COMPLETE [PLAY] Paul Jones by Alexandre Dumas - ToddHW

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay Sonia, Act 5 is over to you for final PL. I think you will love how your acting as the Marchioness came out - really brings tears to the eyes! Wonderful.

Enjoy.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Okay Sonia, Act 5 is over to you for final PL. I think you will love how your acting as the Marchioness came out - really brings tears to the eyes! Wonderful.
I'm on it !!!! (although I'm reluctant to sing my own praise here....) :oops: but I'm sure we will all sound great together

stay tuned !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I just finished...woah, I know what you mean, this ending was quite powerful (although at one point I feared we would BOTH overdo the melodramatic tearful side a bit :mrgreen: )

And I simply ADORE the scene where Emmanuel desperately tries to get Paul to duel him LOL Tomas' inner rage is really palpable there and you so calm in return. :thumbs:

Excellently acted, all 5 of us (and excellent narration, let's not forget that).

Act 5 PL ok.

Sonia
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

So, basically, this whole thing is waiting on my one line? I'll have it tonight....
Truth,
James
---------------------
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Truth,
James
---------------------
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: was this really only one line you had to say ? Well, you delivered it with diligence, all efficient notary :) PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

Can I take Mr. De Nozay?

I can't actually check the lines he has to say, as search for 'Nozay' isn't working for me in the archive.org document. I'll have to look through all of Act 3 and find all lines. But unless there's something most unexpected I imagine I'll be fine.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RecordingPerson wrote:Can I take Mr. De Nozay.

I can't actually check the lines he has to say, as search for 'Nozay' isn't working for me in the archive.org document. I'll have to look through all of Act 3 and find all lines.
hi, thanks for helping out. Yes, I'm sorry, the archive texts aren't the best for the search function :( but at least the Act is not that long. And you can always skim till you see "enter Nozay" (p. 49), because before that, he will not appear

Sonia
RecordingPerson

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pauljones_nozay_[3].mp3

EDIT: Square brackets in the file name make the link not work. Please cut and paste into the address bar of your browser.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RecordingPerson wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pauljones_nozay_[3].mp3

EDIT: Square brackets in the file name make the link not work. Please cut and paste into the address bar of your browser.
could you please rename it without the brackets and re-upload ? I cannot open it like this.

Sonia
RecordingPerson

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks ! this is PER-FECT :clap: don't ever again say that your voice sounds dull. You really created a good character here, he sounds like an upper-class snob all right.

All the lines are in, everything perfectly read and acted out. No complaints there. PL ok.

I only need to tell you one very important thing for dramatic readings. You absolutely have to leave out at least 2 seconds of silence between each of your chunks of speech. The reason is simple: our editor later on has to cut out every bit from every file and paste it into a coherent whole, and if he has to twiddle in such small spaces without any pause in between, this makes his job very very hard.

I think we can let it pass this time, Todd will manage for once. (Todd, is that all right with you ? or should he re-upload ?) But for your next recordings, please think about the poor editor and leave enough space :)

Sonia
RecordingPerson

Kitty wrote:thanks ! this is PER-FECT :clap: don't ever again say that your voice sounds dull. You really created a good character here, he sounds like an upper-class snob all right.

All the lines are in, everything perfectly read and acted out. No complaints there. PL ok.

I only need to tell you one very important thing for dramatic readings. You absolutely have to leave out at least 2 seconds of silence between each of your chunks of speech. The reason is simple: our editor later on has to cut out every bit from every file and paste it into a coherent whole, and if he has to twiddle in such small spaces without any pause in between, this makes his job very very hard.

I think we can let it pass this time, Todd will manage for once. (Todd, is that all right with you ? or should he re-upload ?) But for your next recordings, please think about the poor editor and leave enough space :)

Sonia
It would take me about five minutes to fix this. I keep the original .wav file around before converting to MP3. So, I can edit with no quality loss. EDIT: Done! It's 45 seconds long now https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pauljones_nozay_3.mp3

I can imagine characters much better than I can do. For this one, I really wish I could have done him as Kenneth Williams.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RecordingPerson wrote:It would take me about five minutes to fix this. I keep the original .wav file around before converting to MP3. So, I can edit with no quality loss. EDIT: Done! It's 45 seconds long now https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pauljones_nozay_3.mp3
oh thank you so much this is really much better for editing :9: thanks for the extra work
I can imagine characters much better than I can do. For this one, I really wish I could have done him as Kenneth Williams.
hurray !!! another Carry On fan !!!!! :lol: Todd will go now "Oh no, not again" (we already haressed him with Carry on in another drama play :mrgreen: I bet he still hasn't watched one)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh no, not again!

Todd