COMPLETE The Broken Heart by John Ford - maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Something to tide you over while we wait for the missing line...

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/brokenheart_2_ford_128kb.mp3 [28:26]
excellent act !!! Only problem is that Charlotte (the previous BC) as Penthea has quite a lot of small deviations from the text :? which should have been caught in the first round of PLing, but now it's too late, as the reader hasn't been active for quite some time. I would opt for leaving it like that then. Most of them wouldn't change the meaning anyway. Are you ok with that Chuck ?

All the others are spot-on. I'll mark it PL ok.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Something to tide you over while we wait for the missing line...

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/brokenheart_2_ford_128kb.mp3 [28:26]
excellent act !!! Only problem is that Charlotte (the previous BC) as Penthea has quite a lot of small deviations from the text :? which should have been caught in the first round of PLing, but now it's too late, as the reader hasn't been active for quite some time. I would opt for leaving it like that then. Most of them wouldn't change the meaning anyway. Are you ok with that Chuck ?

All the others are spot-on. I'll mark it PL ok.

Sonia
Yes, I concur 100%. Glad to have this one in the bag.

Now I'm going to go back into LV hibernation until I'm needed again. :-P
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Now I'm going to go back into LV hibernation until I'm needed again. :-P
don't forget the Bravo !!! he is needed :mrgreen:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks a bunch Leanne, for the speedy correction. It's PL ok of course.

Chuck, I'll put the link in the MW right underneath Act 1 so you find them

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Thanks Leanne! :-)

I just re-uploaded the revised Act I. I tried to eliminate all the clicks and background noise, but some (like the bird sounds) couldn't come out without seriously truncating important line readings. But otherwise, this should be good to go.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:I just re-uploaded the revised Act I. I tried to eliminate all the clicks and background noise, but some (like the bird sounds) couldn't come out without seriously truncating important line readings. But otherwise, this should be good to go.
did you forget to upload it ? I just downloaded from the MW and it's the same act, without any corrections :hmm:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:I just re-uploaded the revised Act I. I tried to eliminate all the clicks and background noise, but some (like the bird sounds) couldn't come out without seriously truncating important line readings. But otherwise, this should be good to go.
did you forget to upload it ? I just downloaded from the MW and it's the same act, without any corrections :hmm:

Sonia
Hmm. Maybe I uploaded it in the wrong place? Try it again.
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Hmm. Maybe I uploaded it in the wrong place? Try it again.
ok yes, now it's the right one, I heard Leanne's new sentence in it. I managed to cut out two more clicks ;) so I re-uploaded it a third time LOL now it's PL ok.

Only two more acts and we're done, wo-hooo :clap:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Hmm. Maybe I uploaded it in the wrong place? Try it again.
ok yes, now it's the right one, I heard Leanne's new sentence in it. I managed to cut out two more clicks ;) so I re-uploaded it a third time LOL now it's PL ok.

Only two more acts and we're done, wo-hooo :clap:

Sonia
Woohooooooo!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait to get this into the catalogue!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Another question/minor dilemma, Kitty... did we ever find someone to record the song in Act III? I'm doing a rough edit right now and can't find that sound file. Act IV's song is easy enough to find, but not III. Do you know where it is? Or do we need to find a replacement?
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Another question/minor dilemma, Kitty... did we ever find someone to record the song in Act III? I'm doing a rough edit right now and can't find that sound file. Act IV's song is easy enough to find, but not III. Do you know where it is? Or do we need to find a replacement?
:? I remember we talked about it being Penthea's song, but since Cat is AWOL...we need a replacement. No I think it never actually got done.

Who else could be in that room waking up Ithocles ? One of the maids I suppose, so we need to PM Euphranea, Cristalla or Philema. One of them might be able to do the song for us in a quick turn around.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Another question/minor dilemma, Kitty... did we ever find someone to record the song in Act III? I'm doing a rough edit right now and can't find that sound file. Act IV's song is easy enough to find, but not III. Do you know where it is? Or do we need to find a replacement?
:? I remember we talked about it being Penthea's song, but since Cat is AWOL...we need a replacement. No I think it never actually got done.

Who else could be in that room waking up Ithocles ? One of the maids I suppose, so we need to PM Euphranea, Cristalla or Philema. One of them might be able to do the song for us in a quick turn around.

Sonia
Graaaaaarrrrrggggh!

This project is CURSED.

:-)

I just PM-ed all three of them. With any luck, we should get this recorded soon. (No rush, of course. That is, until Ithocles' lines come in, anyway...)
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Graaaaaarrrrrggggh!

This project is CURSED.
at the least "jinxed", I agree
I just PM-ed all three of them. With any luck, we should get this recorded soon.
did you at least make clear that they should tell you first, not that they do the song all three of them and then two will have worked in vain :( that wouldn't be fair.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Graaaaaarrrrrggggh!

This project is CURSED.
at the least "jinxed", I agree
I just PM-ed all three of them. With any luck, we should get this recorded soon.
did you at least make clear that they should tell you first, not that they do the song all three of them and then two will have worked in vain :( that wouldn't be fair.

Sonia
Leanne has graciously volunteered to do this. We're back in business!
PROJECTS