COMPLETE Dialogues of the Dead by G Lyttleton -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Also, just to be clear, you neednt do anything in the magic window as editor. But in case you have trouble retrieving files or whatever, i did give you access :)

Anyway, we will be fine :)
Carolin
JayS

Post by JayS »

I am looking for the parts of Dialogue 6 since I saw a note that it was ready to be edited. Perhaps this is a good starting point for me?
Let me know.

Jay
Jay Salam
Nothing sounds as good as audio! 8-)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I think this would be great :thumbs:
Carolin
JayS

Post by JayS »

Hi,
I finished the edits for Chapter 6, but am not sure how to upload it into this forum.
HELP!! :help:
Jay Salam
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This should work,
Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Carolin
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Did you log on to the magic window yet? If you have created a log in for that, use it also for the uploader instead of the info in the image above :)

If it doesnt work, please post again, ill walk you through it :thumbs:
Carolin
JayS

Post by JayS »

I did that before, but I didn't see it anywhere. I went ahead and did it again. Let me know if you find it.

Jay
Jay Salam
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

May I claim Charles XII., King of Sweden in section 20 please.

Thanks!

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you nemo!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

JayS wrote:I did that before, but I didn't see it anywhere. I went ahead and did it again. Let me know if you find it.

Jay
Thank you jay! Can you please post the link? We dont get notified of new uploads, we rely on the reader posting the link :) thank you!
Carolin
JayS

Post by JayS »

Ah.
Sonia gave me a tip that I had named the file incorrectly. She is helping me a lot. I will resend and I have changed the name so please let me know if it is correct.

Jay
Jay Salam
JayS

Post by JayS »

Okay, uploaded again. I hope this time I got it right. The directions for naming are a bit confusing. It says what to do if you are not the editor, but I didn't find how to name if you are the editor.
So hopefully I got it right.
Once you have listened and let me know what corrections you need I will have a better handle on this and can start on some of the other dialogues. :)

Jay

Edit: This time I named it -- dialogofthedead_06_lyttelton_128kb.mp3
Jay Salam
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's Dialogue V with a duration of 09:49: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/dialoguesofthedead_05_lyttelton_128kb.mp3

This is my first time editing for LibriVox, so I'd be grateful for any feedback you might provide!
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

JayS wrote:Okay, uploaded again. I hope this time I got it right. The directions for naming are a bit confusing. It says what to do if you are not the editor, but I didn't find how to name if you are the editor.
So hopefully I got it right.
Once you have listened and let me know what corrections you need I will have a better handle on this and can start on some of the other dialogues. :)

Jay

Edit: This time I named it -- dialogofthedead_06_lyttelton_128kb.mp3
You need to post a copy of the full link that you get back from the uploader. [Use ctrl-C to copy the link from the uploader, then ctrl-V to paste it into your email if you are using a Windows computer.] Like underlined in blue in the message just above this. The extra info than just what you named the file is stuff the uploader adds that tells us where in our database the file is located. We can't find it with the message the way you wrote it. [Note also that "dialog" is not spelled as the first post requests.]

Thanks, Todd
JayS

Post by JayS »

Okay I uploaded again and if you find my first few uploads, this is the one to use. I changed the spacing on some of the dialogue and believe it flows better. Sonia helped with a few tips that I believe helped me improve it a bit.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/dialogofthedead_06_lyttelton_128kb.mp3

I am not on windows, but Ctrl C and V are universal as are Ctrl A and X.

Please let me know if it is okay so I can go forward. I am still a newbie on LV and and happy for any feedback.

Jay
Jay Salam
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

"Dialog" needs to be "dialogues" as called out in the first posting. Otherwise the files will not sort properly when we upload to Archive for the catalog.

Thanks, Todd