LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:33 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 12 of 14  [ 209 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: August 16th, 2017, 4:21 pm 

Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Los Angeles
I will take The Poor Old Woman, section 32.
:D

_________________
I'll be really busy in October, but if you really need me to do a recording, just give me a nudge.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 17th, 2017, 4:18 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8406
Ealswythe wrote:
I will take The Poor Old Woman, section 32.
:D

thanks for claiming will sign you up.

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 18th, 2017, 5:44 pm 

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 8:31 am
Posts: 33
Close the Book, Jhansi done
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_jhansi_susangalspell.mp3


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 19th, 2017, 1:34 pm 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8406
songstress4life wrote:

Thanks I will PL over the weekend

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 27th, 2017, 8:03 pm 

Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Posts: 1039
Here is Hazel, for What Christmas Did for Jerusha Grumble. 4:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whatchristmasdid_hazel_macdonald.mp3

_________________
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury, second Methodist bishop and traveling preacher in America from 1771-1815
Religion: Mushrooms on the Moor by Frank Boreham (died 1959)
Fantasy: The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 28th, 2017, 12:10 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm
Posts: 3695
Devorah,

Thank You for Hazel, she is PL OK!

The song, duet so far, sounds great --> https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/song_secondverse.mp3

David O


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 28th, 2017, 6:30 am 

Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Posts: 1039
I forgot to mention (though I'm sure you noticed) that my cats make a guest appearance in this. Sadly, I was forced to cut out most of their lines. But I really gave them a chance to shine here: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/i_said_ready_blooper.mp3

_________________
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury, second Methodist bishop and traveling preacher in America from 1771-1815
Religion: Mushrooms on the Moor by Frank Boreham (died 1959)
Fantasy: The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 28th, 2017, 4:37 pm 

Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm
Posts: 651
Location: By Denial with Clio
I am interested in reading Section 50--Mr. Box. (While I have read sections in poetry and prose before, this is the first play I would be reading for Librivox...so I have a couple of newbie-type questions).

(1) I would be reading Mr. Box's lines, if assigned this section, but there are places in the script where stage direction is indicated, and the meaning of the lines is somewhat reliant on the visual image.

Here it is. Well, ’pon my life, Bouncer’s going it! And shall I curb my indignation? Shall I falter in my vengeance? No! [Digs the fork into the chop, opens window, and throws chop out—shuts window again.] So much for Bouncer’s breakfast, and now for my own! [With the fork he puts the bacon on the gridiron again.] I may as well lay my breakfast things.

Should those stage directions (which enhance the meaning of the line) be read as a. stage directions, b omitted, or c incorporated into the dialogue something like this: "Shall I falter in my vengeance? No. Out the window with you! So much for Bouncer's chop, and now for my own!" ...........

(2) It does not appear that there is an intro/outro for "parts" in the play--merely for the editor at the end. Did I understand that right?

(3) I've been on total vocal rest for about 4 weeks and still have a week to go so it will be that long before I can record the lines. I hope that isn't a problem.

I look forward to being a part of this project.

Many thanks,

Philip

_________________
I will be away from the boards Oct 20-22. I shall return.

Projects in Progress

Humorous Readings and Recitations by Leopold Wagner (3 Sections)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 28th, 2017, 5:01 pm 

Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Posts: 1039
DrPGould wrote:
I am interested in reading Section 50--Mr. Box. (While I have read sections in poetry and prose before, this is the first play I would be reading for Librivox...so I have a couple of newbie-type questions).


No problem at all! Happy to have you!

Quote:
(1) I would be reading Mr. Box's lines, if assigned this section, but there are places in the script where stage direction is indicated, and the meaning of the lines is somewhat reliant on the visual image.

Here it is. Well, ’pon my life, Bouncer’s going it! And shall I curb my indignation? Shall I falter in my vengeance? No! [Digs the fork into the chop, opens window, and throws chop out—shuts window again.] So much for Bouncer’s breakfast, and now for my own! [With the fork he puts the bacon on the gridiron again.] I may as well lay my breakfast things.

Should those stage directions (which enhance the meaning of the line) be read as a. stage directions, b omitted, or c incorporated into the dialogue something like this: "Shall I falter in my vengeance? No. Out the window with you! So much for Bouncer's chop, and now for my own!" ...........


Those directions have already been read by the lovely MaryAnn. Each play has one reader to read all the stage directions. We would not be able to change the lines to incorporate directions, as you suggest, because it would be altering the original work and so not clearly public domain. Also, I doubt whether many directions would lend themselves to this kind of editing. So you will not need to read those, just the lines for Mr. Box as written.

Quote:
(2) It does not appear that there is an intro/outro for "parts" in the play--merely for the editor at the end. Did I understand that right?


That is correct, you do not need to record a disclaimer. However, you will need to record a voice credit. Something like " [Character name], read by [your name]". In this case, I'd like you to read the character name as "John Box, a journeyman printer." Then, after your own name, please record your character's costume description. Some play BC's like costume descriptions, if present, to be read by stage directions, but I'm asking each character to read their own.

Quote:
(3) I've been on total vocal rest for about 4 weeks and still have a week to go so it will be that long before I can record the lines. I hope that isn't a problem.


Not at all.

Quote:
I look forward to being a part of this project.

Many thanks,

Philip


I look forward to having you!

EDIT: Be sure to leave a good 3-5 seconds between each line, including when your line is interrupted by stage directions. This makes it much easier for the editor (me) to cut all the lines together. Also, feel free to include any laughs, chuckles, gasps, snorts, or what have you that may be mentioned in the stage directions. I may or may not be able to use them, but that gives it more color if I can.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: I just remembered that I read the stage directions for this one! MaryAnn isn't even on this project, but she read stage directions for another short play I did. Whoops. :oops:

_________________
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury, second Methodist bishop and traveling preacher in America from 1771-1815
Religion: Mushrooms on the Moor by Frank Boreham (died 1959)
Fantasy: The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 28th, 2017, 10:33 pm 

Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm
Posts: 651
Location: By Denial with Clio
Thanks Devorah!

Philip

_________________
I will be away from the boards Oct 20-22. I shall return.

Projects in Progress

Humorous Readings and Recitations by Leopold Wagner (3 Sections)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 31st, 2017, 6:19 am 

Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Posts: 1648
Location: Pearl near the Sea
Section 28 Michael Gillane PL OK!

_________________
~Nastya
紫猫


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 3rd, 2017, 7:06 am 

Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Posts: 8406
MW updated

_________________
Michele

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 8th, 2017, 5:28 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6195
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
May I please play Mr Box (section 50)?

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (Full) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Love and a Bottle (Full) Mrs Tanqueray (Full) Cabinet Minister Best Doctor Pinero - A Study


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 8th, 2017, 7:19 pm 

Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Posts: 1039
ToddHW wrote:
May I please play Mr Box (section 50)?

Thanks, Todd

Thank you very much, but DrPGould asked to play Box five or six posts up. I didn't realize it had never been entered in the MW. Sorry!

_________________
Devorah Allen

Journal of Francis Asbury, second Methodist bishop and traveling preacher in America from 1771-1815
Religion: Mushrooms on the Moor by Frank Boreham (died 1959)
Fantasy: The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: September 8th, 2017, 7:36 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Posts: 6195
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Okay.

Thanks, Todd

_________________
My Librivox Page Short Plays from Dickens (Full) Devil is an Ass Abe and Mawruss Love and a Bottle (Full) Mrs Tanqueray (Full) Cabinet Minister Best Doctor Pinero - A Study


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group