COMPLETE[Plays] One Act Play Collection 010 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

WiltedScribe wrote:Considering we have almost all of George Farquhar's works in the catalog, I thought it would be fitting to do his short farce "The Stage-Coach" here as a way of completing the collection. The only catch is that the most usable version, located at https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli ... 9/mode/2up is from a collection published in 1930. I just wanted to get someone's opinion as to whether this Archive source can be used before I volunteer to BC the play here. For my play The Gamester I am using a source that republished the play in the late 1940s, so perhaps an eighteenth-century play being republished in 1930 is also OK?
HI sorry to be a pain but this collection is only for one act plays so this one does not fit the criteria. However you are more than welcome to set it up as a project to do separate from this collection. Also we definitely need to check the source to see if it is PD so the admins would need to ok this for you to use.

Also given all the problems we had with carrying over files from the last collection from the last 2 unfinished plays I don't think we should add anymore to this collection. We have 10 plays which is our limit and they are nearly all good to go.
I am then going to launch collection 11.

Hope that is okay.

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Ah, okay. The reason I proposed the play here was because a) it seemed too short to launch as a major project and b) a scholar classified this as a "one-act farce" in something I read. If you took out the act breaks, it would work as such.

I'll consider doing this as a full project, I guess. Maybe its length will be attractive to a lot of people. I'd really like to use the 1930 source; maybe a helpful admin will check it and see if it's allowable.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Twinkle88 wrote:
DrPGould wrote:Thank you Twinkle 88!
Just to verify--this is the old file which was PL-OK, right?
I think so, but I'm not positive.
ok just to be on the safe side, I did a new check and it is indeed PL ok. Thanks Twinkle.

Only waiting for Kalynda to confirm whether it's a new file that needs PLing before I start on hers.

That leaves us with three remaining readers who haven't checked in yet: Gaby, Anusha and Lydia. Anybody know whether they are still around ? :hmm: At least Anusha and Lydia have logged in after my PM was sent, so it's a safe bet that they have read it. Gaby hasn't logged in for a few months. :?

How long do we wait till we open the parts up again ?

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

To help get these finished may I read The Philosopher in The People and/or Robert Valpas in The Fourth Act.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne, the three missing sentences are all good. However your sampling rate was still at 48,000 instead of 44,100. You need to check your settings.

No need to reupload this one though, I changed it from my computer and reuploaded, since there were no other errors.
PL ok now.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

I would like #26, "The Philosopher". Thanks!
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

April:

The role of the philosopher seems to have already been claimed. There are a few roles left open in the collection, but you are welcome to any of them.

Sorry.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

alanmapstone:

Your requested roles have been assigned.

Many thanks,

Philip
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: January 4th, 2018, 12:21 amThat leaves us with three remaining readers who haven't checked in yet: Gaby, Anusha and Lydia. Anybody know whether they are still around ? :hmm: At least Anusha and Lydia have logged in after my PM was sent, so it's a safe bet that they have read it. Gaby hasn't logged in for a few months. :?

How long do we wait till we open the parts up again ?
I know Lydia cannot record anymore, so we'd have to open up her role if she no longer has her file. Anusha is only intermittently active nowadays, but she may have deleted her file; if so, I assume her role would have to be opened. Gaby hasn't been active here for a year. I doubt she has the file or can record.

I think, of the three, orphaning Gaby's section sooner rather than later would help expedite the process, since she is no longer active. The others are still around and can provide an answer, though I think a new PM should be sent if they do not say anything within the next few weeks. Just my two cents.
Tomas Peter
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

Can I take 37 Narrator (for The Fourth Act)?
If so, do you want me to read the "first performed" page, or just start with the title and scene description on page 7?

How long a gap do you prefer between lines?

Thanks!
AprilWalters
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

April:

You are most welcome to the narrator role and to the play. I would start with this "Dramatis Personae" list (the parts for the Narrator, Alan, Phil, and the Voice were not on the original list).

Narrator read by....[Your name]
Sir Philip À Courcy read by....
Mr. Robert Valpas, his Secretary read by.....
Miss Daphne Alloa read by.....
Alan Courcy read by....
Phil Courcy read by....
Voice from the corner read by.....

After that, the title and scene description.

The Parts for Alan and Phil are small and are actually in the stage directions on pp. 7, 9, and 12. Please do ahead and read them. If we do not attract players for their roles, we can always use the stage directions. Similarly the line they have on p. 17 could be read as a stage direction. If you add that, then we have options.

I usually leave 2-3 seconds between lines when I read them...and usually have no trouble editing them at that spacing.

Many thanks,

Philip
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

Do I have names for the "Read By"s, or do I just leave pauses for you to insert their names? Thanks!
AprilWalters
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Each has read there own name so far...and if they haven't when they come in for PL, I'll be sure to note it and see that they do...so just read "Read by" and leave a pause. I think that should work.

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

DrPGould wrote: January 4th, 2018, 6:54 pm Each has read her/his own name so far...and if they haven't when they come in for PL, I'll be sure to note it and see that they do...so just read "Read by" and leave a pause. I think that should work.

Many thanks,

Philip