COMPLETE [PLAY] Quality Street by J. M. Barrie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you - these will be PL'd shortly.

(By the way, section numbers are of limited use in dramatic works as we often drag the sections around in the MW to make it easier to tell what progress we're making. That's why the file names have both character names and act numbers in them.)

Thanks, Todd
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

ToddHW wrote:Thank you - these will be PL'd shortly.

(By the way, section numbers are of limited use in dramatic works as we often drag the sections around in the MW to make it easier to tell what progress we're making. That's why the file names have both character names and act numbers in them.)

Thanks, Todd
Very well, Thank you!
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

ToddHW wrote:Thank you - these will be PL'd shortly.

Thanks, Todd
Very well, Thank you!
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

EikyTavie wrote:Section 3 (Arthur Wellesley Tomson; Act 2):
http://uploads.librivox.org/toddhw/qualitystreet_arthur_1.mp3 (running time 1:24)

And, Section 6 (Gallant; Act 3)
http://uploads.librivox.org/toddhw/qualitystreet_gallant_3.mp3 (running time: 00:19)

Awaiting feedback,

Cheers :)

EikyTavie
Both are PL OK! My only question would be on Arthur's voice credit. Todd do you want the character name read as you have it listed in the MW? If that is the case then the voice credit needs updated on Arthur - otherwise all is well.
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

Both are PL OK! My only question would be on Arthur's voice credit. Todd do you want the character name read as you have it listed in the MW? If that is the case then the voice credit needs updated on Arthur - otherwise all is well.
Cheers
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

EikyTavie wrote:
Cheers
Yes, the voice credit should have the character name as given in the MW "read by -----" .

Thanks, Todd
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

Yes, the voice credit should have the character name as given in the MW "read by -----" .

Thanks, Todd
I did start with "Arthur, ready by Eiky Tavie" etc if that's what you mean
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

EikyTavie wrote:

Thanks, Todd
I did start with "Arthur, ready by Eiky Tavie" etc if that's what you mean
It needs to say "Arthur Wellesley Tomson, read by Eiky Tavie."
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

Oh I see. Sure then, may I record just the part or have I got to edit my submission? I apologise, I'm new to this: this is my first.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

EikyTavie wrote:
Oh I see. Sure then, may I record just the part or have I got to edit my submission? I apologise, I'm new to this: this is my first.
It would be best if you edit your original file and re-upload it.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

There are a number of videos here that will help you with editing. Once you get used to it, editing is not hard. I edit my recordings a lot. When I record, my raw files are at 50-100% longer that the final file I upload cuz I have to edit out a lot of mistakes, retakes, places where I decide I should say something different, wrong voice for that character, etc. That's part of the freedom of doing what we do here - we don't have to get single take perfection in front of an audience!

But if you are really worried about editing your existing file to add the voice credit, you can record the credit separately and upload it with your character name and voice credit in the name: something like "qualitystreet_arthur_voicecredit.mp3". Just make sure to post the complete file name you get from the uploader here in the forum so I can download it.

(I pull all the reader files apart into little pieces as I create the acts, There isn't a real requirement that everything be in one file - it is just easier to have everything for an act in order in a single file when I start so I don't overlook or lose things as I work. But I can handle an exception or two....)

Thanks, Todd
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/qualitystreet_arthur_1.mp3
(running time 1:26)

Hi, I've edited: link above. Let me know if this will do at all.

Cheers,

Tavie.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

EikyTavie wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/qualitystreet_arthur_1.mp3
(running time 1:26)

Hi, I've edited: link above. Let me know if this will do at all.

Cheers,

Tavie.
Perfect, thanks!
Annada

Post by Annada »

Charlotte act 2 is done:
http://uploads.librivox.org/toddhw/qualitystreet_%5bmisscharlotteparratt%5d_%5b2%5d.mp3 (0:53)

(the link only works like this, not directly from the uploader don't know why, but hope it works anyway)