COMPLETE[Plays] One Act Play Collection 010 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote:
mightyfelix wrote:Stage directions, 16:27.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/boxandcox_stagedir_morton.mp3

I decided in reading the stage directions that I'd like each of the three characters to read their own costume descriptions. So it will be:

[Character], read by [name]. (John Box and James Cox will insert here, "a Journeyman Printer" or "a Journeyman Hatter", respectively) [Costume description]
Hi happy for them to do that but when you get people signed up to the parts please can you remember to let them know about this and write out the text as you would like them to say it. They may not see this post when they sign up so they will not know to do it.

Thanks
Makes perfect sense, thanks.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix
thanks for that and I will PL your narrator file
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
songstress4life

Post by songstress4life »

Hello, I would like to claim section 17 please.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

songstress4life wrote:Hello, I would like to claim section 17 please.
thank you I will sign you up
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here's Mrs Bouncer, for "Cox and Box" (5:45). I've given you two versions of the part where Mrs Bouncer calls from outside the door while knocking. One version has the knocking, the other is plain.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/coxandbox_bouncer_morton.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote:Here's Mrs Bouncer, for "Cox and Box" (5:45). I've given you two versions of the part where Mrs Bouncer calls from outside the door while knocking. One version has the knocking, the other is plain.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/coxandbox_bouncer_morton.mp3
Thank you! This sounds great! I love how you muffled your voice slightly while Mrs. Bouncer is outside the door. I wouldn't have thought of that! And the knocking is a nice touch, too.

I have one note for you. At 4:29, the line is, "Nay, I’ll see if I can’t get the other room ready this very day." You omitted "Nay". Would you please re-do this part to include it?

Thanks again! :mrgreen:
DaMa

Post by DaMa »

Bridget Gillane, 5 min running time
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cathleennihoulihan_bridget_yeats.mp3

Sorry for the delay! I hope there are not many mistakes.
Cheers x
Dafni Ma

'Distrust everything I say. I am telling the truth.' - Ursula K. Le Guin
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote:
At 4:29, the line is, "Nay, I’ll see if I can’t get the other room ready this very day." You omitted "Nay". Would you please re-do this part to include it?
Just that one change, file reuploaded with the same name.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

DaMa wrote:Bridget Gillane, 5 min running time
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cathleennihoulihan_bridget_yeats.mp3

Sorry for the delay! I hope there are not many mistakes.
Cheers x
Thank you ShiNeko will be along to PL shortly
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Garremania wrote:Here is Grandmother for "Close the Book"
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethatbook_grandmother_glaspell.mp3
Runtime: 6:24
Some edits needed please.
Can you please make sure that between each line there are 2 to 3 seconds of silence which will make it easier for editing later on.

At the beginning of the file please say
Mrs Peyton read by (insert the name you wish to be known by)
6:10
Neither necessary nor desirable
6:12
It looks to me as if that book was not thoughtfully edited. I’m surprised it has sold.

If you could carry out the edits and then reupload using the same file name that would be great.
Thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narration for Household Gods is PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator for Box and Cox is PL OK
Michele
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: Just that one change, file reuploaded with the same name.
Thank you, Mrs. Bouncer is PL ok!
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I just read the play Box and Cox and it IS hilarious. I would like to take the part of Cox please.

I am going to talk to someone in my local theatre group and see if we can put this on as part of a collection of one act plays next year. I already have someone in mind for the role. I am going to try to get him to sign up here and read/record it!
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

jasonb wrote:I just read the play Box and Cox and it IS hilarious. I would like to take the part of Cox please.

I am going to talk to someone in my local theatre group and see if we can put this on as part of a collection of one act plays next year. I already have someone in mind for the role. I am going to try to get him to sign up here and read/record it!
That sounds wonderful! Thank you so much!