[COMPLETE] Phoenix and Carpet, E. Nesbit - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks folks! Exciting to be getting close to the end!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

PL fantastic! :clap: I especially liked the part where all the children were talking at once - neat editing! :thumbs:

Can I just ask if you (and Arielle) prefer the MP3 or the FLAC files? I'm about to upload another chapter of narration and I can do either format, but it is my understanding that FLAC files are higher resolution and better for editing? Which was this? (The MW has the FLAC file, if you used that link.)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I've heard that FLAC files are better for editing because MP3s lose a bit of quality every time they are imported and exported, but I've never noticed a huge difference. The one thing I don't like about FLACs is that you can only listen to them in Audacity so PL'ing needs a couple extra steps but that doesn't matter when I'm editing, so I really don't care. (This chapter used the FLAC file which was in the MW. :))
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Rachel,
SweetPea wrote:[...] The one thing I don't like about FLACs is that you can only listen to them in Audacity [...]
VLC media player reads flac files.

Happy New Year!
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks ezwa, I didn't know that! I've been downloading the FLAC files, then opening them in Audacity - if there's an easier way I'm glad to know about it!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cyril Ch 7 is PL OK - I love the expression in your voice in this chapter, especially when you say "The Phoenix!" on discovering him at home to let you all in. These chapters are fairly short, so I think the last few will go quickly. I've just recorded the narration for Chapter 7 myself, so that one will be ready to edit soon!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The Burglar has been orphaned after the reader has not responded to PM.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 7 narration is now in the MW, and Chapter 7 is now Ready to Edit! :mrgreen:

Arielle, just two notes for you:
- this file is FLAC, as I understand these are higher quality, but I can also upload the MP3 version of the same file if that's what you would prefer.
- we are now doing a standard 5 seconds of silence at the end of all files, regardless of length, so that's what I've left at the end of this file even though I suspect the final edited version will be more than 30mins.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Elizabby wrote:The Burglar has been orphaned after the reader has not responded to PM.
I'll be able to read the burglar this month.

Thanks, Todd
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 5 is PL OK! Lovely natural conversational spacing between the children, and the singing in this section was really carried by ezwa! Good work everyone! I'm so excited to hear it all coming together!

The Chapter 7 narration is the last one that I'll be able to submit this week - I can still PL but I'll be away from my mic for the rest of the week.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

ToddHW wrote:
Elizabby wrote:The Burglar has been orphaned after the reader has not responded to PM.
I'll be able to read the burglar this month.

Thanks, Todd
Thanks to you too! This claim is now in the MW and we are FULL again!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Arielle and Todd! I'm back home today so will catch up on PLing soon!