[COMPLETE] Enterprise of the Mayflower by A. Macdonell-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

Whoops! I may have jumped the gun a bit. I've uploaded a recording already. This was just a quick go using a laptop microphone. I can re-record no problem at all.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Well, since you've already recorded it, you can post the link to your recording in this thread (--I'm unable to listen to it without the link--) and I can check it like a 1-Minute test. You may have to re-record it, but we'll see. Or you can just upload a 1-Minute test and post the link to it in Listeners & Editors Wanted.

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Robert Cushman, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. If you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know. :)

And please don't record any songs just yet. The tune files for you to listen to are not quite ready.
RecordingPerson

Thank you. I've uploaded a one minute test to the suggested forum.

That's just a quick recording done using my laptop microphone in a quiet room at home. I can record at much higher quality than that. The problem I have for a one minute test is that I have access to a lot of microphones and studios. Though, for spoken word I typically just use a stage microphone in a quiet room at home.

The one minute test should be a minimum quality recording from me. Any other variation should be better quality.

I've just noticed that in my reading that I uploaded, that I didn't record the web address for, that I say 'Read by ReadingPerson' when I meant to say 'Read by RecordingPerson'. so, I have to do it again in any case.

Unfortunately I won't be able to help with the singing. I can't sing. I don't even have an interesting characterful 'non-singer' voice. I just sound bad and boring.
Last edited by RecordingPerson on May 18th, 2017, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I have OK'ed your 1-Minute test (nice job!!), so feel free to start! :)
RecordingPerson

Here is a first attempt. Some of my words didn't come out right. I'm on the fence between thinking that the occasional forced word means I should record again, or that it suits the character complaining about things not going well and then withdrawing from the trip lest he 'become meat for the fishes'.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mayflower_cushman_act2.mp3
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

The Officer is PL OK! :thumbs: I think you did a great job, Esther!! :D
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

RecordingPerson wrote:Here is a first attempt. Some of my words didn't come out right. I'm on the fence between thinking that the occasional forced word means I should record again, or that it suits the character complaining about things not going well and then withdrawing from the trip lest he 'become meat for the fishes'.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mayflower_cushman_act2.mp3
Thank you! :) And I think it sounds fine. However, just a couple PL notes:

- Missing line @ 0:16: "Let him come."
- Misread line @1:05: "Maybe, Mistress Brewster, maybe I shall."
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Recording Person,

After listening to your recording, I just wanted to let you that volunteers in the UK are unable to help with this project because of copyright laws. If this applies to you, you won't be able to read for this project, unfortunately. :sad:
RecordingPerson

Ah, I'm in the UK. Sorry about that.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Darn. :? But maybe I'll see you around in other projects? :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

All the tunes for the songs are uploaded, so feel free to record any of the songs now!
tbwatkins89

Post by tbwatkins89 »

Twinkle,

I would love to read and sing and give Master John Billington a try! :)

Thanks again for the invite.

Thanks,
Tim Watkins
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Yay!! :clap: Thank you so much, Tim! :9:
I'll sign you up, and please let me know if you have any questions. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Roger has claimed Robert Cushman (thank you!!).
Roger

Post by Roger »

Just checking in. I'm glad to take the role of Cushman! :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"