COMPLETE [DR] Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Awesome!! :mrgreen: That would be great -- thank you so much! :D

To find your lines, look in the "Captain Hardy" section, for example. There you'll find a list of all the chapters he has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find all his lines for that chapter. Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Captain Hardy, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have ANY questions, feel free to ask! :)
jpaul16

Post by jpaul16 »

Hello!

May I please Claim Mr March?

Jayson
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

That would be great, Jayson!! :mrgreen: Thank you! :D

To find your lines, look in the "Mr. March" section, for example. There you'll find a list of all the chapters he has lines in. Then, scroll way down in the Magic Window to find the pertaining chapters, and click on the "Chapter Text" link. There you can find all his lines for that chapter. Please leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines to make it easier for the final edit, and submit one audio file per chapter.

And if you have ANY questions, feel free to ask! :)
minerva1217

Post by minerva1217 »

Hello! Thanks for bringing this project to my attention -- I'm looking forward to working on it! I'd like to have some fun with different voices, especially since my characters will be short lines. Could I volunteer for:

Marmee, Ch 2
Mrs. Parmalee, Ch 3
Miss Burton, Ch 5
Maria, Ch 14
Nelly, Ch 17
Stout Lady, Ch 19

Let me know if that's too many. Otherwise, I'll work on them straightaway! When uploading and providing links, do you want all recordings in one post on this forum, or separate posts for each link?

Also, even though I'm brand new, I've just volunteered on another project and have a catalog link under Rachel Lundstrom. Do you need the link or can you just look me up?

Thanks for all your hard work on putting this together -- very impressive! :thumbs:
Best,
Rachel
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Narrator, Chapter 22 is PL OK! :thumbs:
It's perfect -- I love it! :clap: And it's so neat to hear these words I've read over and over begin to come to life in an audiobook!! Thanks, Christine! :D
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

minerva1217 wrote:Let me know if that's too many. Otherwise, I'll work on them straightaway!
No, this is awesome!! :D Thanks SO much! :clap: Please go ahead. :wink:
When uploading and providing links, do you want all recordings in one post on this forum, or separate posts for each link?
Either way is fine, really. But it would be simplest to just put it all in one post. :)
Also, even though I'm brand new, I've just volunteered on another project and have a catalog link under Rachel Lundstrom. Do you need the link or can you just look me up?
I can just look you up -- thanks for letting me know! :)
Thanks for all your hard work on putting this together -- very impressive! :thumbs:
Best,
Rachel
Aw, thanks! :9: I'm so excited for this project! Thanks for your claims, Rachel! :)
mflsr

Post by mflsr »

Re: Jo's Boys,

I'm posting my reading for Sharper Chapter 12.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_12_sharper.mp3

Morris
mflsr

Post by mflsr »

Jo's Boys,

I'm posting another reading for Sharper Chapter 12 for you consideration. I couldn't help myself.

0.14 KB Clear
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_12_sharper_test02.mp3

Regards,
Morris
bradsbreezy

Post by bradsbreezy »

May I read the part of Oldest Parmalee Daughter ; section 31 ; chapter 3 ?

b.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

mflsr wrote:Re: Jo's Boys,

I'm posting my reading for Sharper Chapter 12.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_12_sharper.mp3

Morris
You nailed it!! :clap: This is PL OK! :thumbs:
Thank you so much, Morris! :D (We've also got the Surgeon and Herr Bergmann left if you've like to read either -- or both -- of them.)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

mflsr wrote:Jo's Boys,

I'm posting another reading for Sharper Chapter 12 for you consideration. I couldn't help myself.

0.14 KB Clear
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/josboys_12_sharper_test02.mp3

Regards,
Morris
Oh, wow -- nice editing!! I figure we'll probably just go along with the single line version, but I appreciate your sending this in, too! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

bradsbreezy wrote:May I read the part of Oldest Parmalee Daughter ; section 31 ; chapter 3 ?

b.
That would be awesome!! :D Thanks so much!!

If you have ANY questions, please ask! :)
bradsbreezy

Post by bradsbreezy »

Oh, oh! Could I also read; Sally section; 49; chapter 17 please?

b.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

That would be great! :D Thanks, I'll sign you up!
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Twinkle88 wrote:Narrator, Chapter 22 is PL OK! :thumbs:
It's perfect -- I love it! :clap: And it's so neat to hear these words I've read over and over begin to come to life in an audiobook!! Thanks, Christine! :D
Aw, thanks!! Yeah, this is just about my favorite Louisa book - although "An Old Fashioned Girl" is right up there too. Hmm ... maybe a later project?? ;-)