COMPLETE The Broken Heart by John Ford - maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Leanne has graciously volunteered to do this. We're back in business!
hurray !! I'm happy we have Leanne :9: so did you tell the other two, they don't have to do it anymore ?

We'll finish this play, come what may ! :mrgreen:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Leanne has graciously volunteered to do this. We're back in business!
hurray !! I'm happy we have Leanne :9: so did you tell the other two, they don't have to do it anymore ?

We'll finish this play, come what may ! :mrgreen:

Sonia
Yup, all taken care of.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Just an FYI: I'm posting rough edits of Acts III and IV to the MW. Don't bother listening to them. They're mostly just there in case something dire happens to me before we get the last two audio files. :-P Once we get the rest of Ithocles, I'll insert his dialogue and post the finished file.

But yeah... please don't bother listening to my rough edits.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
StuartP

Post by StuartP »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Stuart, every line is in. In the beginning, I thought Ithocles' whining self-pity a bit unbearable on the long run LOL I thought, get a grip, man. :lol: Why does he wallow in self-pity when it's his sister that has such a ruined life ? But it's excellently characterized I find :thumbs: And as soon as Bassanes enters, he switches back into macho-mode 8-)

I have to make a note here though:

> from 3:41-4:48: the tone changes abruptly, suddenly it's not as loud anymore, almost muffled. Are you maybe talking with your head turned away from microphone ? You always have to speak towards the microphone to keep the same quality of tone.

After 4:48 the tone is back to normal and clear, but around 5:19 it shortly switches back again.

Don't do anything for the moment, but I have to ask Chuck here: can we use these lines if you amplify them or does Stuart have to re-do them ? :hmm:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
thank you Stuart, every line is in. In the beginning, I thought Ithocles' whining self-pity a bit unbearable on the long run LOL I thought, get a grip, man. :lol: Why does he wallow in self-pity when it's his sister that has such a ruined life ? But it's excellently characterized I find :thumbs: And as soon as Bassanes enters, he switches back into macho-mode 8-)

I have to make a note here though:

> from 3:41-4:48: the tone changes abruptly, suddenly it's not as loud anymore, almost muffled. Are you maybe talking with your head turned away from microphone ? You always have to speak towards the microphone to keep the same quality of tone.

After 4:48 the tone is back to normal and clear, but around 5:19 it shortly switches back again.

Don't do anything for the moment, but I have to ask Chuck here: can we use these lines if you amplify them or does Stuart have to re-do them ? :hmm:

Sonia
The drop isn't super noticeable -- I suspect that section was performed at a different time than the rest (or perhaps in a different room, with drastically different acoustics?). I'm inclined to keep them, personally. I can boost the audio and fiddle around with it in post... and honestly, the performance is of such a high calibre that I hate the thought of dumping these line readings. I'll just leave a note for myself to make some alterations in post; it shouldn't be a problem at all!

Another great reading, Stuart! Thanks!
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:the performance is of such a high calibre that I hate the thought of dumping these line readings. I'll just leave a note for myself to make some alterations in post; it shouldn't be a problem at all!
yes that's true, I was thinking that as well, but wanted a second opinion about the usability of the audio quality. Good, we keep it then, I mark it PL ok.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/brokenheart_3_ford_128kb.mp3 [36:25]

We are one step closer to finishing this play up!
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act 3 sounds great. 2 songs in there which are really cool. Well, apart from Catrose's small deviations from the text, which we decided not to change at this stage anymore, all the rest is excellently coming together.

Here are only 3 notes for you consideration, maybe you want to change them, if not, it's probably also ok as it is:

> the volume is a bit over the limit with 92.1 dB

> barely 0.5 seconds at the beginning

> at 1205-12:13: the pauses here are a it too long for my taste especially between princess and the king's daughter
They are not. — Peace!
Calantha is — the princess — the king’s daughter —
Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:Act 3 sounds great. 2 songs in there which are really cool. Well, apart from Catrose's small deviations from the text, which we decided not to change at this stage anymore, all the rest is excellently coming together.

Here are only 3 notes for you consideration, maybe you want to change them, if not, it's probably also ok as it is:

> the volume is a bit over the limit with 92.1 dB

> barely 0.5 seconds at the beginning

> at 1205-12:13: the pauses here are a it too long for my taste especially between princess and the king's daughter
They are not. — Peace!
Calantha is — the princess — the king’s daughter —
Sonia
Thanks! I'll get to these changes tonight; I'm about 1/3 of the way through the Act IV rough edit.

Now that we're nearing the end of this, I'm actually having a hard time keeping myself from launching my next dramatic project (either of the titles listed below). Being patient is... obviously a little difficult. :-P
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TO ALL VOLUNTEERS IN ACT VI, SCENE 3:

Alright, so I'm in the middle of editing Act IV and noticed another "ALL" line that everyone missed. Would any of the volunteers appearing in Act IV (aside from Amyclas) mind recording this line?

The gods preserve ye!

I already have WiltedScribe's, but could use two or three more to flesh the scene out.
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Alright, so I'm in the middle of editing Act IV and noticed another "ALL" line that everyone missed.
:? will this never end ?

Well, I checked all the voices we need for that scene, here they are:

Armostes, Crotolon, Calantha, Ithocles, Prophilus, Orgilus, Euphranea, Hemophil, Groneas

I wrote a PM to all of those readers, if we get some three or four replies, then we're all set for a crowd.

Here's already my bit, Calantha, sounding less tinny than before because by now I have a way better microphone LOL

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/brokenheart_calantha-all_4.mp3

I create new slots in the MW each time we receive a new file, so they are all together in one slot. Calantha is already in.

Sonia
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi guys,

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/brokenheart_hemophil_godspreserveye.mp3

Here's mine - I had some time this morning anyway, only had to wait until the Sunday morning church bells had stopped ringing... I've left in 3 versions, so you can pick which you want, or use multiple ones if you don't get enough response.
Anna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks so much Anna !!!! One more in :9:

updating MW...

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: :? will this never end ?

Well, I checked all the voices we need for that scene, here they are:

Armostes, Crotolon, Calantha, Ithocles, Prophilus, Orgilus, Euphranea, Hemophil, Groneas

I wrote a PM to all of those readers, if we get some three or four replies, then we're all set for a crowd.

Here's already my bit, Calantha, sounding less tinny than before because by now I have a way better microphone LOL

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/brokenheart_calantha-all_4.mp3

I create new slots in the MW each time we receive a new file, so they are all together in one slot. Calantha is already in.

Sonia
Well, if it helps, Act IV is essentially done, aside from StuartP's lines. As soon as I get those, this whole thing will be finished! :-) So... yay? Only took a year and some change to get this into the catalogue. ;-)

Thanks for the file... and for PMing everyone. I suspect some of these volunteers left Librivox long ago, but we might have some luck.
lezer wrote:Hi guys,

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/brokenheart_hemophil_godspreserveye.mp3

Here's mine - I had some time this morning anyway, only had to wait until the Sunday morning church bells had stopped ringing... I've left in 3 versions, so you can pick which you want, or use multiple ones if you don't get enough response.
Thanks! I'll insert this into the file whenever I get a chance. :-)
PROJECTS