[COMPLETE][PLAY] The Mikado by W.S.Gilbert- annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Chuck, this file is now PL OK! :thumbs: Maybe you just didn't wait long enough for the uploader to catch up - both files work fine for me!

Also, I've just finished listening to the final version of "Rollo's Wild Oat" - which was hilarious! I hope you decide to do more by this playwright!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That's it - we are now fully recorded and ready to edit! :9:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Elizabby wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 5:23 am Thanks Chuck, this file is now PL OK! :thumbs: Maybe you just didn't wait long enough for the uploader to catch up - both files work fine for me!

Also, I've just finished listening to the final version of "Rollo's Wild Oat" - which was hilarious! I hope you decide to do more by this playwright!
Thanks! :-) I'll probably do another Clare Kummer play soon. I really want to do "Be Calm, Camille!" soon, but decided to take a break since Rollo was such a time consuming project (I was doing all the editing and PL-ing while also taking on the lead role... eeps!). I'm also doing a short play from her in the one-act collection right now, but that hardly counts.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have some of the initial assembly done for this already, but of course with all of the choruses, it'll probably take quite a lot of grooming. It may be a week or so before I'm really able to focus on this in earnest.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I am starting to add in the parts I didn't already have. The chorus has as many as 7 or 8 voices together in some places, so here and there I'll be removing a few for sake of clarity. Still several to add in. I'm prioritizing this project over the other DR I'm working on at the moment, but this one will take much more patience. I think it'll be worth it when all's said and done.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Since editing will continue slowly, I'll post an update every now and then. All parts are cut together for Act 1, and I'm starting to groom and tweak the timing. I've only gotten to "Young man, despair" so far, but the chorus voices are so far coming together better than I could have thought possible! :9:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for the update! I've learnt something from my previous attempts at G&S! :roll: Making the templates for the chorus really helped to keep everyone together this time!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm up to "So please you, sir, we much regret." The chattering schoolgirls was fun to do!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

You'll be pleased to hear that Act 2 is usually much easier to edit than Act 1!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I seem to be missing a narrator line for act 1: "Enter Yum-Yum, Peep-Bo, and Pitti-Sing."

A separate file for this will be fine.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Getting very close. I've gotten to Katisha's entrance.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I expect to be able to finish editing Act 1 tomorrow.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Woohoo! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: August 16th, 2018, 4:27 pm I seem to be missing a narrator line for act 1: "Enter Yum-Yum, Peep-Bo, and Pitti-Sing."

A separate file for this will be fine.
I'd forgotten that I still don't have this. If you like, we may be able to do without, because the stage is already full of people anyway, so I don't think anyone will notice. It's just before "Ah, yes. He loves himself with passion tenderer still!" Anyway, I already used some of the girls' voices in the chorus immediately preceding this, before I realized they aren't on stage yet. :oops:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Maybe I'll have a listen without the narrator line and see how we go?