COMPLETE The Spanish Brothers by Deborah Alcock -rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

The Spanish Brothers by Deborah Alcock (1835 - 1913).

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue https://librivox.org/the-spanish-brothers-dramatic-reading-by-deborah-alcock/

Juan and Carlos Menaya have longed to find their father ever since they were little. Their dream starts to get lost, though, as they grow up and go separate ways. Juan goes off to war and falls under the influence of a Huguenot prisoner while Carlos becomes a monk and begins to discover the Bible for himself. (summary may be changed before cataloging) ( Adele de Pignerolles)
Narrator: Adele de Pignerolles
PL (parts): Adele de Pignerolles
Editor: Adele de Pignerolles
PL (finished chapters): Rapunzelina

Casting will be gender neutral except where otherwise noted in the MW.
(Carlos, Juan, Juan and Carlos' Father, and the prior are specific; all others are neutral.)
    1. Is there a deadline?
      We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
      To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    3. New to recording?
      Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/40346
    5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ============================================
      Genres for the project: Historical Fiction; Dramatic Readings; Religious Fiction/Christian Fiction
      Keywords that describe the book: Spain, Inquisition, spanish inquisition, torquemada, dominicans, 1500s
      ============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
    7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
      At the beginning: Chapter [#] of The Spanish Brothers by Deborah Alcock. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Chapter [#].
      At the end of the book (in addition): End of The Spanish Brothers by Deborah Alcock.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Save files as 128 kbps MP3
      spanishbrothers_[role]_[#].mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the chapter number.

Filename for finished chapters: spanishbrothers_##_alcock_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the chapter number (e.g. spanishbrothers_01_alcock_128kb.mp3
    9. Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Adele

Here's the scripts and the DP for anyone who wants to look at them. I will be accepting claims before the MW's up. :) Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KKuUCp_P_E0m-h26r9zaqdTgbqBZ1zclul3pTyzoZ_c/edit?usp=sharing
Adele

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

May I please be Beatriz?
Thanks! :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
AdeledePignerolles

EstherbenSimonides wrote:May I please be Beatriz?
Certainly, thanks! :)
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Could I read Inez? Or whoever you think would suit me. :)

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I might read the Proverbs for you - how about that?

EDIT: And I'd like to read an Inquisitor too please. There's one in Chapter 45.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Let me MC! I'll set you up with a Magic Window.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

MW is in place! You can add more sections if you need them, and if on the other hand, there are more sections than needed, I can delete them!

I can be the PL for the finished chapters if you need that :)

And just to make sure: As the narrator you will make new recordings and not use the ones from last year's group project, right? Because, of course multiple versions of a book are very welcome, but, of course they need to be different recordings :mrgreen:
AdeledePignerolles

SweetPea wrote:Could I read Inez? Or whoever you think would suit me. :)

Certainly! Thanks! :)
Elizabby wrote:I might read the Proverbs for you - how about that?

EDIT: And I'd like to read an Inquisitor too please. There's one in Chapter 45.
Thank you!
Rapunzelina wrote:MW is in place! You can add more sections if you need them, and if on the other hand, there are more sections than needed, I can delete them!

I can be the PL for the finished chapters if you need that :)

And just to make sure: As the narrator you will make new recordings and not use the ones from last year's group project, right? Because, of course multiple versions of a book are very welcome, but, of course they need to be different recordings :mrgreen:
Thank you so much! I do need a PL for the finished chapters, thanks! Yes, I'll absolutely be recording new narrator files--I don't even want to think about how horrible the sound quality was in some of those! ;) I'll fill out the MW as soon as possible. :D
Adele

Post by Kitty »

I don't know this book at all, but it sounds interesting. May I read the role of Dolores please, if it's not yet taken ?

Do we read all the names in their Spanish pronunciation ? Just so I know and be consistent with other readings.

Sonia
AdeledePignerolles

Kitty wrote:I don't know this book at all, but it sounds interesting. May I read the role of Dolores please, if it's not yet taken ?

Do we read all the names in their Spanish pronunciation ? Just so I know and be consistent with other readings.

Sonia
Certainly! Thanks so much! About the Spanish--if you want to do Spanish pronunciation or accents that's great, but if not don't worry about it. :)
Adele

Post by Kitty »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:Certainly! Thanks so much! About the Spanish--if you want to do Spanish pronunciation or accents that's great, but if not don't worry about it. :)
I think I can get most of the pronunciations of the names right. But I was wondering if it was silly if others use different pronunciations. I thought maybe you wanted them all be called the same throughout the play. But ok, I do my best :) Waiting for the other scripts before I start. I have another project to finish first anyway.

Thanks for letting me partake. :)

Sonia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:I do need a PL for the finished chapters, thanks!
I've added my name to your list for "PL (finished chapters)" :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

And we are now in Readers Wanted!
AdeledePignerolles

Rapunzelina wrote:And we are now in Readers Wanted!
Thank you! :)
Kitty wrote:
AdeledePignerolles wrote:Certainly! Thanks so much! About the Spanish--if you want to do Spanish pronunciation or accents that's great, but if not don't worry about it. :)
I think I can get most of the pronunciations of the names right. But I was wondering if it was silly if others use different pronunciations. I thought maybe you wanted them all be called the same throughout the play. But ok, I do my best :) Waiting for the other scripts before I start. I have another project to finish first anyway.

Thanks for letting me partake. :)

Sonia
No problem! Don't worry about trying to match pronunciations--I don't think there are any names that are controversial or strange in pronunciation. The scripts are all up now, but let me know if there's any problems (scripts linked to the wrong chapters etc.) Thanks!
Adele