[COMPLETE][DR-Sketches] Peeps at People by John Kendrick Bangs - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Foon. I've put you in for PL. It's those little roles that usually hold up a project so I really appreciate you clearing up two of them. :D
Foon

Post by Foon »

linny wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 4:59 am Thank you, Foon. I've put you in for PL. It's those little roles that usually hold up a project so I really appreciate you clearing up two of them. :D
Aw :D That's exactly why I like taking them. Glad I could help!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
linny

Post by linny »

I began prepping to edit chapter 7 to discover that the file for Sir Henry is only a voice credit. I'll PM Sanjay and see if he has his file. Strangely I don't see him anywhere in the project thread. :hmm: He doesn't show as active since Aug of 2017.
linny

Post by linny »

:help: :help:
Sonia,
I'm not positive, but I think I have a problem here. I need to clarify a LV rule. Is it true that no recording will be used in multiple projects? For instance if a recording was done for a regular group project then that reading couldn't be used to cut a role from and then used in this project. True?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 9:40 am :help: :help:
Sonia,
I'm not positive, but I think I have a problem here. I need to clarify a LV rule. Is it true that no recording will be used in multiple projects? For instance if a recording was done for a regular group project then that reading couldn't be used to cut a role from and then used in this project. True?
as far as I understand the rule, yes, that's correct. The reader would have to do a new recording if they wanted to play the same role twice in two different projects. I personally encountered this already. I played the same role in Midsummer Night's Dream in the play proper and in excerpts from Shakespeare, and I recorded two different versions. It wasn't easy to forget about my "first variant", that's why I prefer not to do the same character twice anymore :lol:

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Foon:

Sections 5 & 23 are PL-OK! Nicely done.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you Sonia. I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Thank you Philip.
linny

Post by linny »

OK, MW updated...again. Completed chapters are no longer complete and I'm heading back over to color-code those sections so I can be sure of the needed characters. I'll post again when I finish getting everything back in order. In the meantime we have more roles available if anyone is interested. :)
linny

Post by linny »

Ok, so the script has a new link because for some reason it was on my husband's account and not mine or something like that. Googledoc and I don't exactly understand one another. All sections of the script should be color coded now and the MW updated. Once again we are set to go. :thumbs:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Hmm--I had posted this previously but somehow it didn't get here.

Kristin:
Chapter 9: there are two small corrections

At 2:35 the word "nervously" is omitted from the phrase "Said he, nervously, lighting a jinnrikisha"
At 8:07 the consonants t and w in mullagatawny are transposed (mullagawatny).

Other than that, you did your usual beautiful job!

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Philip.

It’s been so long, I’ll pm Kristin in case she isn’t following the thread any longer.
Foon

Post by Foon »

May I claim 18, miss Phipps-Phipps?

Readers needed:
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

DrPGould wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 11:53 am Hmm--I had posted this previously but somehow it didn't get here.

Kristin:
Chapter 9: there are two small corrections

At 2:35 the word "nervously" is omitted from the phrase "Said he, nervously, lighting a jinnrikisha"
At 8:07 the consonants t and w in mullagatawny are transposed (mullagawatny).

Other than that, you did your usual beautiful job!

Many thanks,

Philip
Here's the fix.

Just as a note, Chapter 9 had already gone through PL, and I corrected what was noted on pg 2 (which didn't include either of these corrections). It really only needed spot PL, but it's all good.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/peepsatpeopleDR_Ann_09.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Kristin. I didnt see it on page 2 and it was never updated in the MW past “see pl notes”. Sorry for the extra work. I appreciate it.