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Chuck:

May I claim the outstanding role (Hartman)?

Many thanks,

Philip

(Glad to see another Joanna Baillie fan in librivox).
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: January 30th, 2018, 12:31 pm May I claim the outstanding role (Hartman)?
:9: can it be possible we are finally fully claimed ? Thank you Philip ! Chuck will do a somersault backwards when he sees this :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Would that be a tluasremos?

Some strange mountain creature in the valley near the castle moat perhaps....

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: January 30th, 2018, 12:37 pm
DrPGould wrote: January 30th, 2018, 12:31 pm May I claim the outstanding role (Hartman)?
:9: can it be possible we are finally fully claimed ? Thank you Philip ! Chuck will do a somersault backwards when he sees this :lol:

Sonia
*does a backwards somersault*

Thanks Philip! I'm so glad we finally fleshed out the cast! So, so great! :-)

And I'm happy to see someone else is excited about doing more Baillie plays. After this one is finished, I think I'm probably going to launch either The Dream or De Monfort. I've also got my eye on Witchcraft, but I honestly haven't read it yet.

Anyway, happy to see we're nearing the end of this project.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Would that be a tluasremos?
Some strange mountain creature in the valley near the castle moat perhaps....
:lol: ok, ok I got it, I had the word wrong. Sorry, I didn't think that there was a difference between a backwards somersault and a somersault backwards :oops: (I could play the non-native card once again as excuse...)

But at least it gave us all a good laugh :mrgreen:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

You realise of course, Todd and Sonia, that you’ve really got a George Burns and Gracie Allen thing going these days.

Champagne comedy!

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 31st, 2018, 12:59 am You realise of course, Todd and Sonia, that you’ve really got a George Burns and Gracie Allen thing going these days.
Champagne comedy!
since I don't know those guys I don't know how I should feel about this comment now :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote:Here is Hartman (Durations 1: 2:34; 2: 1;13; 5: 4:01)
excellent job, Philip :thumbs: Hartman strikes me as a really upstanding and steady friend in need. You play him with a sort of melancholy and voice of reason somehow, but still he does what needs to be done. Great characterization.

Acts 1 & 2 are already PL ok. Although you missed to say "read by Philip Gould" in the voice credits in Act 1, but I'll make a note for Chuck, in Act 2 you said it correctly.

Here are a couple of notes for Act 5 though:

> at about 0:23: (p. 86 bottom) missing lines, spoken to Eleonora “Countess, your presence much emboldens me to think it so shall be.

> at 1:35: (p. 87 bottom): could you leave a bit more space to make it easier to insert the stage direction [turning again to Hughobert] here ?

thank you for joining the play :9:

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Here is the corrected Hartman from Act 5.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_hartman_5.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: January 31st, 2018, 10:11 am Here is the corrected Hartman from Act 5.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_hartman_5.mp3
thank you, all perfectly PL ok now :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 31st, 2018, 1:01 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 31st, 2018, 12:59 am You realise of course, Todd and Sonia, that you’ve really got a George Burns and Gracie Allen thing going these days.
Champagne comedy!
since I don't know those guys I don't know how I should feel about this comment now :lol:

Sonia
You should feel honored - if you are George. Gracie was, well, a bit addle-headed would be kind... They were a comedy team long before Carry On ever appeared on the scene. In fact, I have only ever seen them in reruns myself so that tells you how long ago they were! (They just miss having some of their earliest stuff PD.)

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

The Burns and Allen radio shows are to be found in many places on the internet and in archive.org.

Gracie ran for President of the United States in 1940: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/georgegracie.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/gracie-for-president-1940/amp/

“When Ken Murray on The Texaco Star Theatre asked with which party Gracie was affiliated, she heartily retorted, “I may take a drink now and then, but I never get affiliated.””
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 31st, 2018, 4:37 pmYou should feel honored - if you are George. Gracie was, well, a bit addle-headed would be kind...
:shock: after having listened to Chris's example, I refuse to be compared to Gracie :evil: Can't even listen to her for two minutes. *shudders*
I need to rethink my image here :help:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“I need to rethink my image here.”

The recent throttling of poor Joe Lebanon wasn’t enough, Killer Kitty? :lol:

I don’t know where you go from there, as far as “bringing the pain” to my characters goes.

Though I have a horrible suspicion that Todd is even now riffling through his plays collection, looking for an instance of a pirate-queen making someone who displeased her walk the plank into a shark-infested ocean.

Thank goodness Xena, Warrior Princess isn’t PD yet.

Chris