COMPLETE Parson's Wedding by Killigrew - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

kcocco wrote:Here's the Parson! I'm a little rough with the editing software (as in, really don't know how to use it! So let me know what you need me to change).

"Lady McIntyre"

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/The_Parsons_Wedding.mp3
Thanks! Be aware, the name should have been parsonswedding_parson_[act number].mp3
Todd, you can change that, right

Is it all acts in one?
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kristingj wrote:
kcocco wrote:Here's the Parson! I'm a little rough with the editing software (as in, really don't know how to use it! So let me know what you need me to change).

"Lady McIntyre"

Thanks! Be aware, the name should have been parsonswedding_parson_[act number].mp3

Is it all acts in one?
I don't need to change the file name for cataloging since it will be deleted after its material has been transferred into the master files for the play. (And I don't know how to change file names yet...)

Thanks, Todd
AmyDeuchler

Post by AmyDeuchler »

May I claim Drawer (Act 3)?
Thanks, Amy

Working on these upcoming projects:
Plays:The Parson's Wedding, Short Plays from Dickens
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

AmyDeuchler wrote:May I claim Drawer (Act 3)?
Yes, you may:)
Kristin

catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

May I claim the Fiddler?

Sandra
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

catharmaiden wrote:May I claim the Fiddler?

Sandra
Of course:)
Kristin

catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

kcocco

Post by kcocco »

Kristingj wrote:

"Lady McIntyre"

Is it all acts in one?

Kristin,

It is all acts in one! I tried to read the Act and Scene numbers between each scene.

Lady McIntyre
AmyDeuchler

Post by AmyDeuchler »

Thanks, Amy

Working on these upcoming projects:
Plays:The Parson's Wedding, Short Plays from Dickens
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read both the servant and the tailor since there's no overlap?
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Apologies for being slow to PL.

Kalynda: Boy is PL OK.
wib66: Jolly 3 PL OK.
avocado: Captain 2-5 are PL OK.
Amy Deuchler: Drawer 3 PL OK
catharmaiden: fiddler PL OK

Well, that was easy! :thumbs:

I see there are a couple more files to PL. I will try to get to them this weekend.
Rob Marland reader section | website
linny

Post by linny »

I can read the Servant for you, if you would like.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote:I can read the Servant for you, if you would like.
Great, thanks!
Kristin

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

DianaS wrote:Here are the 2 additions that were missed for the Narrator.
I didn't know what to name it since its a PL fix/add. time 0:9.63

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_narrator_00.mp3
Diana,
Sorry for being slow to PL. Your supplementary lines for the narrator are PL OK. Thanks!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

"Lady McIntyre"

Apologies for being very slow to PL. I am afraid there are rather a few things to fix.

First, some best practice tips:
-Ideally, readers in dramatic works record acts separately. Some BCs (Book Coordinators) do it differently, but as a rule of thumb, check the MW (Magic Window) on the first page of the thread and see how many sections have been assigned to your character. Here, you will see that the Parson has four sections: act 1,2,4,5. So the BC will expect you to upload four files, each beginning with "[Character] read by [your name]" and optionally "Act [X]".
-As I think you saw after you uploaded, the files should also be named according to the formula in the first post of the thread, here "parsonswedding_[role]_[#].mp3". This helps us to keep track of everything, especially when it comes to editing.
-It's probably best to avoid reading scene numbers. This will help the editor, because then when he/she sees you have the next line in the script, they know that the next bit of waveform in your file will be that line (if the next bit of waveform is a scene number or something else, they will have to delete it and move to the next bit of waveform, so it takes a bit longer).
-It makes the editor's (and Proof Listener's!) task easier if you, as the reader, edit out any of your mistakes or re-takes. What many readers seem to do is to click their fingers whenever they make a mistake, so that when they have finished recording they can look back at their waveform and see the tall spikes where they clicked their fingers. This makes it easier to locate the mistake and quickly edit them out. Again, doing this helps the final editor to put the play together a bit faster.

Sorry about the lecture, but these are things we all had to learn the hard way when we started out! :)

Here are the mistakes I found. I have given you timestamps so you can find the errors quickly and edit in your re-takes.

00.50 Please re-read "Leave this injurious language" due to noises in background.
02.40 "half-ell long (hight ferret riband) the youth of our parish, as you have done." You didn't read the text in the parentheses.
03.45 "a pilfering, canting Sybil in her youth" BG noise on 'pilfering'.
04.05 "great frost upon our common" Repetition of 'common'.
05.10 "that went convoy once to Brentford with those" Repetition of Brentford.
08.00 "I must not lose him and my revenge too. Something that's mischief I am resolved to do." background noise.
11.25 Repetition of first two lines "Who's there? What would you have?" "You come not here. I'll answer your warrant to-morrow."
12.35 "what other ceremonies would you have? Be not afraid, sweetheart." BG noise.
13.20 "Master constable, a little argument will persuade you to believe I am grossly abused. Sure, this does not look like a piece that a man would sin to enjoy:" etc Repetition of early part fo the line, then BG noise.
14.35 "This is fine roguery" Reptition of line.
15.25 "but I hope your worship will desire no witness to the use of my wife. The sumner, and the watch too, I hope your worship will enjoin them silence." Repetition after mistake in reading.
18.55 "Ay, with all my heart," repeated.
20.00 "And as good company as any's i' th' town." Slight slip on this line.
24.35 "not any" repeated.
12.10 "I'm almost of his mind; and if other people find...etc" Delete first take of line.
26.37 Missed Omnes line (marked for Par. in the script): "Agreed"
27.00 "we shall have that damned courtier pluck on his shoes with the parson's musons". Rep' of 'pluck'
Last edited by RobMarland on June 14th, 2017, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.