Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Acts 4 and 5 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_osmond_4.mp3

Length is 13:48

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_osmond_5.mp3

Length is 8:38

I know that no soul will shed a tear at the death of Osmond, but I will miss him in my own way......

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:I know that no soul will shed a tear at the death of Osmond, but I will miss him in my own way......
I can so believe that you will miss him. I feel the same with each major role I spend my time with. :9:

Osmond is like a split-personality almost. When speaking about Angela, he genuinely seems in love with her, as if she was his nemesis, his weak spot. But still when he speaks to her, and knows he will never be loved back, he becomes very cruel and spiteful. That makes him the tragic villain if ever there was one.

Oh and I bet you knew I would mention this: I looooooooove the final death groan :thumbs: Nothing beats a good dramatic dying scene on stage. Actually in my very first role for LV I also died pierced by a dagger. But contrary to you, I did not deserve it, I was not the villain, but the villain's wife whom he wanted to get rid of.

Both Acts are perfectly enacted, I especially liked the beginning where he is totally torn up by his horrible dream. I bet you really enjoyed that lengthy monologue. It sounds like you were really into it.

Still, before they can be marked PL ok, I found a few errors this time:

Act 4:

> at 5:49: "and bare assertions will not be believed" (p. 68): you say "assertations", I'm not sure if there is a big difference, might be trivial. Let's wait for what Tomas thinks

Act 5:

> at 0:52: "rung with my brother's groans" (p. 86): you said "rang" which technically is wrong grammatically, but might be trivial too. You can decide if you think it's important to correct

> at 1:43: missing part of sentence (p. 87): "At tournaments, 'twas on Reginald that each eye was bent; at Court, 'twas to Reginals that each noble proffered friendship."

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote:
Still, before they can be marked PL ok, I found a few errors this time:

Act 4:

> at 5:49: "and bare assertions will not be believed" (p. 68): you say "assertations", I'm not sure if there is a big difference, might be trivial. Let's wait for what Tomas thinks

---- OK, let me know if you want this fixed.

Act 5:

> at 0:52: "rung with my brother's groans" (p. 86): you said "rang" which technically is wrong grammatically, but might be trivial too. You can decide if you think it's important to correct

> at 1:43: missing part of sentence (p. 87): "At tournaments, 'twas on Reginald that each eye was bent; at Court, 'twas to Reginals that each noble proffered friendship."

----- I read from the Google docs for these. Both of the things mentioned above "rang" and the "At tournamnets" line are read exactly as they appear in the Google doc. Should I be reading from elsewhere?

Sonia
Thanks,

Nemo
Nemo

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:----- I read from the Google docs for these. Both of the things mentioned above "rang" and the "At tournamnets" line are read exactly as they appear in the Google doc. Should I be reading from elsewhere?
oh, no it was ok to read from the google docs. In this case though, there was a transcription error then. Because I am checking with the official archive text, which is PD and there I saw the errors. So it wasn't your fault (but Tomas' who prepared the google docs :mrgreen: )

Sorry

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Well, I think it's perfect with reverb. :mrgreen: I hope Kalynda is OK if we use it.
I just heard back from Kalynda and she is totally ok with us using the reverb line :9: So I'll be changing the link in the MW, so Todd can use that one.

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Sonia,

I went ahead and made all the fixes you suggested :)

ready for spot PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_osmond_4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_osmond_5.mp3

Time on act 4 is now 8:42 = act 5 is still at 13:41

Thanks,

Nemo
Nemo

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:I went ahead and made all the fixes you suggested :)
excellently edited, wouldn't hear a difference in tone :thumbs:

Osmond all PL ok now, yay.

(that means I need to don my "agent-cap" again, doesn't it ? ;) )

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:So it wasn't your fault (but Tomas' who prepared the google docs :mrgreen: )
Or rather Gutenberg Australia's, since that was the site I copied and pasted from. :wink: Fortunately, though, there hadn't been any issues until now, and even so, these ones are relatively minor. I hope, if any more crop up, they are also very small.

A bunch of roles still left to claim! Even if you can't commit to a larger one (and there aren't many left anyway), we have a few small one or two-liners in Act 5. Would only take a few minutes to record and upload at most, and then you can be a part of a fun little play without any stress or hassle. Would be a great help to me, since all the major roles have already been recorded...
Tomas Peter
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

WiltedScribe wrote: A bunch of roles still left to claim! Even if you can't commit to a larger one (and there aren't many left anyway), we have a few small one or two-liners in Act 5. Would only take a few minutes to record and upload at most, and then you can be a part of a fun little play without any stress or hassle. Would be a great help to me, since all the major roles have already been recorded...
It's not act 5, but could I take this oneliner?

12 Edric, Act 3 Gender neutral. Open
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

bluechien wrote:

Yes, you may! :) It's not technically a one-liner, but it can still be recorded fairly quickly. Thank you for helping out! :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

WiltedScribe wrote:
bluechien wrote:

Yes, you may! :) It's not technically a one-liner, but it can still be recorded fairly quickly. Thank you for helping out! :mrgreen:

Oh, ha ha! More lines, I see them now.

Well, I can stumble my way through a little drama piece with Edric and hopefully we will both emerge intact. :D
Eva D
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Eva, this one is really well characterized. A bit on the dry, cynical side, but this is really fitting. And the little "hums" and laughs you put at the start of some of your sentences make it really lively. You know you remind me of myself there ? I also tend to insert such "chuckles" at the beginning of some of my speeches. So naturally I love it when others do that as well.

No noteworthy errors, so I can safely mark this PL ok :thumbs:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Just an FYI: I'm still planning on recording the narration soon. Sorry. Had some personal stuff get into the way of recording, so I had to put this on hold. I'll fix Acts I and II as soon as I get a chance.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

ChuckW wrote:Just an FYI: I'm still planning on recording the narration soon. Sorry. Had some personal stuff get into the way of recording, so I had to put this on hold. I'll fix Acts I and II as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks for the update, Chuck. As you can see, the play has been languishing for the past month, so unless there's a huge swell of new claims, I don't think there's a need to rush. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter