COMPLETE[PLAY] The Schoolmistress by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Kitty wrote:
bluechien wrote:I would like to claim Peggy, if that's okay. I wouldn't be able to start working on it for about two weeks (at most), though, so if anyone else would like this sooner, please claim.
you're doing it :9: !!!! Didn't I predict, that Peggy would be waiting for you ;)

Sonia
Your intuitions are infallible, as always :thumbs:
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Kalynda, I checked all the missing lines and they are all perfectly acted out and inserted at the right spots. Thank you so much

Ermyntrude is PL ok in her entirety :thumbs:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bluechien wrote:I would like to claim Peggy, if that's okay. I wouldn't be able to start working on it for about two weeks (at most), though, so if anyone else would like this sooner, please claim.
Thanks. Yours.

Todd
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

Can I take Goff?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RecordingPerson wrote:Can I take Goff?
Yes - thanks.

Todd
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

ToddHW wrote:
Yes - thanks.

Todd
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_Goff_2.mp3 1m02s
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RecordingPerson wrote:
ToddHW wrote:
Yes - thanks.

Todd
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_Goff_2.mp3 1m02s
Thanks.

Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_rankling_1.mp3

I trust you'll feel sufficiently downtrodden.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hey again :)

totally enjoyed your characterization here. I'm glad you read the stage direction that Goff seems to be a jolly elder fellow, because you managed to convey this sort of bumbliness with your voice :9: I think by now you are really ready to take on some longer roles ;) (if you like, that is)

One note here though, but before you change anything, I will ask a second opinion of our "man in charge" here.

> at 0:18-0:25 : "Take it quietly, what for ?" and "The Escape ? Where is it ?" - I think you can cut these out, I don't think Goff, as the fireman would ask these questions. The ALL here probably refers to the men and girls in the house who need to be saved

Todd, do you agree ? :hmm:

I will mark it PL ok already, and will make a note for editor.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

When I grow up, I want to be the "man in charge". :mrgreen:

Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_rankling_1.mp3
I trust you'll feel sufficiently downtrodden.
Chris
Chris !!! this is super !!!! :clap: I love the gruff voice and you are really one grumpy mean person. No wonder you are ruffling poor Miss Dyott. Excellently played. Keep this up for the next two acts. (of course with the ladies in Act 2 you might want to be a bit more charming, in your own strange way). I love when you scream EMMA ! constantly LOL

PL ok (only don't forget to leave your longer spaces, even in the heat of the moment ;) )
When I grow up, I want to be the "man in charge". :mrgreen:
Chris
:lol: well, teasing Todd about Carry On all the time may put a damper on your career (I know, on mine as well, but I don't want to be the "man in charge" :mrgreen: )

looking forward to some more growling Rankling

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

But ... but ... if an Admiral becomes "charming", won't that rip a hole in time and space, and plunge us all into a parallel yet subtly different universe?

Just saying.

Chris

P.S. I haven't read the last Act yet, but I am rather expecting a denouement with Mrs Rankling. :shock:

"Archibald! I've been doing some thinking, and ... [hefting vase] ... there's something I want to bounce off you."
Last edited by SonOfTheExiles on May 20th, 2017, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
hey again :)

totally enjoyed your characterization here. I'm glad you read the stage direction that Goff seems to be a jolly elder fellow, because you managed to convey this sort of bumbliness with your voice :9: I think by now you are really ready to take on some longer roles ;) (if you like, that is)

One note here though, but before you change anything, I will ask a second opinion of our "man in charge" here.

> at 0:18-0:25 : "Take it quietly, what for ?" and "The Escape ? Where is it ?" - I think you can cut these out, I don't think Goff, as the fireman would ask these questions. The ALL here probably refers to the men and girls in the house who need to be saved

Todd, do you agree ? :hmm:

I will mark it PL ok already, and will make a note for editor.

Sonia
Don't worry about cutting things out. I can make such adjustments during editing. (It's the cutting IN that I can't do then!)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:But ... but ... if an Admiral becomes "charming", won't that rip a hole in time and space, and plunge us all into a parallel yet subtly different universe?
that's why I said "in your own special way" ;)
P.S. I haven't read the last Act yet, but I am rather expecting a denouement with Mrs Rankling. :shock:
"Archibald! I've been doing some thinking, and ... [hefting vase] ... there's something I want to bounce off you."
well did you expect the missus to just quietly suffer your mood her entire life ? Miss Dyott had a talk with Mrs Rankling and may have nudged her on the right path :mrgreen:

Sonia