LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 7:37 pm

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 2:51 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

First time as a BC in the One Act Play Collections, please let me know if I missed anything.

Title: What Christmas Did for Jerusha Grumble (A Play for Five Girls)

Author: JOHN D. MACDONALD (https://librivox.org/author/11586)

PD text link: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/53734

Link to author on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._MacDonald (1916 - 1986)
Volunteers outside the USA: JOHN D. MACDONALD] died in 1986. His work is still protected by copyright in places, like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1954) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years).

Link to title on Wikipedia: none

Number of roles (including narrator): 6

Original publication date: Copyright 1919 by Tullar-Meredith Co.

list of characters:
Narrator
Isabel, Hazel, Julia, Jessie, Jerusha (Or it might be better if all used their own names except Jerusha.) <- from the text instructions

David O

Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 10:30 am 

Section 30 Bridget Gillane PL OK.

Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 12:50 pm 

thanks MW updated

If I miss anything let me know
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 12:53 pm 

dlolso21 wrote:
First time as a BC in the One Act Play Collections, please let me know if I missed anything.

Link to author on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._MacDonald (1916 - 1986)
Volunteers outside the USA: JOHN D. MACDONALD] died in 1986. His work is still protected by copyright in places, like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1954) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years).

list of characters:
Narrator
Isabel, Hazel, Julia, Jessie, Jerusha (Or it might be better if all used their own names except Jerusha.) <- from the text instructions

David O

Thanks David I will put this in our collection

It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 1:49 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

May I read Jerusha?

And the play end with them singing a christmas carol. Mind if I pick one that seems easy? I can do a separate piano track for that to make it easier for everyone to sort of sing together.

MaryAnn

Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 2:06 pm 

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
May I read Jerusha?

And the play end with them singing a christmas carol. Mind if I pick one that seems easy? I can do a separate piano track for that to make it easier for everyone to sort of sing together.

MaryAnn

As you are the main character it would be best if you record the carol first and then others follow your lead to make it easier to edit together. A piano track would be useful thanks

Post Posted:: August 1st, 2017, 2:51 pm 

dlolso21 wrote:

list of characters:
Narrator

David O

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but this looks cute. I'll read Hazel. :)

Journal of Francis Asbury, second Methodist bishop and traveling preacher in America from 1771-1815
Religion: Mushrooms on the Moor by Frank Boreham (died 1959)
Fantasy: The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton

Post Posted:: August 2nd, 2017, 12:44 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

MaryAnn & Devorah,

Thank you for volunteering and claiming parts so quickly.

David O

Post Posted:: August 2nd, 2017, 12:45 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Michele,

Thank you for adding this and for the sound advice.

David O

Post Posted:: August 2nd, 2017, 7:13 am 

dlolso21 wrote:

He published it when he was 3 years old?

"Declaration of the Occupation of New York City" - (non-LV audio project)

Post Posted:: August 2nd, 2017, 3:35 pm 

I have searched as best I can to find information about this author but it would appear that it is not the author with dates 1916 to 1986 as this play does not appear on any of his book lists as he is a prolific writer of crime and suspense novels and didn't write his first novel till 1950 so it cannot be the same person as this play was published in 1919. I think this would therefore make it in the Public Domain and open to anyone but would like someone else to check it before we make this decision. What do you think David let me know.

Thanks

Post Posted:: August 2nd, 2017, 3:39 pm 

wib66 wrote:
I have searched as best I can to find information about this author but it would appear that it is not the author with dates 1916 to 1986 as this play does not appear on any of his book lists as he is a prolific writer of crime and suspense novels and didn't write his first novel till 1950 so it cannot be the same person as this play was published in 1919. I think this would therefore make it in the Public Domain and open to anyone but would like someone else to check it before we make this decision. What do you think David let me know.

Thanks

Since Gutenberg lists it as PD, it should be free and clear, right? Even if we don't know anything about the author.

Good catch, James. I didn't even look at the author info.

Journal of Francis Asbury, second Methodist bishop and traveling preacher in America from 1771-1815
Religion: Mushrooms on the Moor by Frank Boreham (died 1959)
Fantasy: The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton

Post Posted:: August 2nd, 2017, 3:43 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

wib66 wrote:

Thanks

Michele,

Thanks for checking into it. I guess we have a JOHN D. MACDONALD to add to the database. I have not been able to find any other dates for him. It looks like Project Gutenberg has 4 titles by 2 different "JOHN D. MACDONALD's" then.
The one with dates, wrote Science Fiction and this other on wrote about Christmas.

I apologize for my confusion.

David O

Post Posted:: August 2nd, 2017, 3:45 pm 

dlolso21 wrote:
wib66 wrote:

Thanks

Michele,

Thanks for checking into it. I guess we have a JOHN D. MACDONALD to add to the database. I have not been able to find any other dates for him. It looks like Project Gutenberg has 4 titles by 2 different "JOHN D. MACDONALD's" then.
The one with dates, wrote Science Fiction and this other on wrote about Christmas.

I apologize for my confusion.

David O

Please don't apologise. It is very strange that there is no information about him in terms of even birth and death dates. I wonder if Project Gutenberg have any more info. I have looked on Google, Archive, Haiti and a couple of other sites but nothing with any info about him as an author but I think we can safely say it is not the other one. Thanks

Post Posted:: August 3rd, 2017, 6:50 pm 

mightyfelix wrote:
Since Gutenberg lists it as PD, it should be free and clear, right? Even if we don't know anything about the author.

Gutenberg's copy includes a copy of the title page, which clearly states "Copyright 1919", so there should be no question about it being PD.

"Declaration of the Occupation of New York City" - (non-LV audio project)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next