[COMPLETE][DR-Sketches] Peeps at People by John Kendrick Bangs - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Peeps at People Being Certain Papers from the Writings of Anne Warrington Witherup by John Kendrick Bangs (1862 - 1922).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/peeps-at-people-being-certain-papers-from-the-writings-of-anne-warrington-witherup-dramatic-reading-by-john-kendrick-bangs/
A collection of short sketches of an American author touring the world interviewing famous (eccentric, crazy, humorous, adorable) characters. This was an abandoned DR. Please help get it finished up. (To be replaced prior to cataloging)
Editor - linny
DPL - DrPGould and NemoR
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here All parts are gender neutral.
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/39945
    There is also a gooledoc in script form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4ZOaKStjhTK_NcG88WceMWfG36I3lhMxLe0quIOIpA/edit?usp=sharing
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per chapter.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:

[Role], read by [your name].

For the role of Anne Warrington Witherup you will include the standard intro for each chapter - namely "Chapter [#] of John Kendrick Bangs , by Peeps at People Being Certain Papers from the Writings of Anne Warrington Witherup . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org. Chapter [#] [Interviewee]"

At the end: End of Chapter [#].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3
    peepsatpeopledr_[role]_[chapter ##].mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the chapter number.

Final edited sections to be titled peepsatpeople_[chapter ##]_bangs_128kb

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below
Last edited by linny on December 29th, 2018, 6:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up.

Here is the character list from the post. It was in a part that is deleted, so I've copy/pasted it here:
Characters:
ANNE WARRINGTON WITHERUP - lady journalist from US traveling in Europe. Appears in all chapters as interviewing the others
Nansen
Mr. Hall Caine
- Hackman
Emperor William
Mr. Alfred Austin
Miss Phipps-Phipps (Andrew Lang)
Zola
- French gendarmme
Sir Henry Irving
- Property man
Ian Maclaren
- young woman
Rudyard Kipling
Édouard De Reszkes (m)
Jean De Reszkes (m)
- old Polander
Henryk Sienkiewicz
- salesman
- maid
General Weyler
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you ;)
MW updated ...

Kim
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Readers Wanted...
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Hi Kim:
In the Maclaren chapter there are some telegrams sent between Maclaren and Witherup. As I am reading Maclaren, I assume you want me to read the content of the telegrams sent from him. Yes?
I also assume that the Witherup reader is also the narrator since this book is written in the first person.

Tom
Tom Penn
carteki

Post by carteki »

Yes please.
Thanks Tom.
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Here is my 'role' recording you requested for Miss Phipps Phipps

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/peepsatpeopleDR_MissPhippsPhipps_[chapter_05].mp3
time 0:6.87
DianaS

Post by carteki »

DianaS wrote:Here is my 'role' recording you requested for Miss Phipps Phipps

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/peepsatpeopleDR_MissPhippsPhipps_[chapter_05].mp3
time 0:6.87
Thank you.
Kim
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read Ann?
carteki

Post by carteki »

MrsHand wrote:May I read Ann?
With pleasure!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I've been reading through the text to get an idea of what I'm reading and found some speaking characters in some chapters that don't have a line in the MW. Since the hackman in chapter 2 is listed, I'm assuming you may want these other parts listed as well.

Nansen - publisher & train ticket agent
Emperor William - Grand High Chamberlain
Andrew Lang - the Forelady (who i think is different from Miss Phipps-Phipps)
Henryk Sienkiewicz - The De Reszkes of the prior chapter send Ann a telegraph

My apologies if I have overstepped anywhere.
carteki

Post by carteki »

Not at all... I appreciate the help! (and I knew that I'd missed some in my reading of the text.)

I'll update the MW shortly (we have a power outage right now).

Kim
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Just to note, Miss Phipps-Phipps is the forelady, so that one was wrong on my part. :)
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you. Ch1 & 2 are PL OK so far.
Please can you put in a role credit for each chapter as I'm doing the cast list by chapter. Not to worry if you haven't done so.
Also please can you try to get your volume as close to 89db as possible. With a DR it is important that all the parts are at the same volume.
Anon
Kim