Almost done! Smoothing out the last bits as we speak... Er, type. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 1 is ready for PL! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I forgot to mention... I tried something... er, different... on the trio of Pish-Tush, Pooh-Bah, and Ko-Ko. It sounded great in my head, but I'm not quite sure I captured what I was trying for. If you don't like it, I can change it easily.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I like what you did with the trio! It works fine, and with only three people the words are still clear enough. Well done on this count with the finale, by the way! The interruptions work well! There are just two spots where bits need to be removed please:

1:31 - 1:37, the location of the action needs to be removed here (both Act 1 and Act 2) as it is repeated later at the start of the actual acts anyway.

28:54 the narration "kiss" can come out as we have the sound effect of the kiss already! The lyrics already have "I would kiss you fondly thus" so it sounds laborious to have the lyric, and the narration, and the sound effect as well!

28:49, 29:20, 29:30, can we do the same here? Remove the narrations and put in the kiss sound instead? The same one will do if necessary, and I think there's at least one each from Ava and Tomas, or I can provide some kiss sound effects if necessary!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll try to get to these edits tomorrow. Shouldn't be a problem, even though I have a couple of other things on the agenda.

I think that was the only kiss sound I had. I don't remember Tomas including one, though I could be wrong. I can see how it works if I use that same sound effect in multiple places, or perhaps we could ask Tomas to submit one or two kiss noises.

I haven't started editing for Act 2 yet. I wanted to wait for feedback on this one first, plus my own recording was falling behind and I wanted to get some of that done. But I think that next week, I'll get back to DR editing.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Or you could just record a kiss sound effect, or I could. I don't think kiss sounds are very gender-specific! ;)

If you are editing, and I think Act 2 is going to be a long job, perhaps finish up with Story of the Amulet first? That one only has two chapters to go and is also fully recorded. I've got a new project to launch after that one, but I'm not currently planning to follow this one with anything else.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Edits:

1:31 Locations removed. (Sorry. Thought I'd gotten that already.)

Kisses at 28:42, 28:46, 29:11, and 29:21

New length 46:03.

One thing I noticed, though, when cutting out the locations at the beginning, that I hadn't noticed before. We don't have a voice credit for Kathrine as the narrator. If both you and she are all right with that, this should hopefully be the last edit. But if she wants to submit a quick "Narrated by..." then I can easily add it in.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Missing a line from Yum-Yum:

"Oh, but he's married now."
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kathrine has confirmed that she doesn't want to submit a voice credit, so Act 1 is PL OK!

I'll PM Availle and ask her for that extra line if she doesn't see this comment.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

mightyfelix wrote: September 11th, 2018, 10:36 am Missing a line from Yum-Yum:

"Oh, but he's married now."
I'm sorry, didn't realize you were just waiting for me to wrap this up.... :oops:
I'll try to do it tonight. I'll have to listen to myself first too, no idea how "young" I am sounding here... :lol:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. Mostly waiting on me. Act 2 is still nowhere near ready, I've only just started pasting parts together.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here's the missing line for Yumyum:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mikado_gilbert_yumyum_missing.mp3

Actually it's three ;-) I couldn't find where it belonged in my file and thus couldn't match the tone, so I gave three slightly different versions. Hope this helps.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! I've added that in. Still will be awhile. I haven't had time to do much of anything LV this week. :roll: I'm hoping to be able to make some progress this evening.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Availle! No rush Devorah - I've just finished with Amulet and will be occupied launching Railway Children for the next week or so!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

As this project is fully recorded and very close to finishing, I've gone ahead and launched "The Gondoliers" if that would be of interest to anyone on this thread. The green link in my signature panel will take you straight there!