LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 10th, 2017, 9:06 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 6 of 18  [ 267 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: June 3rd, 2017, 6:21 am 

Joined: November 13th, 2014, 4:28 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Athens, Greece
I can do section 51, Bridget Gillane?

_________________
Dafni Ma

'Distrust everything I say. I am telling the truth.' - Ursula K. Le Guin


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 3rd, 2017, 6:51 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Posts: 14441
I have finally read Cathleen ni Houlihan - I was worried it would be Irish or something, but it is perfectly plain English! :D

In that case, I'd like to read 51 Bridget Gillane, the clan's mother.

_________________
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com NEW DESIGN!


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 3rd, 2017, 9:09 am 

Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Posts: 2227
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest
Thanks for the PL help! :-)

Here's the corrected file and my recording for Peyton in Close the Book:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_peyton_glaspell.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/people_oscar_glaspell.mp3

_________________
Please Help Us Finish:
The Social War of 1900 (Simon Landis): Probably the worst science fiction novel ever written!
Orra: A Tragedy in Five Acts (Joanna Baillie): Gothic melodrama par excellence.

Super, super busy. I apologize for any lateness.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 3rd, 2017, 10:07 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
bluechien wrote:

great thank you that is now PL OK

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 3rd, 2017, 10:19 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
ChuckW wrote:
Thanks for the PL help! :-)

Here's the corrected file and my recording for Peyton in Close the Book:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_peyton_glaspell.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/people_oscar_glaspell.mp3


thanks Oscar is now PL OK and Peyton is PL OK also thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 6th, 2017, 1:31 am 

Joined: March 2nd, 2015, 9:08 am
Posts: 369
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Here's the Narrator of "The People"


https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thepeople_narrator_glaspell.mp3

12:20... Which is noteworthy, as the raw unedited file was 13:36, which means I had to cut less that 10% if it to get rid of my flubs (and 17 second of that was one spot where it took me 5 tries to get on line right). Normally, I'm cutting out a quarter to a third of the file.

_________________
Truth,
James
---------------------
"Declaration of the Occupation of New York City" - (non-LV audio project)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 6th, 2017, 3:34 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6311
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
After 6 years I still usually cut out a third of my recorded files. Only 10%? - I'll never get there!

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (Full) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Cabinet Minister Best Doctor (Full) Pinero - A Study Twin-Rivals


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 6th, 2017, 2:21 pm 

Joined: March 2nd, 2015, 9:08 am
Posts: 369
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
ToddHW wrote:
After 6 years I still usually cut out a third of my recorded files. Only 10%? - I'll never get there!


Of course, I did edit mine at 3 in the morning --- We'll have to see if it passes PL'ing before I declare success....

_________________
Truth,
James
---------------------
"Declaration of the Occupation of New York City" - (non-LV audio project)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 10th, 2017, 7:24 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
I have uploaded my parts

Mrs Root in Close the Book

Woman in The People

Please could someone PL Mrs Root for me as I am BC on that play
Thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 10th, 2017, 8:21 am 

Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Posts: 1014
Location: Seal Harbor, Maine USA
wib66 wrote:
I have uploaded my parts

Mrs Root in Close the Book

Woman in The People

Please could someone PL Mrs Root for me as I am BC on that play
Thanks


Michele,

Excellent reading. I love the sighs and exclamations you added. Perfect!

Just one PL note ... around a time of 2:54, there is one missing line that needs to be added:

"I'd rather have her sit at my table than have my son leave some morning in a covered wagon!"

Nemo


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 10th, 2017, 11:02 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
NemoR wrote:
wib66 wrote:
I have uploaded my parts

Mrs Root in Close the Book

Woman in The People

Please could someone PL Mrs Root for me as I am BC on that play
Thanks


Michele,

Excellent reading. I love the sighs and exclamations you added. Perfect!

Just one PL note ... around a time of 2:54, there is one missing line that needs to be added:

"I'd rather have her sit at my table than have my son leave some morning in a covered wagon!"

Nemo

Thank you for your lovely comments. I will edit and re upload thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 10th, 2017, 11:37 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
Mrs Root in Close the Book edited and re uploaded ready for a spot PL thanks

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 10th, 2017, 12:01 pm 

Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Posts: 1014
Location: Seal Harbor, Maine USA
wib66 wrote:
Mrs Root in Close the Book edited and re uploaded ready for a spot PL thanks


Spot PL OK.

Nemo


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 10th, 2017, 4:05 pm 

Joined: March 2nd, 2015, 9:08 am
Posts: 369
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
And here's the narrator for "CLose The Book"


https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_narrator_glaspell.mp3 (10:56)

_________________
Truth,
James
---------------------
"Declaration of the Occupation of New York City" - (non-LV audio project)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 11th, 2017, 4:38 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8447
NemoR wrote:
wib66 wrote:
Mrs Root in Close the Book edited and re uploaded ready for a spot PL thanks


Spot PL OK.

Nemo

thank you

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group