COMPLETE[Plays] One Act Play Collection 010 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

I will take The Poor Old Woman, section 32.
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Ealswythe wrote:I will take The Poor Old Woman, section 32.
:D
thanks for claiming will sign you up.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
songstress4life

Post by songstress4life »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

songstress4life wrote:Close the Book, Jhansi done
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_jhansi_susangalspell.mp3
Thanks I will PL over the weekend
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is Hazel, for What Christmas Did for Jerusha Grumble. 4:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whatchristmasdid_hazel_macdonald.mp3
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Devorah,

Thank You for Hazel, she is PL OK!

The song, duet so far, sounds great --> https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/song_secondverse.mp3

David O
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I forgot to mention (though I'm sure you noticed) that my cats make a guest appearance in this. Sadly, I was forced to cut out most of their lines. But I really gave them a chance to shine here: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/i_said_ready_blooper.mp3
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

I am interested in reading Section 50--Mr. Box. (While I have read sections in poetry and prose before, this is the first play I would be reading for Librivox...so I have a couple of newbie-type questions).

(1) I would be reading Mr. Box's lines, if assigned this section, but there are places in the script where stage direction is indicated, and the meaning of the lines is somewhat reliant on the visual image.

Here it is. Well, ’pon my life, Bouncer’s going it! And shall I curb my indignation? Shall I falter in my vengeance? No! [Digs the fork into the chop, opens window, and throws chop out—shuts window again.] So much for Bouncer’s breakfast, and now for my own! [With the fork he puts the bacon on the gridiron again.] I may as well lay my breakfast things.

Should those stage directions (which enhance the meaning of the line) be read as a. stage directions, b omitted, or c incorporated into the dialogue something like this: "Shall I falter in my vengeance? No. Out the window with you! So much for Bouncer's chop, and now for my own!" ...........

(2) It does not appear that there is an intro/outro for "parts" in the play--merely for the editor at the end. Did I understand that right?

(3) I've been on total vocal rest for about 4 weeks and still have a week to go so it will be that long before I can record the lines. I hope that isn't a problem.

I look forward to being a part of this project.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

DrPGould wrote:I am interested in reading Section 50--Mr. Box. (While I have read sections in poetry and prose before, this is the first play I would be reading for Librivox...so I have a couple of newbie-type questions).
No problem at all! Happy to have you!
(1) I would be reading Mr. Box's lines, if assigned this section, but there are places in the script where stage direction is indicated, and the meaning of the lines is somewhat reliant on the visual image.

Here it is. Well, ’pon my life, Bouncer’s going it! And shall I curb my indignation? Shall I falter in my vengeance? No! [Digs the fork into the chop, opens window, and throws chop out—shuts window again.] So much for Bouncer’s breakfast, and now for my own! [With the fork he puts the bacon on the gridiron again.] I may as well lay my breakfast things.

Should those stage directions (which enhance the meaning of the line) be read as a. stage directions, b omitted, or c incorporated into the dialogue something like this: "Shall I falter in my vengeance? No. Out the window with you! So much for Bouncer's chop, and now for my own!" ...........
Those directions have already been read by the lovely MaryAnn. Each play has one reader to read all the stage directions. We would not be able to change the lines to incorporate directions, as you suggest, because it would be altering the original work and so not clearly public domain. Also, I doubt whether many directions would lend themselves to this kind of editing. So you will not need to read those, just the lines for Mr. Box as written.
(2) It does not appear that there is an intro/outro for "parts" in the play--merely for the editor at the end. Did I understand that right?
That is correct, you do not need to record a disclaimer. However, you will need to record a voice credit. Something like " [Character name], read by [your name]". In this case, I'd like you to read the character name as "John Box, a journeyman printer." Then, after your own name, please record your character's costume description. Some play BC's like costume descriptions, if present, to be read by stage directions, but I'm asking each character to read their own.
(3) I've been on total vocal rest for about 4 weeks and still have a week to go so it will be that long before I can record the lines. I hope that isn't a problem.
Not at all.
I look forward to being a part of this project.

Many thanks,

Philip
I look forward to having you!

EDIT: Be sure to leave a good 3-5 seconds between each line, including when your line is interrupted by stage directions. This makes it much easier for the editor (me) to cut all the lines together. Also, feel free to include any laughs, chuckles, gasps, snorts, or what have you that may be mentioned in the stage directions. I may or may not be able to use them, but that gives it more color if I can.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: I just remembered that I read the stage directions for this one! MaryAnn isn't even on this project, but she read stage directions for another short play I did. Whoops. :oops:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thanks Devorah!

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Section 28 Michael Gillane PL OK!
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MW updated
Michele
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

May I please play Mr Box (section 50)?

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote:May I please play Mr Box (section 50)?

Thanks, Todd
Thank you very much, but DrPGould asked to play Box five or six posts up. I didn't realize it had never been entered in the MW. Sorry!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay.

Thanks, Todd