Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Chapters 31 and 48 are PL OK! :D
Adele

Post by annise »

:9:
Dani251

Post by Dani251 »

Hi there,
I'm new to Librivox but am very keen to contribute and Oliver is a huge favourite of mine! I see that most parts are allocated, but is there any parts left I could read?
Many thanks :)
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Dani251 wrote:Hi there,
I see that most parts are allocated, but is there any parts left I could read?
Many thanks :)
When the topic title starts with "FULL" (as in "FULL [DRAM.READ] Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens-ans") then all the roles have been taken. Occasionally, if someone requests a role, and then disappears, then it may be opened up again. However, in this case, the only sections then still need to be recorded, are a few chapters for Fagin, and the person doing that has already read a dozen chapters for the character, so there's a good changes he'll finish it.

Works with roles available generally have "OPEN" at the start of the topic name.
Truth,
James
---------------------
uclafalcon

Post by uclafalcon »

Hello,

It seems that Chapter 44 has the part of Fagin open... unless someone already has committed to this, I would like to take it, as my first foray into LibriVox-dom.

Thanks

Josh
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It is already assigned . The project is full. the dramatic works are harder to see at a glance but if their were vacancies it would not say [full] in the heading

Anne
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I'm going to be uploading the rest of the Fagin chapters this week so we can get this project wrapped up. Thank you everyone for your patience :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

Yay! :clap:
Adele

Post by annise »

well I'll extend the absolute deadline for the absolutely last time to next Saturday Night your time. Then we go with what we have even if I have to read the last part.

Anne
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

annise wrote:well I'll extend the absolute deadline for the absolutely last time to next Saturday Night your time. Then we go with what we have even if I have to read the last part.

Anne
I know for a fact that pjcsaville would love to read for the role of Fagin. He's very reliable and always gets his claims completed in a timely manner -- if you'd like a quick turnaround. Would it be alright with you and SweetPea if he read all of Fagin's lines, rather than having it split up between two readers? (He didn't post here himself because the project says "FULL," but I just wanted to let you know you have a ready volunteer, Anne.)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'd hoped Fagin would finish his role but it seems it wasn't possible , which is a great pity .
However I'd like to keep the chapters that are finished, redoing the whole reading would mean re editing all the files in which he appears , and I don't want to do that, so I'm hoping for a volunteer to finish the last sections . We are finished except for those chapters.
I have already had a volunteer but I'll keep your suggestion in mind if it doesn't work out

Anne
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

Great! We're still missing the Fagin file for Ch 42--could you upload that? Thanks!
Adele