COMPLETE [Dram Read] The Teacup Club by Eliza Armstrong - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vickihib

Post by vickihib »

Here's chapter 12 again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/teacupclub_marion_12_128kb.mp3 (2:51)

Hopefully it's ok. I've had loads of problems recording it. I'm using the same mic and noise thingy in front as before, although positioning it to the side to avoid plosions. I'm also recording in the same room. However no matter what I did the sound quality didn't seem as good as before (much more echoey etc).
wib66

Post by wib66 »

vickihib wrote: January 12th, 2018, 5:01 am Here's chapter 12 again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/teacupclub_marion_12_128kb.mp3 (2:51)

Hopefully it's ok. I've had loads of problems recording it. I'm using the same mic and noise thingy in front as before, although positioning it to the side to avoid plosions. I'm also recording in the same room. However no matter what I did the sound quality didn't seem as good as before (much more echoey etc).
thats great thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I am now working on editing this together so I can get it in the catalogue. I have been away for a while but will hopefully get this done soon.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm still here, whenever you want me to PL anything!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Elizabby wrote: January 15th, 2018, 4:27 pm I'm still here, whenever you want me to PL anything!
thats great thank you
Michele
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

How's things coming with this?
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

KiltedDragon wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 10:55 am How's things coming with this?
Sorry been delayed with work etc. Will get to this over the next week and get it in the catalogue thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I have edited the first four chapters its getting there finally.
Michele
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Lovely! Did you want me to PL them? I can't see any links...
wib66

Post by wib66 »

the first four chapters are now edited and in the MW is someone able to PL them for me please.
Michele
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes, definitely! Today and tomorrow!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

PL note for Chapter 2:

@2:14 the start of the word "Yes" appears to have been chopped off in editing? (Unless it was wrong in the file, I didn't check.)

PL comments for Chapter 1 - these are optional, it depends on how fussy you want to be.

- is there no voice credit for Lydia or Vicki? I think you read their voice credits in the DP. This means that the first time they speak their voices are not identified. I presume there is no voice credit or you would have put it in already, but the other solution would be to have the narration identify them the first time they speak. I can give you "said the girl with the eyeglasses" etc, if you don't already have it.

- Leanne's lines are significantly softer than everyone else, and as she speaks very fast as well, this makes her lines difficult to understand. This is something to be aware of for the rest of the files, but I would suggest amplifying at least her first couple of speeches in Chapter 1.

I've marked Chapter 1 PL notes, but if you decide not to change either of these things just switch it to PL OK - the text was all fine and I think the light narration style works fine in a DR!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapters 3 and 4 are PL OK!
linny

Post by linny »

I just finished up with another project so if you need help with editing I have some time.
linny

Post by linny »

Michele replied via pm and would like some editing help here. I’ll get started soon. :clap: