[Complete] The Princess Zoubaroff by Ronald Firbank - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:In my most demanding role, ready for PL :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princesszoubaroff_dante_2.mp3
Length is 0:28
Nemo
thank you Nemo. Well you are sobbing away quite heart-rendingly. Did a real-life pinch help maybe ? ;) Dante is of course PL ok. Well done :)

And another role finished, yay !

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Hello Sonia, here is my run at the marchesa. I am happy to redo anything or know what I may have missed, so looking forward to your PL! (I had a lot of help, especially with the technical side which is why this isn't a total mess on that front!)

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princesszoubaroff_marchesa_2.mp3
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote:Hello Sonia, here is my run at the marchesa. I am happy to redo anything or know what I may have missed, so looking forward to your PL! (I had a lot of help, especially with the technical side which is why this isn't a total mess on that front!)

I just listened the Marchesa and what can I say, but "ottimo, perfetto, sei un naturale" :thumbs: In English: excellently characterized and your accent sounded as if you really were an Italian. And your Italian and French is really good.

Also the certain languor you put in your voice is very, very southern temperament. I liked the performance very much. :9:

Also you managed to incorporate the "stage directions" in your tone of voice, which is great, the more we can leave out this because the actors are already doing them, the better.

Marchesa PL ok :)

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Kitty wrote:
bluechien wrote:Hello Sonia, here is my run at the marchesa. I am happy to redo anything or know what I may have missed, so looking forward to your PL! (I had a lot of help, especially with the technical side which is why this isn't a total mess on that front!)

I just listened the Marchesa and what can I say, but "ottimo, perfetto, sei un naturale" :thumbs: In English: excellently characterized and your accent sounded as if you really were an Italian. And your Italian and French is really good.

Also the certain languor you put in your voice is very, very southern temperament. I liked the performance very much. :9:

Also you managed to incorporate the "stage directions" in your tone of voice, which is great, the more we can leave out this because the actors are already doing them, the better.

Marchesa PL ok :)

Sonia

thank you mille fois for all your help, Sonia!! :9: So appreciate the encouraging feedback.
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

A big, hearty thank you to everyone who has volunteered and helped bring this project closer to completion. I can't believe we're almost done... and you've all done so wonderfully with your recordings.

I'll try to record my section this weekend and start the rough edits of each Act.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chuck, good to see you're back. :) looking forward to your Eric

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay thanks Beth !!! Will PL as soon as possible. Meanwhile updating MW :)

EDIT: Act 2 couldn't be downloaded ! Could you re-upload maybe ?

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Act 2 reuploaded! It should work now...
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Beth, yes, now the download worked just fine :)

also had time to check both acts and I can mark them PL ok. Your Lady Rocktower has a bit of a haughty air, which is quite fitting, I think. :thumbs: Enjoyed the reading and I'm sure the scenes will sound great once fitted together :9:

I found three minor discrepancies in the French and Italian pronunciations, but decided to leave them like that, as it is not her mother-tongue either. So I think saying some things not 100% correctly is totally plausible in this instance.

Looking forward to the last act :)

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Wowza! Thank you so much! Wasn't expecting them today. :-)

Nooooow... I have to start editing Act I.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Well, I only learned French for a few years in high school and that was over 20 years ago! I've never done any Italian at all. I gave it my best guess!

Act 3 is now uploaded (2:43)

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princesszoubaroff_ladyrocktower_3.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:Well, I only learned French for a few years in high school and that was over 20 years ago! I've never done any Italian at all. I gave it my best guess!
it was really good, seriously :) But you didn't have to guess, as I had made a sound-file ;) no matter, it's really good as it it.
and Act 3 is also PL ok. Well done. :thumbs: And that's another role finished.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Now that we've reached this point, Sonia, I should probably seek out your opinion on something. I'm thinking of taking out the "scene breaks" (ex. "Scene II, Enid, Eric"), as they're mostly used to indicate to the reader (performer?) which characters appear in which part of the play. These things kinda break up the flow of the play and serve no real function for listeners. They're also, as Todd mentioned earlier, a little confusing.

What do you think? Should I leave them all in? Or delete them entirely?

I also need to record my lines for Eric, but my daughter is sick right now and I'm not sure when I'll get a free moment. Hopefully I can get it done soon though.
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Now that we've reached this point, Sonia, I should probably seek out your opinion on something. I'm thinking of taking out the "scene breaks" (ex. "Scene II, Enid, Eric"), as they're mostly used to indicate to the reader (performer?) which characters appear in which part of the play. These things kinda break up the flow of the play and serve no real function for listeners. They're also, as Todd mentioned earlier, a little confusing.
did Todd mention that ? I can't remember. I don't know really...in other stage plays, the scene announcement of who appears on stage is usually kept in.

I personally like the scene break-ups, because they are a good reminder for a listener, which character will show up, in case they don't immediately remember which voice reads what character.

What I find a bit too much, especially in this play, is the endless stage directions after each name (softly, angry, solliciting), stuff that the readers already convey with their tone of voice, at least most of the time. If you want to make cuts there, I would greatly appreciate.
I also need to record my lines for Eric, but my daughter is sick right now and I'm not sure when I'll get a free moment. Hopefully I can get it done soon though.
oh, I hope it's nothing too serious. Take care of your daughter first, that's more important at the moment. :)

Sonia