FULL The Spanish Brothers by Deborah Alcock -rap

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12037
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 29th, 2016, 12:02 pm

And here are three more, since they were so short, it was quite easily done. I'm getting into character now. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_07.mp3
Recording time: 0:44 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_08.mp3
Recording time: 0:34 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_09.mp3
Recording time: 2:03 min.

Sonia

Salvationist
Posts: 447
Joined: December 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm
Location: North America

Post by Salvationist » January 29th, 2016, 1:04 pm

May I also read Section 168 - Herrera? If so, should I actually whisper the lines?
Salvationist

AdeledePignerolles
Posts: 3667
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Location: Arrethtrae

Post by AdeledePignerolles » January 29th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Kitty wrote:And here are three more, since they were so short, it was quite easily done. I'm getting into character now. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_07.mp3
Recording time: 0:44 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_08.mp3
Recording time: 0:34 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_09.mp3
Recording time: 2:03 min.

Sonia
Thanks so much! All of Dolores are PL OK! They sound fabulous!
Salvationist wrote:May I also read Section 168 - Herrera? If so, should I actually whisper the lines?
Certainly you may! You as the reader decide how much to make it 'dramatic'. I like dramatic, but whatever you want to do is fine. :)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12037
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 30th, 2016, 12:32 pm

AdeledePignerolles wrote:Thanks so much! All of Dolores are PL OK! They sound fabulous!
Thank you ! :D

Here is a longer chapter now...recording time: 10:50 min.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_10.mp3

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12037
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 30th, 2016, 1:33 pm

and here are two more chapters...almost done

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_11.mp3
recording time: 0:32 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_38.mp3
recording time: 3:50 min.

Oh and in chapter 38, I found a part colour-coded for Dolores, but it should be Carlos reading it:
"'Some fell upon stony places,'" he read, "'where they had not much earth; and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: and when the sun was up, they were scorched; and, because they had no root, they withered away.' There," he said within himself, "in those words is written the history of my life, from the day my brother confessed his faith to me in the garden of San Isodro. God help me, and forgive my backsliding! But at least it is not too late to go humbly back to the beginning, and to ask him who alone can do it to break up the fallow ground."
Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12037
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 30th, 2016, 2:05 pm

...and since I was on a roll, here the two last chapters for Dolores.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_46.mp3
recording time: 1:11 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_dolores_49.mp3
recording time: 0:30 min.

That concludes my work in this project, if the files are all ok. Looking forward to the finished book. :)

Sonia

AdeledePignerolles
Posts: 3667
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Location: Arrethtrae

Post by AdeledePignerolles » January 30th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Thanks so much!! Dolores is all PL OK! I love the way you did her. I can't wait for it to be finished either! :)

Salvationist
Posts: 447
Joined: December 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm
Location: North America

Post by Salvationist » January 31st, 2016, 3:03 pm

Here's Herrera: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_herrera_40.mp3 It's 27 seconds long. I whispered the lines, which may make the volume wonky. Please let me know if there are any issues.
Salvationist

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12037
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 31st, 2016, 3:17 pm

AdeledePignerolles wrote:Thanks so much!! Dolores is all PL OK! I love the way you did her. I can't wait for it to be finished either! :)
Thanks :) I was thinking a bit about how she should sound before I actually started recording. Helped me keep up the character throughout the chapters.

Did you notice my comment for the wrong colour-coding in chapter 38 ?

Sonia

AdeledePignerolles
Posts: 3667
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Location: Arrethtrae

Post by AdeledePignerolles » January 31st, 2016, 6:28 pm

Salvationist wrote:Here's Herrera: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_herrera_40.mp3 It's 27 seconds long. I whispered the lines, which may make the volume wonky. Please let me know if there are any issues.
Thanks! I'll PL soon. An interesting fact about editing--if a part gets whispered or yelled (or something other than normal talking) you can amplify it or deamplify it when it all gets put together and it still sounds like it was originally read. :)
Kitty wrote:
AdeledePignerolles wrote:Thanks so much!! Dolores is all PL OK! I love the way you did her. I can't wait for it to be finished either! :)
Thanks :) I was thinking a bit about how she should sound before I actually started recording. Helped me keep up the character throughout the chapters.

Did you notice my comment for the wrong colour-coding in chapter 38 ?

Sonia
Yes, I did, sorry! I fixed it but forgot to say. If you'd like you're welcome to a part on my other DR, Ben Hur. :) Thanks!

AdeledePignerolles
Posts: 3667
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Location: Arrethtrae

Post by AdeledePignerolles » February 1st, 2016, 6:43 am

Herrera is PL OK! Thanks so much! :)

Salvationist
Posts: 447
Joined: December 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm
Location: North America

Post by Salvationist » February 1st, 2016, 8:37 pm

May I also read Section 159 - God's messenger?
Salvationist

AdeledePignerolles
Posts: 3667
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Location: Arrethtrae

Post by AdeledePignerolles » February 2nd, 2016, 7:20 am

Salvationist wrote:May I also read Section 159 - God's messenger?
Certainly! Thank you so much! :)

Salvationist
Posts: 447
Joined: December 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm
Location: North America

Post by Salvationist » February 2nd, 2016, 3:37 pm

Salvationist

AdeledePignerolles
Posts: 3667
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Location: Arrethtrae

Post by AdeledePignerolles » February 2nd, 2016, 5:38 pm

Salvationist wrote:Here's God's messenger: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_godsmessenger_43.mp3 It's 14 seconds long.
Thank you! It's PL OK! :)

Post Reply