[COMPLETE] Phoenix and Carpet, E. Nesbit - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Arielle! Beautifully edited together! :clap: (This is my favourite part - I love to hear all the parts being assembled into the final piece! :9: )
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Todd! This is PL OK - and well done with all the dialect in this section! It must have been tricky to read, but you've conveyed the sense of the lines perfectly! :thumbs:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Elizabby wrote:
Thanks Todd! This is PL OK - and well done with all the dialect in this section! It must have been tricky to read, but you've conveyed the sense of the lines perfectly! :thumbs:
My raw recording was over twice as long as the final files what with all the false starts. (Drop the h" here - whoops but need an "h" there; read "on" instead of "a", what is it I am trying to say here?!?) Thank goodness you and the world only 'arf ta 'ear ta results a throwin' way all ta worse mistakes.

Todd
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I know what you mean - I did a reading a while ago of some Hindu myths, and every second word was a name which I had to look up and say four times over to get it even vaguely close in pronunciation. The final version of course edited all that out, and the DPL said "wow, I can't believe you just rolled out all those names!" :shock: Because, of course, I didn't! :lol:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration for Chapter 8 is now in the MW - this chapter is only missing Cyril, and then it will be ready for editing!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phoenixandcarpet_08_narrator.flac
kianeg

Post by kianeg »

I'd like to claim the orphaned Usher, from chapter 11

Diane
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great, thanks! Please read the "crowd" lines in light red as well as the Usher (green) in the linked script.
kianeg

Post by kianeg »

here is the little orphaned usher part from chapter 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phoenixandcarpet_11_usher.mp3
(:44)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thank you! This is PL OK - very quickly and accurately read! :clap:

Can I interest you in a small part in our play "All for Love" (a Restoration era play in the style of Shakespeare but easier to understand) or if you want a larger part or something more modern I suggest looking at "Quality Street" by JM Barrie - the chocolates were named after the play!
kianeg

Post by kianeg »

thanks for the invite.... I'll take a look and see if anything catches my eye. I'm partial to children's works.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

In that case, maybe consider taking a look at my chapter book "child of the moat" which is the black link in my signature panel - written for a girl he rescued off the sinking Lusitania!

Also, keep an eye out for the next book in this trilogy, which will launch as soon as this one is completed.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cyril Chapter 8 is PL OK and Chapter 8 is ready to edit! Thanks Rachel!

EDIT: All the rest of Cyril is PL OK as well! Thanks so much! :clap: I'll put you on my PM list for when "Amulet" launches, which will be as soon as this one wraps up. I'd like to have the same four children voices again in that production, if possible...
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Wow, this project is about done!! :)
I've known for a while that the sound quality for Mrs. Biddle in Ch 4 is atrocious, so I was wondering if it would be alright with you, Beth, if I redid that? Only if you feel up to doing a little extra PLing -- and if Rachel's not quite ready to edit it. If I can't get it sent in before that (or if you don't want me to, period), I'll just forget about it -- no biggie.