COMPLETE[PLAY] Orra: A Tragedy by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

ChuckW wrote:
Thanks for the files, Nemo! I don't think your character reappears in Act IV, but I'll double-check to make sure. I've been known to be wrong before. I can't wait to hear your rendition of the outlaw's song. :-)
Not in Act IV?? .... shite, I read all those lines for nothing! .... that will teach me to have all of those flaggons of drink around the fire! :D

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

NemoR wrote:[quote="ChuckW"

Thanks for the files, Nemo! I don't think your character reappears in Act IV, but I'll double-check to make sure. I've been known to be wrong before. I can't wait to hear your rendition of the outlaw's song. :-)
Not in Act IV?? .... shite, I read all those lines for nothing! .... that will teach me to have all of those flaggons of drink around the fire! :D

Nemo[/quote]

Crud, I meant Act V. Sorry, typing this while hanging out with my kid.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Alright, Nemo... my apologies. I was wrong. Franko has a few more lines in Act V. Not many, but a few. Would you mind recording those too, when you get a chance?

Sorry for not catching that earlier. :-/
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

ChuckW wrote:Alright, Nemo... my apologies. I was wrong. Franko has a few more lines in Act V. Not many, but a few. Would you mind recording those too, when you get a chance?

Sorry for not catching that earlier. :-/
No worries mate!

I just took a look ... two lines in Scene II and an Omnes is what I see?

Will record these tonight and send off.

Enjoy your kiddo time!

Nemo
Nemo

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Okay, I have recorded (but not edited) with "ROOD-i-grrr" and the German "Tee-o-bal(d/t)". But if the consensus rolls differently I will re-record those parts.
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh Leanne, Alice is such a soft and tender lady in waiting :9: I really like your empathy in these scenes. Well done, also no errors. :thumbs:

First two files PL ok :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Nemo, for all your files. I love the singsongy drinking song :thumbs: I was wondering whether we could try for all the outlaws joining maybe the chorus, but it depends how that would sound in the end :hmm:

In the 5th act I really liked the more humble voice you're doing, while explaining that you and your men were really driven to this life by necessity. Nice input of feeling there. :thumbs:

Acts 4 and 5 are already PL ok

In Act 3 there is a small error:

> at 5:02: "What is the aid thou comest here to ask ?" - you say "earnest", which does not really make sense

The rest is fine

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote:

> at 5:02: "What is the aid thou comest here to ask ?" - you say "earnest", which does not really make sense

The rest is fine

Sonia
Thanks Sonia!

Ahhh, the great thing about converting the scanned original into a workable doc, it always messes up words. In my converted doc the word is "earnest", but I see the original is "camest".

I had found some others and fixed ... the oddest one was the word "den" which was converted to the word "deity"!

Will fix this shortly and upload for spot check.

Nemo
Nemo

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Sonia,

Franko, Act 3, back up for spot check PL

Nemo
Nemo

bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Woohoo! Thank you so much, everyone! We're making such tremendous progress! At this rate, I'll be launching the next Baillie play before you know it. :-P
Thanks... and please don't worry too much about the pronunciation. It's common enough and nothing really to shvitz about, in the grand scheme of things. I did put your pronunciation suggestions in the MW, however.
NemoR wrote:
Kitty wrote:

The rest is fine

Sonia
Thanks Sonia!

Ahhh, the great thing about converting the scanned original into a workable doc, it always messes up words. In my converted doc the word is "earnest", but I see the original is "camest".

I had found some others and fixed ... the oddest one was the word "den" which was converted to the word "deity"!

Will fix this shortly and upload for spot check.

Nemo
I didn't even know you could do that!

Thanks for helping us out, Nemo... especially with the last-ditch correction on my part.
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:Sonia,
Franko, Act 3, back up for spot check PL
Nemo
thank you Nemo, totally PL ok now :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh Eva, I adore Eleanora :9: :clap: you portray her as such a kind-hearted and caring woman and you soft-spoken voice really fits this part. Also the little sighs and such really enhance the drama. Well done :thumbs:

No errors found, all the lines seem to be in.

Only one line puzzled me in Act 5, right at the beginning:

> at 0:05. But why so hasty - I have checked the beginning of act 5 THREE times now and I don't see this line. Can you tell me the exact page please ? :hmm: I wonder why I don't see it LOL

Acts 1 and 2 PL ok now, and I'll just wait for confirmation on Act 5 to mark this one PL ok as well.

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Kitty wrote:
oh Eva, I adore Eleanora :9: :clap: you portray her as such a kind-hearted and caring woman and you soft-spoken voice really fits this part. Also the little sighs and such really enhance the drama. Well done :thumbs:

No errors found, all the lines seem to be in.

Only one line puzzled me in Act 5, right at the beginning:

> at 0:05. But why so hasty - I have checked the beginning of act 5 THREE times now and I don't see this line. Can you tell me the exact page please ? :hmm: I wonder why I don't see it LOL

Acts 1 and 2 PL ok now, and I'll just wait for confirmation on Act 5 to mark this one PL ok as well.

Sonia
No, I have messed something up here, sorry. I think "why so hasty" is supposed to be in Act II and definitely not in Act 5. :oops: I'll look through both and see if I dropped it out of one and added it to another.

Thank you Sonia :9:
Eva D