COMPLETE Little Men by Louisa May Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Little Men by Louisa May Alcott (1832 - 1888)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/little-men-3-by-louisa-may-alcott/
Jo March's dreams of opening a home for boys comes true as she finds herself the mistress of Plumfield, a boarding school for children -- who have all stumbled in from various backgrounds. When new students arrive at her doorstep, they bring their own sets of troubles with them, such as dishonesty, disobedience, and naughty shenanigans. However, Mrs. Jo, alongside her steady husband, Fritz, uniquely guides each child along to the path to adulthood, inspiring him to become the best he can be. Likewise, though the couple is faced with frequent heartache and even unexpected tragedy, their children never cease to amaze them and fill their home with joy. (Summary by Twinkle)
All roles will be gender neutral, except where noted in the MW. Please read ONLY from the script links in the MW!

MC: MaryAnnSpiegel
BC: Twinkle88
DPL: Elizabby
Parts PL: BookAngel7
Narrator: stoogeswoman
Editors: AdeledePignerolles, fiddlesticks, MrsHand, Twinkle88

1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two-month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here:
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (and include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during, and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (only for the DPL!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2788
    Please read from the Text Links in the Magic Window - scroll down past the character listings!
    *Please take a quick look over the Pronunciation Guide before beginning to record.
  5. Please claim roles by section number (the numbers in the first column below).
    Please note: All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalog. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

*Submit one file per chapter.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3
    littlemen_##_[role].mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the two-digit chapter number. (e.g. littlemen_01_narrator.mp3)
  9. Transfer of files (completed recordings):
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.

Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  10. Any questions?
    Please post below.
Last edited by Twinkle88 on December 14th, 2017, 12:07 am, edited 26 times in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Here is the link to the list of characters and chapter commitments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BwKDyMrqKjQNHcSg9FEGEeSgu2PBQI56kGve9FlrIUA/edit?usp=sharing

Brief character descriptions are included, but the Little Men Wiki page has more detailed descriptions, if anyone would like to take a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Men

The Narrator, Mrs. Jo, Nat, Daisy, and Franz are claimed, but all other roles are open wide! Still looking for a DPL, as well!

*And, yes, there are animals. :mrgreen: Anyone good at making animal noises? :wink: (That would NOT be me... :shock: )
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Teddy Bhaer (--Haha! That Louisa had a sense of humor!) has been claimed by SuperCoconut. (Thanks!!) :)
LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

Could I claim Demi?
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
zwergwolf

Post by zwergwolf »

Twinkle, I'd be glad to take Daisy, if you think that could fit for me :)
Gaby

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again - C.S. Lewis -
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

If you need a Dan, well, I'm your man. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Twinkle! I can DPL for you, and I can read for any of Meg Brooke, Asia or Nursey Hummel, whichever you need most!
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Looks like all the main parts are full, so I'll take Emil!
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Twinkle,
Happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up
MaryAnn
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Checking in. :)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

I'm in as Narrator!

(Hope we can get Aaron to do one of the boy parts ! )
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Hooray! (jumping up and down) Could I play Nan please? :) I can also help with animal talking/noises too if you want. Check out my "Chee chee" in the Dr. Doolittle DR if you want a sample of the extreme. ;)
Last edited by AdeledePignerolles on October 29th, 2016, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

(jumps up and down in excitement, which will put this thread on my list of posts :D)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Oh, and could EddySherman play Tommy? :)
Adele

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

I'm interested in playing a part, but I haven't read this book in a really, really long time. Could you maybe assign me something (almost anything is okay)? :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides