COMPLETE [DR] Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnn,

As usual, would you work your MW magic so that the sections start at 0? Also, could you go over to Listeners & Editors Wanted and make the DPL and editor posts for this project sticky, so they'll stay near the top of the page?
jgbresson

Post by jgbresson »

Since you asked so kindly I'd be happy to take Dolly Pettingill. I've yet to even look at any of the dramatic readings before, so is there anything I should know?
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

*Gasp!* Thank you!! :mrgreen:

Sure, here's the lowdown :wink: :

To find your lines, just look at the "Dolly Pettingill" section in the Magic Window (--it's #18). That's where you'll find a list of all the chapters he has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find all of Dolly's lines for that chapter (--colored in dark purple). Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Dolly Pettingill, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included in your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have ANY questions, feel free to ask! :)
jgbresson

Post by jgbresson »

Twinkle88 wrote:*Gasp!* Thank you!! :mrgreen:

Sure, here's the lowdown :wink: :

To find your lines, just look at the "Dolly Pettingill" section in the Magic Window (--it's #18). That's where you'll find a list of all the chapters he has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find all of Dolly's lines for that chapter (--colored in dark purple). Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Dolly Pettingill, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included in your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have ANY questions, feel free to ask! :)
I'd like my catalog name to be my real name - "Justin Bresson". For my personal website you can put down jgbresson.com, I don't have anything tthere yet, but might as well. Thanks!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Great! :mrgreen: Will do!

Thank you! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

tleroux90 has claimed Stuffy Cole, Blair, and the German Student (thank you!!).
kianeg

Post by kianeg »

Hi, I'd like to claim Lady Abercrombie.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Wonderful!! :mrgreen: Thanks, Diane! :)
mflsr

Post by mflsr »

I am very new to all of this but would like to participate. No singing parts (for your sake
Maybe a small role to see if my reading is acceptable ? Would definitely like constructive criticism.
As far as character rolls; #41, 42 44 ?
Please advise.

Morris aka mflsr
DrewJ

Post by DrewJ »

I think I've got several years yet to go before I 'qualify' as an older voice.
That being said, may I claim the Chaplain (sec.42)?

Must be fate, I decided today to stop by the forums and see if there was something I felt like I could contribute to. Your message had wonderful timing. :D
When the hurlyburly's done,
When the battle's lost and won. -Second Witch
Read some poetry?
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

mflsr wrote:I am very new to all of this but would like to participate. No singing parts (for your sake
Maybe a small role to see if my reading is acceptable ? Would definitely like constructive criticism.
As far as character rolls; #41, 42 44 ?
Please advise.

Morris aka mflsr
Hi, Morris! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Sorry -- I should have said something about this earlier, but since Sharper, Chaplain, and the Warden are all appear Chapter 12, would you please choose only one of them to read for? (You can choose as many characters as you want as long as they are not in overlapping chapters.) Haha, you lucked out, though -- none of these characters sing! :wink:

Just let me know which one you'd like to read for, and I'll sign you up!

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Sharper, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included in your catalog page, just let me know. :)

EDIT: Well, I've been going back and forth over what to do, but I think I'm going to go ahead and let DrewJ read for the Chaplain. Therefore, you'll can choose between Sharper and the Warden (and/or another character entirely!) Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Someone else has asked to read for the Warden. In that case, the only character left that you were interested in reading for is the Sharper. I'll go ahead and sign you up for him.

To find your lines, just look at the "Sharper" section in the Magic Window (--it's #41). That's where you'll find a list of all the chapters he has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find his line for that chapter. Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.
Last edited by Twinkle88 on March 27th, 2017, 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

DrewJ wrote:I think I've got several years yet to go before I 'qualify' as an older voice.
That being said, may I claim the Chaplain (sec.42)?

Must be fate, I decided today to stop by the forums and see if there was something I felt like I could contribute to. Your message had wonderful timing. :D
Haha, that's great!! :wink:

Yes, I would love for you to read for the Chaplain! Thank you SO much! :D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Twinkle88 wrote:MaryAnn,

As usual, would you work your MW magic so that the sections start at 0? Also, could you go over to Listeners & Editors Wanted and make the DPL and editor posts for this project sticky, so they'll stay near the top of the page?
Done.

The sections should renumber to 0 as soon as you click and drag a section to a new location.
MaryAnn
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you! :)
cheesinglee

Post by cheesinglee »

Hi, I can take a shot at 44 Warden.