Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unreadpages wrote:Here is Arnolphe Act 5
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_arnolphe_5.mp3
12:43
Peter
ok Peter, finished listening to the last act of Arnolphe. You go out with a wonderful grumble :thumbs: And in the part where he professed his love for Agnes, I almost pitied him :(

Well, also this one is PL ok and I'm sure it will be great once this is all assembled :9:

thank you for this excellent role-playing

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

an excellent Chrysalde, the voice of reason for Arnolphe (who of course doesn't want to hear anything about it :lol: ). :clap: Almost perfect run-through, I only found two small things which could be corrected:

Act 1:

> at 4.09: there is a beeping sound in the middle of “Monsieur de la Souche”

Act 4:

PL ok

Act 5:

> at 0:23: “I think my brother will be out of my mind” – you say “his mind”, which is a real change of meaning here. What Chrysalde means is “my brother and me are of the same mind”, meaning, they agree that Horace should not be forced against his will. While you make it sound as if he was insane which is totally not Oronte's character.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Chrysalde 1 and 5 fixed and re-uploaded. I had not got the proper "out of my mind" meaning at all - I was definitely thinking insane.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:I had not got the proper "out of my mind" meaning at all - I was definitely thinking insane.
yes I agree the expression is a bit antiquated, but in order to be 100% sure, I checked with the French original and there it was totally unambiguous what he really meant.

Both Acts now PL ok :) Start assembling :9: Act 2 has all the characters in.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Do you realize just how wonderful it must be to be able to say "I checked the French original"?

Yes, I expect a busy weekend of editing!

Thanks, Todd
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I'm out of town for the next few days, but I will try to record Horace's lines Sunday evening, so that hopefully this will be ready to catalogue at the beginning of next week. I won't hold this up much longer, I promise. :|
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank Ava, now all is in :thumbs: not whether we need the footnote, but I let Todd decide about that one

both PL ok

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 is ready for final PL. Hilarious - I can see the scenes so clearly from all of your readings. Wonderful!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 2 is ready for final PL. Hilarious - I can see the scenes so clearly from all of your readings. Wonderful!
I agree !!! I had to giggle uncontrollably during the scene where Agnès is trying to confess to having given away her ribbon and Arnolphe exasperated to finally get it out of her. :lol:

Act 2 PL ok, without any doubts. :thumbs:

You only need to put the voice credits in the MW for Act 2 still.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have drafts of acts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ready for the last part to be dropped in.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
ToddHW wrote:Act 2 is ready for final PL. Hilarious - I can see the scenes so clearly from all of your readings. Wonderful!
I agree !!! I had to giggle uncontrollably during the scene where Agnès is trying to confess to having given away her ribbon and Arnolphe exasperated to finally get it out of her. :lol:

Act 2 PL ok, without any doubts. :thumbs:

You only need to put the voice credits in the MW for Act 2 still.

Sonia
Glad you enjoyed it. That scene is absolutely priceless.

(I put all the final voice credits in the MW at the same time rather than act by act as they finish. I do the credits after I have all the final acts done and moved up at the top of the MW, then I sort the part sections down below that by reader. Why? Because then I can effectively enter "reader name" and then "sections 1-5" "ADD" all at once to get a reader credit in every act. Then I delete that reader's part files and go on to the next reader.)

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I stayed up a little longer than usual to finish Horace so that Sonia has a chance to PL everything while I'm asleep. :lol: Hopefully Todd can start finalizing the acts later today, now that the last role is in.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_horace_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_horace_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_horace_4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_horace_5.mp3
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:I stayed up a little longer than usual to finish Horace so that Sonia has a chance to PL everything while I'm asleep. :lol:
haha, thanks, for keeping me busy. :mrgreen:

Well actually you made a perfect run-through without any errors. And soooo well acted out :9: you alternate between the sighing lover and the mischievous plotter and the speech where he nastily derides Arnolphe as a fool is simply excellent :thumbs:

(you are at your best during the early hours, it seems :shock: I wouldn't have noticed any sleepiness in your performance)

All Acts PL ok and this means, we can finalize them all now 8-) Over to Todd, I guess

Sonia