[COMPLETE][PLAY] The Mikado by W.S.Gilbert- annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

:?: Why apologise - you don't say you're responsible for the formatting? :P

I hope this will wrap up soon. Just let me know if you need anything more or else during editing.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
benderca

Post by benderca »

Good news! I just have some little teensy weensy wee mistakes to correct and then I'll be finished editing Katisha. (For example I said "teensy weensy" instead of "teeny weeny" -- oops :oops: ).

...but I should have her uploaded very soon.
benderca

Post by benderca »

And here is Katisha, Act 2.

For the final song with the "yum yum" and "dum dum" and such, I recorded it twice because I thought the first version may be too slow (in Katisha style). So if you need to coordinate with others, I have a faster version following it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mikado_katisha_2.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

So sorry that I seem to have missed this! I've checked it now and it is all PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks very much - especially for that hilarious sequence about "He did not love me, but he would have! I was educating his palate..." :D

The chorus sections are fine - one or the other version should fit, though actually as the chorus is singing this last song TO Katisha, she's probably the one voice that won't appear in the final chorus, if we have enough people.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:00 am So sorry that I seem to have missed this! I've checked it now and it is all PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks very much - especially for that hilarious sequence about "He did not love me, but he would have! I was educating his palate..." :D
Thanks! I loved that section too. Katisha is a fun character to play -- she ranges from tragic to comedic... :lol:
Elizabby wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:00 am The chorus sections are fine - one or the other version should fit, though actually as the chorus is singing this last song TO Katisha, she's probably the one voice that won't appear in the final chorus, if we have enough people.
I would have thought so too, but in the Australian version I watched on YouTube, Katisha sang that last section -- she seemed to have reconciled herself to the new arrangement -- she did find another husband, after all... :D

In the second, faster version, I used a bit higher (not-so-Katisha) voice, if you want to use it as one of the chorus (or not -- see what works).

Thanks for doing this project -- this is a mighty task to take on!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Well, I have my editor to thank! Devorah is doing the work of putting it all together! :9:

Once this one is done, I'm considering doing "Gondoliers" next - that one has some funny stuff with the two husbands and three wives...
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Beth,

Here are Nanki-Poo's sections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mikado_nankipoo_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mikado_nankipoo_2.mp3

I recorded many 'All' lines, as well, but probably too many (it was hard to tell if/when my character was on stage). You can use them or discard them if needed. Hope this will bring the play to a close (unless the male choruses are still necessary). :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I notice nothing has been done with my files yet, which is fine. I just want to inform the DPL that I'll be leaving the country soon and won't be able to record until the second week of July. That means any PL notes I receive will have to wait until then. As I expressly prioritized this project before my vacation, I'd hoped it would be OK'ed before my departure, but if that won't be possible, then there's no worries. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Tomas. I went to go add this in the MW so at least it would be marked ready for PL, but turns out I actually don't have access to this MW, even though I thought I had. :hmm: I guess that's a sign that I'm managing too many projects! :lol:

Also, Beth, I just noticed that your lines have been ready for PL for quite some time now. As you're DPL, am I PLing your lines? We may have discussed this before, but I don't remember.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Anne, can Devorah have MW access for editing please?

Devorah, as the editor it's up to you - you can PL the lines ahead if you like (I'm pretty sure they are all there!) or you can edit straight in and if there are any corrections I'll supply them. I'll be PLing the final version anyway so I'll notice if there are any Pitti-Sing lines missing!

I'll post a reminder in the DW Orphans thread to see if we can fill up those last two male chorus parts and finish this project off!
Last edited by Elizabby on July 5th, 2018, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've given her your PLing spot so it should work now , we'll just need to remember to make it what you want when we calalogue

Anne
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Can I take Male Chorus A?
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ChuckW wrote: July 6th, 2018, 6:28 am Can I take Male Chorus A?
Yay, our second-to-last reader!

Thanks for letting me in the MW, Anne. I went ahead and assigned this. :)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2018, 7:45 am
ChuckW wrote: July 6th, 2018, 6:28 am Can I take Male Chorus A?
Yay, our second-to-last reader!

Thanks for letting me in the MW, Anne. I went ahead and assigned this. :)
So do I just read every first line by the chorus or both?
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ChuckW wrote: July 8th, 2018, 8:21 am So do I just read every first line by the chorus or both?
I believe what we want is both Chorus members speaking together, every time it says chorus. So you'd read the whole thing, not just the first line. But I may be misunderstanding. You can wait for Beth's reply, if you like, to be sure. She's probably sleeping now.