COMPLETE The Family of Love: Middleton, Dekker, Barry - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

WiltedScribe wrote:Hi Rob,

Just want to let you know that I plan on starting Gerardine this week, so hopefully we can finish this before long. :)
Hi there,

Thanks for checking in. To be honest, there's no special rush because my busy period at work doesn't end until a week next Friday. I will probably start editing the following week.
Rob Marland reader section | website
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

WiltedScribe wrote:After exactly four months after first claiming, I finally present Gerardine, after an evening's worth of recording. :)
All PL OK! Great reading, Tomas! I no longer think the other characters are daft for thinking all of Gerardine's different disguises are convincing!

And the Dram Pers is ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/familyoflove_0_middleton_128kb_mixdown.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I suppose this is were I come in again. You see, I'm keeping an eye on this project still :mrgreen:

All voice credits in, although not in the order of how they appear in the book. But I suppose this doesn't matter. Is there a special reason to your order, Rob ? :hmm:

Dramatis Personae: PL ok
RobBoard wrote:Great reading, Tomas! I no longer think the other characters are daft for thinking all of Gerardine's different disguises are convincing!
yes Tomas has hidden depths ;) Can't wait to hear this assembled. :9:

Sonia
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Kitty wrote:
All voice credits in, although not in the order of how they appear in the book. But I suppose this doesn't matter. Is there a special reason to your order, Rob ?
Thanks, Sonia! As for the order, I just put them in according to the approximate size of the role. I tend to do this just because it is what I would do for a dramatic reading of a book. Also because sometimes the roles in these old plays are listed in weird orders (king and noblemen first, women of all ranks last).
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote:As for the order, I just put them in according to the approximate size of the role. I tend to do this just because it is what I would do for a dramatic reading of a book. Also because sometimes the roles in these old plays are listed in weird orders (king and noblemen first, women of all ranks last).
ok makes sense and is probably fairer that way

Sonia
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Act 1 is ready for PL. Another opportunity to get your lugholes around my 'singing'...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/familyoflove_1_middleton_128kb.mp3
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobBoard wrote:Act 1 is ready for PL. Another opportunity to get your lugholes around my 'singing'...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/familyoflove_1_middleton_128kb.mp3
you know I love the singing :9: But the entire act sounds great now we are all assembled. This time it was all new to me as I was not PLing the parts. So it was really highly enjoyable :thumbs:

One correction to make though:

> you leave no initial space at all in the beginning, was that intentional ? :hmm:

> at 0:20: Dramatis personae missing before the prologue

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act is already getting quite bawdy in parts :mrgreen:

a few minor notes, probably trivial and might not be changed:

> at 7:38: stage directions differ a bit here: "Lipsalve talks apart to Shrimp" (p. 35) - instead of "Lipsalve and Shrimp confer". Am I reading from the same source ? :hmm:

> at 19:07: missing stage direction "giving money" (p. 43)

> at 19:16: missing stage directions "Gudgeon retires" (p.43) while the "aside" mentioned here is not in the original. As Glister is alone at that point, an aside is not needed. edit: Reading on, I notice Gudgeon has not retired after all, maybe this original is a bit faulty. I guess this needs not be changed after all.

Sonia
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for being so fast.

Regarding Act 1, I don't leave a space at the beginning because I recall reading in the guidelines that there should be no more than 1/2 a second before the first reader speaks. This was a while ago, and maybe I am mis-remembering. Anyway, this is what I usually do. The Dramatic Personae is also omitted here because it has its own separate file.

As far as Act 2, I think we discussed some months ago how I found two texts: one a Word document I could easily make into a reading script but was not suitable to be a source text (not on archive or gutenberg), and another an Archive pdf that I could submit as a source text but which would have been more difficult to make into a reading script (I like to add directions to the readers, add italics for emphasis, and modernise punctuation). I edited the document so that it matched the pdf, but there may still be some inconsistencies that have slipped through the net. I thought I had caught all these during proof-reading of the individual parts, but apparently not.

As we go through the final PL, I will make a list of all the lines I have to ask the readers to record, because I would rather not bother them on an act-by-act basis. So I will re-submit all the acts for spot PL once you have PLed everything.

The "Lipsalve talks apart to Shrimp" line: I see that is different in my reading copy and the source copy, and will ask David to re-record later.

"giving money": Fixed.

"Gudgeon retires"/"aside" Fixed.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Here's the correction for Glister, act five.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/familyoflove_glister_5.mp3

I'm used to these play projects taking so long, so I thought I had time. Today I decided to look back again and check on the progress, thinking that I still had plenty of time to do the corrections, and was surprised to see from the MW that mine was the only one you were waiting on! So I took care of it right away. Sorry to have kept you waiting.

Brad
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Hamlet wrote:Here's the correction for Glister, act five.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/familyoflove_glister_5.mp3

I'm used to these play projects taking so long, so I thought I had time. Today I decided to look back again and check on the progress, thinking that I still had plenty of time to do the corrections, and was surprised to see from the MW that mine was the only one you were waiting on! So I took care of it right away. Sorry to have kept you waiting.

Brad
Thanks, Brad! PL OK now.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »